Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 minute ago, Mariahspoolboy said:

Why does she think we want ballads from her? I literally DON'T want to hear it and it's so disappointing. MAKE A BALLS TO THE WALL CLUB ALBUM I'M BEGGING! Who ASKED for i might say something stupid? I'm MAD!

I fear you said something stupid

1 minute ago, Mariahspoolboy said:

Why does she think we want ballads from her? I literally DON'T want to hear it and it's so disappointing. MAKE A BALLS TO THE WALL CLUB ALBUM I'M BEGGING! Who ASKED for i might say something stupid? I'm MAD!

lucky, official, and party 4 u (debatable as a ballad i guess?) would like a word...

Aye I don't like this, but I like it, but I don't.

don't get me wrong, it's really good when it's really good, I love Charli always, but idk what this aims to be?

Like it feels like HIFN and Charli, Crash'd themselves and came out as that myspace music back in 2006 that just feels incomplete and ver diy-ey

i am guessing and hoping for this to be the thing that aims for success/streams/whatever and there's a b-side of the same songs but for a club setting.

i'll still spin this as much as I can and blast it out in the car because it's really good but yeah..... I'm confused lol

Just now, hypersalad said:

lucky, official, and party 4 u (debatable as a ballad i guess?) would like a word...

I just don't get the insistence, especially with her placement on the albums, it's always wrong (for me). I might say something stupid has no business being so early in the record, it makes no sense (on a first listen, anyway).

Spoiler

the only thing I am dissapointed about is 365 because I expected it to sound as it sounded live... I'm confused 

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

Spoiler

not apple sounding vaguely like marina. she really said let me beat her at her own game. this froot looks, well, you know........... (i'm kidding lol)

Spoiler

One of my favorite things is when an album starts and ends a certain way that it loops perfectly. Liiiiiiike this was made to be listened to on REPEAT. and on repeat it WILL be listened to! 

artworks-yifEMHcX7mCsbxf0-mEKqGw-t500x50

and again and again and again and again and again and

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

I feel like boiler room was something that created a lot of expectations and then on the album we are hearing something difffferent and we're just confused 

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

This is kinda a clusterfuck and that pains me to say as someone who has loved every Charli project. The tracklisting and flow is atrocious and everything just feels so... neutered because of the reined-in production. Teasing an era for months and talking about how it's a club record and then delivering this really sets herself up for disappointment. This situation isn't helped by the fact that the club mixes of songs like Talk Talk, 365, Sympathy Is A Knife were so fast and hard-hitting that listening to them in the album just makes me feel like I'm listening to some shitty fanmade slowed down remix. Additionally, I Think About It All The Time and Girl, So Confusing have always been meh to me ever since the demos first leaked and I don't think enough was done to really improve them. 

I think if she would have just framed it as an album that balances between introspection and dancing away her worries and not done those rave sets, it'd make this album an easier pill to swallow. 

:shrug: