Fluorine

Charli XCX

You found your way into the right thread!  :gclap:

I saw your post in the other thread; it was only thanks to your guidance!!!  :legend:

edit: anyway now that there's a new page: let's discuss Charli's mystery track... She made it seem like the song was going to be on the album. She recently referred to the "song she did for britney"

Funny thing is, when the demo of Alien leaked, all the articles had the heading "produced by William Orbit, written by Charli XCX" in it. 

http://stagedoor.fm/2013/11/18/new-music-britney-spears-alien/

http://blog.discopop.co.uk/2013/11/britney-spears-is-like-alien.html

https://twitter.com/MrWayneyB/status/402437965328433152

Like, they ALL say that Alien was Charli's song.   :O

X----into me, into you----X

Charli was chatting with fans on Fb a bit ago and she says album 2 is expected around June! 

Also, she plans on making special edition personalized physical copies of SuperLove!

When asked if she likes peas, Charli responds with "ew no :("  :teehee:

GXxpNU0.png

14417469274.gif

Charli was chatting with fans on Fb a bit ago and she says album 2 is expected around June! 

Also, she plans on making special edition personalized physical copies of SuperLove!

When asked if she likes peas, Charli responds with "ew no :("  :teehee:

GXxpNU0.png

Poor baby must've been crushed, but I'm glad she sees it in that/\ way.

I freaked out for like 10 seconds while reading the facebook posts she made because she said her first single from the second album will be out Dec 7th and at first I read it as her second single and I thought it was a new song, then I realized superlove technically isn't out still...  :facepalm:

Also I'm a bit disappointed the album isn't coming out until around June now because I'm going to London in the spring so I was hoping to be there when it came out and maybe she would do a few promotional shows in London.

nope... it's in a tour... idk if she was alone or touring with Marina

I know which one you're talking about!!! She gets really intense and then just screams during the instrumental breakdown. I love how she turns the most chill song on the album into the most intense song live. I wish it had that emotion in the studio version.

I need to find her Grins performance when she screams more than normal in the final ''that's my heart that you were breaking''. I saw it once and it amazed me, now i cant find it t_t

She screams quite a lot when she performs it with Sky.

I listened straight through True Romance for the time in a while today, and I realized it would be a perfect album had Cloud Aura been left off. Every other track is great.

They should have just either let Cloud Aura die on Super Ultra and have a 12 track album, or replaced it with something else *cough* Mess *cough* :hooker:

H0bDaqU.gif

I listened straight through True Romance for the time in a while today, and I realized it would be a perfect album had Cloud Aura been left off. Every other track is great.

They should have just either let Cloud Aura die on Super Ultra and have a 12 track album, or replaced it with something else *cough* Mess *cough* :hooker:

ugh yes, i always skip cloud aura

I listened yesterday and had a similar revelation. Man would Mess have been perfect. If it makes the second album, my only lament is that it'll be significantly stripped compared to the live version.

I'm also not exceedingly fond of the tracklist order. I appreciate how she describes it as somewhat cut-and-paste and it's cool as is but Stay Away after Take My Hand?!

I listened yesterday and had a similar revelation. Man would Mess have been perfect. If it makes the second album, my only lament is that it'll be significantly stripped compared to the live version.

I'm also not exceedingly fond of the tracklist order. I appreciate how she describes it as somewhat cut-and-paste and it's cool as is but Stay Away after Take My Hand?!

The one other song considered for the album and even on the FINAL MASTERING was Midnight. I'm SO upset it didn't make the cut, it's in the vein of Set Me Free and Stay Away, that perfect kind of 2011 dark-pop. I hope it gets released someday.

Also, on the tracklist, I agree. 

I also haaaate the outro to take my hand. A review said the song "slows down into Stay Away", but I was not expecting that.

The one other song considered for the album and even on the FINAL MASTERING was Midnight. I'm SO upset it didn't make the cut, it's in the vein of Set Me Free and Stay Away, that perfect kind of 2011 dark-pop. I hope it gets released someday.

Also, on the tracklist, I agree.

I also haaaate the outro to take my hand. A review said the song "slows down into Stay Away", but I was not expecting that.

How do you know Midnight is the vein of those two songs?

H0bDaqU.gif

Sounds like @ has Midnight and is fine talking about it but not sharing it  :noparty: ... And it's in the vein of Stay Away and Set Me Free... It really sounds like it should've made the tracklist based on that description, because I think the album needs one more dark/desperate song...

I think the album needs one more dark/desperate song...

I just wish Charli didn't have such a connection to Cloud Aura and So Far Away, because they definitely could've been shelved and made room for Interior or midnight.