Fluorine

Charli XCX

3 hours ago, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

this is actually insaned.... charli is her most uncohesive messy album with a bunch of walmart version pop2 songs... like maybe her worst album... (era/tour was fun though)

album was so ass i skipped the tour iā€™m sorryšŸ˜­

2 hours ago, Time said:

See, I've noticed how that isĀ the typical argument from people whose fave album is hifn. Meaning, most of the positive feelings people have towards that album comeĀ from the circumstances surrounding its release (the lockdown, fan involvement, how quickly it was conceived)Ā and not the music itself.

Ā 

pink diamond, forever, claws and visions are priceless songs, but the rest are just fine

Exactly.Ā People preferĀ hifn because there was little to no label say and Charli did not really have the time to sit on material and let it simmer. She was purely pulling music out of her ass with no second thought, which lead to a fantastic time capsule project. But not a sustainable way to pave the way forward in music. Sheā€™s still keeping that candid approach to her writing even now!!

7 minutes ago, track10swig said:

the sticker ohhh the 7" vinyl that went up briefly HAS to be real and what if the third track on that is spring breakers if it's not on the album, it'll be a cute b-side

Wasnā€™t the ? over two words also? Itā€™s possible she was trolling really hard and this may actually be the caseā€¦Ā 

Ā 

????? ???????? literally is spring breakersĀ 

8 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Wasnā€™t the ? over two words also? Itā€™s possible she was trolling really hard and this may actually be the caseā€¦Ā 

Ā 

????? ???????? literally is spring breakersĀ 

No it was 6 ? marksĀ 

So the spotify 7" that was up for a bit kind of confuses me.. it looks like they tried adding a clear plastic filter on top insinuating that the vinyl would come shipped in a clear PVC sleeve, but they usually only do this for a picture disc, but the mock-up they posted wasn't a pic disc? Do we think they're still going to be in a clear PVC sleeve?Ā 

Ā 

I made a rough mockup with the single artĀ 

Spoiler

Ā 

11 minutes ago, twitter said:

So the spotify 7" that was up for a bit kind of confuses me.. it looks like they tried adding a clear plastic filter on top insinuating that the vinyl would come shipped in a clear PVC sleeve, but they usually only do this for a picture disc, but the mock-up they posted wasn't a pic disc? Do we think they're still going to be in a clear PVC sleeve?Ā 

Ā 

I made a rough mockup with the single artĀ 

Ā  Hide contents

Ā 

It could be possible, I thought it was just a placeholder for when the image got released or finalized tbh

Charli-Sig.png

IG

i need this song to be an absolute 5 minute eargasm of just rave sleaze insanity after all this promo.

Ā 

also on the charli discourse, i do find the album to be jarring (Shake It I'm looking at you) but some of its songs are my all time xcx favourites...Ā 

Next Level Charli, Gone, Thoughts, I Don't Wanna Know, OfficialĀ :stage:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gifĀ gmgif.gifĀ morrissey-flowers.gif

I need everyone to understand that Charli is not the one stretching out the teasing, it'sĀ Atlantic. We've seen how fast Charli works. When she's left to her own devices (pop2, hifn, etc) she gets out music VERY quickly. The label are the ones whoĀ decide when to start promotion, when to drop teasers, when the single is released etc. They want the song to go "viral" before it's released. It's just a numbers game to them, they could not care less about how exciting a rollout is for fans. If you're annoyed with the rollout process, direct your frustrations to people at the label. Charli shouldn't be the one catching strays for the release schedule that her label is implementing.Ā 

Hearing the same snippet over and over is kinda annoying, Iā€™m afraid when we listen to the full song hearing it againĀ will feel weird andĀ take us out of the experienceā€¦

we've never had a spontaneous out of nowhere fast release from her because she doesn't know how to keep a secret. like even her getting out things fast is heavily teased beforehand. like she doesn't know how to be elusive and that's fine.Ā 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif