Sign in to follow this  
imalbertgrr

Lana Christmas song

I can hear it already, a Lana Del Rey Christmas song, she would make it soo beautiful

I can imagine her singing "Have Yourself A Merry Lil Xmas" or definitely "Santa Baby"

what do you think?

I think too many major artists people have covered Santa Baby now, ie. Madonna and Kylie Minogue. HOWEVER, I bet she can write a damn good christmas song along the lines of Santa Baby!

Radio stations across America switch to all-Christmas/Holiday music in November throughout December (some starting even earlier)

What Christmas song / Holiday song should Lana do, and if she were to do a duet, with whom?

(an original song would be great, but let's say its a known Christmas song-

I would love to see

Lana and Leonard Cohen hook up and do a revival of Bing Crosby & David Bowie "Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy" (or perhaps also leave Bing on the record

so there could be a Lana and Bing duet.

Lana and Lou Reed- maybe it could be possible to splice together a duet with a Christmas song or two Lou Reed sang. (there exists tapes on this).

Johnny Mathis who still sounds as good as ever at 79.

One thing a Christmas song would do is guarantee radio airplay/ streaming/ downloads each year for 2 months.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Hallmark's two tv networks are having a Christmas in July week but singers normally record the Christmas stuff in the summer so its ready to go

What time period did she do "Have yourself a merry little Christmas"? Is it new (meaning its coming this year? Or just never leaked/never released?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Hallmark's two tv networks are having a Christmas in July week but singers normally record the Christmas stuff in the summer so its ready to go

What time period did she do "Have yourself a merry little Christmas"? Is it new (meaning its coming this year? Or just never leaked/never released?

We have no idea. IIRC it was only registered last year (or we only discovered the registration then?), but that doesn't mean anything because she also registered Come When You Call Me last year as well. The only thing we know about it is that it exists, there's no other information currently available.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

LAST CHRISTMAS BY WHAM! LAST. FUCKING. CHRISTMAS.

Funny thing is I can totally see Lana covering it in her own special way :omfg2:  

its also my favourite Christmas song ever tbh 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371