Fluorine

Charli XCX

guys/girlies/they/its like she really needs this sell out and hopefully its a success because her ticket prices are like what 30 doallrs??? :defeated: obviously she makes money but like i would imagine comparing myself to my  (mediocre)  contemporaries and them selling tickets for more than double than 30 

33 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I can def see her doing a deluxe eventually and being like "⛓️Sellout era gotta milk this album playing the pop games deluxe out soon! 🩸🔪" or whatever

& I'm gonna Absolutely eat it up even tho I don't think deluxe albums should be a thing :oprah3: Charli XCX you will ALWAYS be famous :true:

SHE BETTA do this, i'm so tired of them stupid ass swifties and their million copies of the same damn album 

i want what they have

59 minutes ago, brandon said:

it’s so funny seeing people be mad that she’s selling out

maybe i’m stupid but it’s confusing to me that people are mad over her selling out when i thought that was the entire point of this era :wtfney: am i missing something?

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, sack said:

maybe i’m stupid but it’s confusing to me that people are mad over her selling out when i thought that was the entire point of this era :wtfney: am i missing something?

yeah i’ve straight up seen people upset that that’s the concept for this era LMFAOOO mainly on twitter 

mainly pretentious gays who can’t listen to mainstream pop because it’s not edgy or different enough for them

I really think it’s the lack of the hyper vocoder on her voice lol. If she was autotuned to hell they’d be all over it. The synths and actual instrumentals are still the same production imo. The only thing I’m sad about is the length of the tracks, but with her wanting the streaming numbers, I get them being at that 2:30 minute mark. It leaves you wanting more, so you stream it again. 

Just now, miamigardenclub said:

imagine accusing her of selling out during an era that is practically a parody (she said this herself) of pop culture, mainstream music and pop itself. idiocy

the thing is that while that was the plan she's actually starting to sell out now with beg for you

(this isn't me complaining btw just sharing the observation)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

the thing is that while that was the plan she's actually starting to sell out now with beg for you

here's how i see it: after being an innovative musician since 2015 and help more experimental music become popular within internet subcultures and the like, i think she's allowed to sell out whether it's a joke or not. girl has worked her ass off pioneering different sounds with such great talent most of her career let her make a generic song let her make the money

i dont like beg for you at all as ive said before, im just happy shes successful with this song even if its not my thing

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

yeah pretty much, and like selling out isn’t a bad thing, like make those coins queen!

also i feel like there’s not much of a difference between “the concept of this record is selling out” vs actually selling out 😭 lmaooo

1 minute ago, miamigardenclub said:

here's how i see it: after being an innovative musician since 2015 and help more experimental music become popular within internet subcultures and the like, i think she's allowed to sell out whether it's a joke or not. girl has worked her ass off pioneering different sounds with such great talent most of her career let her make a generic song let her make the money

i dont like beg for you at all as ive said before, im just happy shes successful with this song even if its not my thing

i agree with you exactly on this :makeup2:

the twitter gays need to touch grass without tweeting about how they're touching grass

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

28 minutes ago, VegaXCX said:

I really think it’s the lack of the hyper vocoder on her voice lol. If she was autotuned to hell they’d be all over it. The synths and actual instrumentals are still the same production imo. The only thing I’m sad about is the length of the tracks, but with her wanting the streaming numbers, I get them being at that 2:30 minute mark. It leaves you wanting more, so you stream it again. 

This-it’s not that big of a departure-Christ pop 2 had unlock it and out of my head-both pure pop songs. 

I love basic pop music/radio hits, i do not care if this era is full of them ( and honestly good for her if it is, she deserves her coin ) I just hate how insufferable she is trying to court the gate keeping gays and mainstream at the same time. 

she should encourage streaming/buying beg for you because it's a bop and not " it'll make vroom vroom/experimental music have better exposure " excuse. like hasn't she learned through i love it sidelining true romance ?? 

but her artpop could mean anything 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

This-it’s not that big of a departure-Christ pop 2 had unlock it and out of my head-both pure pop songs. 

i think people are mad that it's not an obscure sample or anything but honestly with the you for me leak she's clearly been writing with simple dance track formulas for awhile now, she just kept this one. But yeah, as someone who listens to a lot of noise and experimental artists, it makes me chuckle when pop2 and hifn are labeled as abrasive in someway. The only thing abrasive about pop2 is how awful femmebot is 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif