Fluorine

Charli XCX

33 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

I really loved the comparison on that podcast that Brat is like an updated XCX World. It truly is everything I’ve ever wanted. If she retired from music forever, I would be content knowing we have Brat in this world.

omg do u have a timestamp for when she said that?

1 minute ago, vaux said:

omg do u have a timestamp for when she said that?

The podcasters said it, not Charli. But they were talking about it in the very beginning and then brought it up again at the end and Charli said she agreed with the comparison.

I love that she calls it a "club" album when really it's the "spiraling on molly in the bathroom at a club rethinking your life choices in the mirror" kind of club album. 

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

I don't think girl, so confusing is about one specific person, and charli said this recently:

Relationships between women are super-complex and multi-layered. You can like someone and dislike them at the same time; you can feel jealous of somebody but they can still be your friend; you can have the best time of your life on a night out with someone but not be that close to them at all. You can pose with your arms around a person at an awards show, but in reality you’re feeling not worthy, or small – or really cocky, or confident, or a huge multitude of different emotions. One day you can feel completely on top of the world; the next day, you can feel like your career’s over. The song is saying, sometimes it’s really confusing to be a girl, and that’s fine.

so whilst there are direct references to lorde, like the hair line and q&a where charli said lorde asked to make music together and it's never happened, I think it's still valid that some people think it's about marina too (and some lines made me think of marina)