Fluorine

Purity Ring

Yesssss LB bringing this thread to life. :mariah:

Amenamy is a good single choice IMO! I need some PR unreleased tho tbh.

They were both part of a band before they recorded "Ungirthed", but I've never bothered listening to any of its songs. :too funny: 

Megan was featured on a Dance Hall track a few months ago, and ago, and it was really good...they're also both going to appear on Danny Brown's next album, for which I can't wait. :excited:

She's contributing a hook, I think, and he's producing the track. 

N E W S O N G (pre-order single)

Lyrics 

purityring-beginagainlyrics.jpg

ANOTHER ETERNITY

Album Cover

purityring-anothereternity.png

Tracklist:
01 “Heartsigh”
02 “Bodyache”
03 “Push Pull”
04 “Repetition”
05 “Stranger Than Earth”
06 “Begin Again”
07 “Dust Hymn”
08 “Flood On The Floor”
09 “Sea Castle”
10 “Stillness In Woe”

Another Eternity is out 3/3 via 4AD. You can preorder the album now.

On Stereogum:

"Purity Ring got our attention last month with “Push Pull,” their first new song in over two years, and they’ve finally announced the details of their sophomore album and shared another new track. The album’s called Another Eternity, and is due out on March 3rd via 4AD. Megan James and Corin Roddick recorded the album primarily in their hometown of Edmonton, Alberta, and it was the first time that they made an album in the same room together, after crafting Shrines remotely while living in two different cities. “Begin Again” is another sparkling example of form, pushing the limits of the Purity Ring sound towards pop while still remaining satisfying untethered from time and space. Listen to the new song and check out the tracklist below."

I really love their lyrical style, the body and nature metaphors are so beautiful... I liked their first album but my main problem with it is that many of the songs are indistinguishable. It's enjoyable to listen to but it's difficult to think of some specific songs because they all sound pretty similar.

The new album seems to be moving in a slightly different direction and I like it. Begin Again is more "pop/dance" than their old stuff I think. The chorus sounds like it could be in a rave. I love the huge arena synths.

"You be the moon, I'll be the earth, and when we burst start over oh darling" /(^_^)/

N E W S O N G (pre-order single)

Lyrics

purityring-beginagainlyrics.jpg

ANOTHER ETERNITY

Album Cover

purityring-anothereternity.png

Tracklist:

01 “Heartsigh”

02 “Bodyache”

03 “Push Pull”

04 “Repetition”

05 “Stranger Than Earth”

06 “Begin Again”

07 “Dust Hymn”

08 “Flood On The Floor”

09 “Sea Castle”

10 “Stillness In Woe”

Another Eternity is out 3/3 via 4AD. You can preorder the album now.

On Stereogum:

"Purity Ring got our attention last month with “Push Pull,” their first new song in over two years, and they’ve finally announced the details of their sophomore album and shared another new track. The album’s called Another Eternity, and is due out on March 3rd via 4AD. Megan James and Corin Roddick recorded the album primarily in their hometown of Edmonton, Alberta, and it was the first time that they made an album in the same room together, after crafting Shrines remotely while living in two different cities. “Begin Again” is another sparkling example of form, pushing the limits of the Purity Ring sound towards pop while still remaining satisfying untethered from time and space. Listen to the new song and check out the tracklist below."

:thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

14417469274.gif