Fluorine

Charli XCX

idk when that was published but I saw it earlier today actually and assumed I just missed it somehow and it had been posted here already. It makes me kind of sad tbh :/ I wish she wouldn't COMPLETELY abandon it...

It makes me sad too :( But I'll always follow Charli and I'm excited to hear new material anyway.

H0bDaqU.gif

“I feel like people were expecting me to make this hipster, electronic synth-pop record, and I couldn’t think of anything worse.” – Charli XCX

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/issues/issue_49/

idk when that was published but I saw it earlier today actually and assumed I just missed it somehow and it had been posted here already. It makes me kind of sad tbh :/ I wish she wouldn't COMPLETELY abandon it... 

Wow... it makes me think a lot of things about her sound before this era.

I thought True Romance took too long to be released because she was taking control of her own sound, just like Sky did with "Night Time, My Time", but now it makes me feel like everything she has released before SuperLove was something that made her feel bad or something like that.

True Romance is super hipster, truth be told. I can see her moving on to a more alternative sound without being too "hipster", she's sort of bringing the punk into pop but it's too early to say that.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Wow... it makes me think a lot of things about her sound before this era.

I thought True Romance took too long to be released because she was taking control of her own sound, just like Sky did with "Night Time, My Time", but now it makes me feel like everything she has released before SuperLove was something that made her feel bad or something like that.

True Romance is super hipster, truth be told. I can see her moving on to a more alternative sound without being too "hipster", she's sort of bringing the punk into pop but it's too early to say that.

Considering she loves working with Ariel, I could see it turning into NTMT 2.0 with tracks sounding like Omanko and Nobody Asked Me

BzhmW.png

Considering she loves working with Ariel, I could see it turning into NTMT 2.0 with tracks sounding like Omanko and Nobody Asked Me

I wouldn't be angry at all if she does something like that :D 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

New direction giving me serious Yeah Yeah Yeahs vibes and I'm all in for it

I just hope she doesn't put Allergic to Love, I Want Candy, and Premarital Sex all on. 2 many covers.

New direction giving me serious Yeah Yeah Yeahs vibes and I'm all in for it

I just hope she doesn't put Allergic to Love, I Want Candy, and Premarital Sex all on. 2 many covers.

I hope she doesn't put any of them on!! I'm getting worried Allergic to Love will be on the album though...

Why does she say this is a ring that she got from "a boyfriend" who she still loves dearly and not "MY boyfriend"... I don't think she really loves any of her exes deeply... Maybe her and Ryan did break up (but breaking up probably isnt about him because if they did I think they are still close)

I'd just like to say that Charli is making the music she wants to and I see a lot of people complaining about the sound right now.

She's not here to please you and you couldn't have expected her to stay the same sonically

BzhmW.png

I'd just like to say that Charli is making the music she wants to and I see a lot of people complaining about the sound right now.

She's not here to please you and you couldn't have expected her to stay the same sonically

I think most people know that. Nobody's mad at her, people just have preferences. I personally like the music she was making before better so it's a bit disappointing for me that she doesn't and won't go back to it at all. At the same time I have said numerous times that I'm happy she's happy and is making the music she wants to, and that I have faith it will grow on me and the record will be amazing, just in a different way than TR.

:$ It's really hard to hear in the studio version and all the lyric sites are/were wrong last time I checked.. I still don't know what she's saying in the bridge...

I wondered what the lyrics in the bridge were FOREVER but you can hear what she's saying pretty clearly in this acoustic set (black roses start at about 8:20). pretty sure it's "you're turning me off, off, out of phase and into focus, you keep turning me on, you're turning me on, you're turning me off, black roses go down, down, down, etc" :P

This means we've had the lyrics for Black Roses wrong the entire time unless she just changed it to "out of phase and into focus"

Wasn't it "I won't praise a man to fuck but you keep turning me on"

BzhmW.png

This means we've had the lyrics for Black Roses wrong the entire time unless she just changed it to "out of phase and into focus"

Wasn't it "I won't praise a man to fuck but you keep turning me on"

thats what the lyrics sites always said but I never thought it was right, I just didnt know what else it could be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qWe92C2bPo

"What the fuck!"
"What the fuck are you doin'?"

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qWe92C2bPo

"What the fuck!"

"What the fuck are you doin'?"

lol

mess why is this crowd so Dead :deadbanana:

also about the music she's gonna make: I'm ok with her doing the kind of things she like, if it's really this new Punk/Rock sound i hope it's more like NTMT

Also Superlove is a great song so if she incudes songs like it it could be nice too, but if i'd like anything it would be that she does some TR style of music 

qqAZ3mU.png

GUYSJKFFSKDFJ

some time ago i sent an ask to Charli on tumblr and I said ''Charli's angels'' as the fan base (it was just a silly name I created) and she replied ''Charli's Angels 4 lyf xxx''

and now I see this

1:00

OMG OMG  SHE REMEMBERS IT 

<Knowles // Aitchison // Grant>