Fluorine

Charli XCX

then why are you in this thread :bye3:

I don't get why you guys are hating on @@Velvet Elvis ... Just because he doesn't like the direction it looks like Charli is going in doesn't mean he's not a Charli XCX fan... Last I checked this is the CHARLI XCX thread, not the "Charli's second album (which isn't even out yet)" thread..

Tbh I kind of agree with him, although I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't think I'll like the album at all. But from what she's said about the music, lyrical content, inspirations for the second album, etc., it doesn't sound NEARLY as appealing to me as True Romance. It's a matter of personal taste. I'm a fan of Charli because of True Romance (well, rather the music she was recording two years prior to it's release, much of which ended up on the album). This new album just doesn't sound as good to me.

I want to trust her when she says it's her best work yet, but people have different tastes in music. A Charli album about being a strong and independent female with a lot of punk rock sounds and live instrumentation doesn't sound as good to me as a moody retro sounding electronic album about love and heartbreak.

I did, I know Madrigal did and I'm pretty sure Bookbinder and SitarHero would have, too. :P Plus whoever else lurked the thread around a year ago.

I saw it before I even gave 2 shits about her and I was like "why are y'all flipping out about a 10 second video where you cant even see her" but now I'm all about the  :crying:  we're feeling.

Also, lovin' the avi.  :cuteface:

X----into me, into you----X

Tbh I kind of agree with him, although I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't think I'll like the album at all. But from what she's said about the music, lyrical content, inspirations for the second album, etc., it doesn't sound NEARLY as appealing to me as True Romance. It's a matter of personal taste. I'm a fan of Charli because of True Romance (well, rather the music she was recording two years prior to it's release, much of which ended up on the album). This new album just doesn't sound as good to me.

I want to trust her when she says it's her best work yet, but people have different tastes in music. A Charli album about being a strong and independent female with a lot of punk rock sounds and live instrumentation doesn't sound as good to me as a moody retro sounding electronic album about love and heartbreak.

Also, I don't mean to be "that guy"...but like, are you ever happy with any music?  :ohno:

X----into me, into you----X

Also, I don't mean to be "that guy"...but like, are you ever happy with any music?  :ohno:

I don't understand this critique of me... I feel like either you or someone else said this to me before in this thread and I honestly don't get it... I literally just praised True Romance. I LOVE it (no pun intended). You're the one (also no pun intended... shit) who always seems to have an issue with something (such as the amazing songs Ariel produced for TR).

How do I seem so unhappy? Charli is right now maybe my favorite artist ever and when it comes down to it I love every track on True Romance. I even like So Far Away. 

I love Superlove too... It wasn't what I expected but I love it. Charli has said numerous times however that it's not a very good indicator of how the rest of the album will sound.

Why can I not say that I prefer her electronic music to the direction she seems to be going for this album? I'm honestly really confused... It's as if I just said "I don't like anything Charli or anyone has done" when in reality I just said I love everything she's done the last 2-3 years and I'm unsure if her next album will be able to match up to it because it sounds less appealing thematically. 

I did, I know Madrigal did and I'm pretty sure Bookbinder and SitarHero would have, too. :P Plus whoever else lurked the thread around a year ago.

#OGs

I don't understand this critique of me... I feel like either you or someone else said this to me before in this thread and I honestly don't get it... I literally just praised True Romance. I LOVE it (no pun intended). You're the one (also no pun intended... shit) who always seems to have an issue with something (such as the amazing songs Ariel produced for TR).

How do I seem so unhappy? Charli is right now maybe my favorite artist ever and when it comes down to it I love every track on True Romance. I even like So Far Away.

I love Superlove too... It wasn't what I expected but I love it. Charli has said numerous times however that it's not a very good indicator of how the rest of the album will sound.

Why can I not say that I prefer her electronic music to the direction she seems to be going for this album? I'm honestly really confused... It's as if I just said "I don't like anything Charli or anyone has done" when in reality I just said I love everything she's done the last 2-3 years and I'm unsure if her next album will be able to match up to it because it sounds less appealing thematically.

I agree with you and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Charli. Now, obviously we can't totally judge the album before it's out, but from what we've heard about it so far, I feel like True Romance will be my favorite of the two. Doesn't mean I won't like album #2, True Romance just seems like conceptually and production wise my preference so far. God forbid we don't make everything new she puts out top of our list, right???!!?!

H0bDaqU.gif

I don't get why you guys are hating on @@Velvet Elvis ... Just because he doesn't like the direction it looks like Charli is going in doesn't mean he's not a Charli XCX fan... Last I checked this is the CHARLI XCX thread, not the "Charli's second album (which isn't even out yet)" thread..

Actually it means that he's a fan of True Romance, not of Charli. If you are willing to stop listening to an artist (like he said) just because they are changing their style of music, then you were never a fan of the artist, only of their music. I don't necessarily like every Charli song, but I love the variety in her music and I love the personality she puts into all the different kinds of songs she's made. I am a Charli fan, not solely a TR fan. There's a very big difference. 

Oh and if this isn't a "Charli's second album (which isn't even out yet)" thread, then why do most of your more recent posts here reflect that title? All I see you doing in here is complaining that you think her new musical direction is going to end up disappointing you. Boohoo, we heard you the first 5 times. Stop whining about it. Her second album is what's going on in her career right now, so of course that will be what we all talk about the most. It's really ignorant of you to criticize me for talking about it. 

14417469274.gif

Actually it means that he's a fan of True Romance, not of Charli. If you are willing to stop listening to an artist (like he said) just because they are changing their style of music, then you were never a fan of the artist, only of their music. I don't necessarily like every Charli song, but I love the variety in her music and I love the personality she puts into all the different kinds of songs she's made. I am a Charli fan, not solely a TR fan. There's a very big difference. 

Oh and if this isn't a "Charli's second album (which isn't even out yet)" thread, then why do most of your more recent posts here reflect that title? All I see you doing in here is complaining that you think her new musical direction is going to end up disappointing you. Boohoo, we heard you the first 5 times. Stop whining about it. Her second album is what's going on in her career right now, so of course that will be what we all talk about the most. It's really ignorant of you to criticize me for talking about it. 

This is what a stan is. Somebody who's willing to stick with the artist through whatever. I just hate how people use that term so loosely.