Fluorine

Charli XCX

6 hours ago, KillForLove said:

Where did this rumor come from that Atlantic is delaying the album and forcing her to do a long rollout? What indication do we have from her that resigning with Atlantic didn't get her a better deal in regards to releasing her own music? For all we know we could be getting the album within a month of the single?

I feel like I've actually really enjoyed the slow rollout and the trickle of information for once. It's been refreshing after almost a decade of leaks and instant gratification. Charli works quickly and has an insane output of one-offs, features, and remixes compared to her peers, I feel like we can trust her to move at a more than reasonable pace.

I feel like the combo of the quality of Crash and subsequently In The City really shook the fanbase's trust in her.

Good ones was a great start and for once she actually had a budget MV with a cool visual/sound combo, fun choreo, great outfits and a good song, and then pretty much everything else went to shit.

New Shapes was whatever. For a collab with a great trio it was meh and teasing the intro in the bandisintown was a mistake because I don't think anyone excepted the chorus to have that messy clashing melody.

almost 3 months after we get Beg for You and I'm not gonna drag this song because it's been done enough and even locals were calling her a thief. Literally who wanted this? The future of pop girl decided to team up with the futuristic y2k popgirl to rerelease a 2006 song? The only nice thing i can say about the song is the AG remix. 

Baby I think is great but the reception was mixed and we all know what happened and I think it was here -off of the heels of Beg For You- when the goodwill she'd built up with mixtapes and xcx3+4 with outer fanbase started to dwindle.

The album drops 7 months after the lead single and I wasn't online so i dont exactly remember reception but i really didn't love it and i dont see anyone wanting crash 2. we had  barely 3 songs to gag at from the album that wasnt even 35 minutes and 8 new songs. The WORST PART was every deluxe song being better than most of the album and are literally the only ones i revisit EVER.

We get the forgettable tiesto and bodiesbodiesbodies songs, speed drive and WTMC were cute but who actually cares. by the time we get to In The City everyone was hyped... and then she announced Sam smith... and THEN we heard it lmao. 

I can't say it's been a great run for charli and I would only expect fans to question her instincts because she hasn't exactly been dropping the greatness she once used to. but eh, her fans(me included) are annoying and impossible to please.

Idk i've liked a heavy majority of the music charli has put out. I could probably count on one hand all the charli songs i genuinely don't like. not everything has to be boundary-pushing alien sounds from outer space to be good. Crash is a great album and her most well-received album for a reason

Her label's release schedule is frustrating but it doesn't change my opinions on the actual music at all

I trust charlotte :flutter: Atlantic is a different story :crossed:

1 hour ago, rollwithme said:

At least we have Charli’s vocals on Britpop coming out on Friday to hold us over for a bit

No verses, just 1 word through the entire song 

7 hours ago, Monsef said:
Spoiler

I feel like the combo of the quality of Crash and subsequently In The City really shook the fanbase's trust in her.

Good ones was a great start and for once she actually had a budget MV with a cool visual/sound combo, fun choreo, great outfits and a good song, and then pretty much everything else went to shit.

New Shapes was whatever. For a collab with a great trio it was meh and teasing the intro in the bandisintown was a mistake because I don't think anyone excepted the chorus to have that messy clashing melody.

almost 3 months after we get Beg for You and I'm not gonna drag this song because it's been done enough and even locals were calling her a thief. Literally who wanted this? The future of pop girl decided to team up with the futuristic y2k popgirl to rerelease a 2006 song? The only nice thing i can say about the song is the AG remix. 

Baby I think is great but the reception was mixed and we all know what happened and I think it was here -off of the heels of Beg For You- when the goodwill she'd built up with mixtapes and xcx3+4 with outer fanbase started to dwindle.

The album drops 7 months after the lead single and I wasn't online so i dont exactly remember reception but i really didn't love it and i dont see anyone wanting crash 2. we had  barely 3 songs to gag at from the album that wasnt even 35 minutes and 8 new songs. The WORST PART was every deluxe song being better than most of the album and are literally the only ones i revisit EVER.

We get the forgettable tiesto and bodiesbodiesbodies songs, speed drive and WTMC were cute but who actually cares. by the time we get to In The City everyone was hyped... and then she announced Sam smith... and THEN we heard it lmao. 

I can't say it's been a great run for charli and I would only expect fans to question her instincts because she hasn't exactly been dropping the greatness she once used to. but eh, her fans(me included) are annoying and impossible to please.

the crash rollout was pretty terrible but i think it's a good album, it has its skips but sucker and self titled are far weaker in my opinion. hot in it and hot girl are both great, she's had plenty worse one off singles. welcome to my island remix and speed drive did as well as they could have. i have no idea what possessed her when she chose to release in the city.

i think she has always been pretty consistently hit or miss, nothing she's done over the past few years has been anything that out of the ordinary. vroom vroom and the mixtapes were kind of the career defining moments for her (charts and accolades aside) simply because of how groundbreaking they were at the time, which yes i would agree she hasn't really managed to replicate but she also hasn't necessarily tried. i do think xcx6 will be something new for her and i'm very looking forward to it but i honestly don't really expect her to pull off what she accomplished in 2016/2017 again. the kind of influence she had on reshaping the landscape of pop music is something most artists would dream about doing even once. things are just different now, she's in a different place with her career and pop music is in a different place and that's okay. i think she feels a lot of pressure, both internal and external, to live up to this name she's made for herself as an industry tastemaker but i think that she's more than earned it. people just want to see her reach her full potential. i rarely enjoy her rollouts lol so while i'm disappointed with the start this era has gotten off to i feel pretty confident hearing the album in its entirety will be satisfying