Fluorine

Charli XCX

17 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

Nakata Yasutaka finally putting out good music more or less in the past 2 years, wish they did an entire oonts oonts project together (2018 was his rock bottom) his 2005-2011 work is god tier

TASTE

game and triangle by perfume (plus the love the world compilation), along with lounge designers killer by capsule are all EXCELLENT

would highly recommend

we need a perfume thread honestly...

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

the mental gymnastics she does to justify gaveling a mainstream sound this era... 

i get she's going to satire like " main stream loves interpolations etc etc " but let the tea speak for it self... 

i want to ironically sell out so ironic money goes into my bank account and i get an ironic amazing new record deal while i'm an ironic mega popstar. 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

like i know this might sound harsh but it's like she's scared of failing so she needs to pad it with a bunch of shit so she can say it was a joke the whole time or something. 

dua was queen of the charts last year, pop girlies are in; if you want to be one, then be one. 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

19 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:
 the mental gymnastics she does to justify gaveling a mainstream sound this era... 

i get she's going to satire like " main stream loves interpolations etc etc " but let the tea speak for it self... 

i want to ironically sell out so ironic money goes into my bank account and i get an ironic amazing new record deal while i'm an ironic mega popstar. 

i don’t think she’s trying to “justify gaveling a mainstream sound”, she’s making genuinely fun pop music, and i think it’s a sound she’s always wanted to fully explore. she wants to open the door for the more ‘experimental’ (for lack of a better word) type of music shes catered to for the past 6 years or so, bringing it into the mainstream as well, and i don’t have a problem with that! although i will admit she does sound a bit pompous here

I honestly think both of you are correct- but either way she’s never going to be a massive star and I thought both she and the fan base had accepted that. 

Update: She reads here too much-see her latest tweets 💀, I know no one in the comments was saying that.

i think Charli is reaching further than she need to and obviously she can do whatever she wants to as an artist and i’m sure as an artist who once endured chart success for a whole and then kind of lost it in return for really good (and in my opinion, better) music, there must be some sort of hunger for chart success. But i also feel like she doesn’t necessarily need to be doing this whole “mainstream” sound that she’s trying to go for.. a lot of the angels became fans during the 2016-2020 hyperpop era and despite them both being really great and underrated albums, not many listen to or remember true romance/sucker (besides boom clap, fancy, break the rules, etc) so from a marketing point of view it doesn’t really make much sense to me. plus, personally I feel like the last 2 singles haven’t really been up to par with good ones and previous releases. Beg For You could have been amazing but instead it sounds like a basic 2 minute radio top 20 that lasts on the chart for a week, this was a song with RINA. This could have been so much better i feel like. of course, I respect charli’s music and artistic direction and I always understand when an artist makes a change in sound and aesthetic that it’s important to do so and i’m also extremely excited for crash !!! i just feel like the standards are a bit lower now ?? all my opinion tho !!

On 1/28/2022 at 3:27 AM, KillForLove said:

im so bummed I really don't like it :noparty:

Same, I'm trying to force myself to like it but the vocal delivery and mixing is very jarring. And it doesn't really  go off  like the original so it kinda just makes me wanna listen to that instead. I don't even like Rina so it's not like the feature is a redeeming quality for me.

Literally the first release from her I don't love since I stanned in 2017.

i like the songs from this era but they do feel like an awkward middle ground if that makes sense..

her die hard hyperpop fans kinda dislike it because it’s a lot less experimental, yet it’s still too much “Charli” and lowkey basic pop for it to be charting. she should’ve went full future nostalgia with this one (not the actual album but the transitioning approach)

I never want her to do hyper pop again tbh, yes she gained a lot of fans but she also lost a lot of ones so that is very subjective. I knew a lot of fans would hate the change and tbh I’m glad-a lot of 2017-21 hyper stans can be toxic af(just see meet and greets before and after for reference) so goodbye to them.

Though again- experimental music would still be great just not pots and pans all the time-Some NIN vibes would be sweet.

I think Charli is at her best when she fuses the concepts of experimentalism with pop perfection. Like Number 1 Angel, XCX World, Vroom Vroom, etc. I’d love for her to reignite that sound again