Fluorine

Charli XCX

do you guys think she will really release the next album in like June or next summer? i have a feeling it's going to be delayed, hopefully we will get a new single in February or something

she better!! she already said march and now june. it just kills me that she's put out the lead single WAAAAAYYYY before the album release date.

oh and is there any HQ live performance audio downloads?by any chance one for this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfAor8mLpt4 ?

I've always LOVED that performance of the song! I like the last chorus when you can hear her going "ahh ah ah ah" or whatever in the back.  :P

idk if this is HQ enough, but this is the version I have of it. I think it's the one from the itunes festival right? That's what this is. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzr9uc56zacsnwv/05%20You%27re%20the%20One%20%28Live%29.m4a?m

btw it must really suck that she's in Dubai but you can't go! Artists like her don't go there very often it seems :/ 

I've always LOVED that performance of the song! I like the last chorus when you can hear her going "ahh ah ah ah" or whatever in the back.  :P

idk if this is HQ enough, but this is the version I have of it. I think it's the one from the itunes festival right? That's what this is. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzr9uc56zacsnwv/05%20You%27re%20the%20One%20%28Live%29.m4a?m

btw it must really suck that she's in Dubai but you can't go! Artists like her don't go there very often it seems :/ 

yeah i love this performance!

and idk i feel like it's even weirder for her to come here so early in her career. Emeli Sande performed here last night too but she is more successful then Charli.

qqAZ3mU.png

Am I the only one who really miss her old hair? You know, that fluffy spongy hair...

I know what you mean. I miss it sometimes, but it does look a bit better now that it looks like she actually washes and brushes it lol... It's still got volume it's just not as bird's nest-y.

YES! I was just saying today how I really hope we get another single before the album comes out and then she posted an interview with Bullet Magazine where she says:

"I’m actually really excited for people to hear the next single, which I can’t say the name of yet, but I feel like that really sums up the record well."

It better be soon! I can't wait too much longer... Superlove was 4 months ago! 

Full interview: http://bullettmedia.com/article/charli-xcx-on-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-pop-stardom/

edit: ugh why is this thread so dead? I don't want to triple post... But am I the only one who's picturing this album sounding like Night Time, My Time? Every time she talks about the fact that the songs are pop but punk and very "live" with guitars and what not, I think of songs like I Will, 24 Hours, and You're Not The One, ESPECIALLY because she's working with Ariel Rechtshaid again. She said in the interview that people "expect" her to make a synthpop album so that's not what she's making (a moment of silence for me :( ) but all I can imagine what she would make instead to sound like is the direction Sky Ferreira went in...

YES! I was just saying today how I really hope we get another single before the album comes out and then she posted an interview with Bullet Magazine where she says:

"I’m actually really excited for people to hear the next single, which I can’t say the name of yet, but I feel like that really sums up the record well."

It better be soon! I can't wait too much longer... Superlove was 4 months ago! 

Full interview: http://bullettmedia.com/article/charli-xcx-on-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-pop-stardom/

edit: ugh why is this thread so dead? I don't want to triple post... But am I the only one who's picturing this album sounding like Night Time, My Time? Every time she talks about the fact that the songs are pop but punk and very "live" with guitars and what not, I think of songs like I Will, 24 Hours, and You're Not The One, ESPECIALLY because she's working with Ariel Rechtshaid again. She said in the interview that people "expect" her to make a synthpop album so that's not what she's making (a moment of silence for me :( ) but all I can imagine what she would make instead to sound like is the direction Sky Ferreira went in...

I think she means pop melodies with a punk sound. NTMT is still very electronic based. And Ariel Rechtshaid isn't working on Charli's new album as far as we know...

I think she means pop melodies with a punk sound. NTMT is still very electronic based. And Ariel Rechtshaid isn't working on Charli's new album as far as we know...

Oh, I thought we knew he was working with her again, even though she's mostly been talking about Patrick Berger.

And I think it's fair to assume there will still be a decent amount of electronic sound on her new album, looking at Superlove. It's more "live" than anything on True Romance, but it's not 100% live instrumentation. It's about as live as anything on NT, MT. Sure some songs like I Blame Myself are totally electronic, but 24 Hours, You're not the One, and I Will don't sound very electronic or synthpop to me.

I'm Happy that Superlove is the most "Pop" song on the album cause more then this would just be bad, i just hope there will be more songs like You're The One and Lock You Up/You/NS/Take My Hand and all

qqAZ3mU.png

Charli said she wrote about 20 songs for the album, she's gonna choose the 12 or 13 she likes the most and put it out.

In case you're wondering how many songs from the album we're not gonna get.  :poordat:

X----into me, into you----X

Charli said she wrote about 20 songs for the album, she's gonna choose the 12 or 13 she likes the most and put it out.

In case you're wondering how many songs from the album we're not gonna get.  :poordat:

Where? :tina:

Glad it's no longer 10. I'd bet anything she's collabing with Yung Lean, too, since she can't shut up about him.

Ughh I feel like the album is too close to completion to make us wait until June or later  :( Can't she PLEASE make late March or early April happen? I really want it while I'm in London lol...

and I know this is going to sound really dumb, but I'm fantasizing about getting a Black Roses pt 2 called Red Roses with a more live and "red" sound.  :flutter:

and I know this is going to sound really dumb, but I'm fantasizing about getting a Black Roses pt 2 called Red Roses with a more live and "red" sound.  :flutter:

this would be great since Black Roses is an amazing song but it will probably never happen :giveup:

qqAZ3mU.png

The title sounded good but her voice is so awkward when it's paired with the acoustic guitar

:eek:

it sounds weird because I think it's in a different key when she actually does it acoustically, but it's not a dramatic change...just like a half step 

BzhmW.png