Fluorine

Charli XCX

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Did no one notice she’s uploaded a USB with two mystery tracks?

I mean the VD 7 inch vinyl leaked a couple of weeks ago and it said von dutch + von dutch remix w/addison & ag and a mystery track. could possibly be spring breakers as a b side. 

I def think the other mystery thing is Spring Breakers as a b side, idk why else she’d randomly post a 40 sec snippet and she obviously loves the song so (or it’s the next single that’ll be out by the time it ships)

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

2 minutes ago, ethelcain said:

I def think the other mystery thing is Spring Breakers as a b side, idk why else she’d randomly post a 40 sec snippet and she obviously loves the song so (or it’s the next single that’ll be out by the time it ships)

hmmm don´t keep your hopes high. It´s  probably a random vd remix  Atlantic could never be that useful to drop an "outtake" single as a b side release.

I gave in the city another listen and it now being sandwiched between speed drive and von dutch it feels like an even weirder choice to release. 

addison rae should have been in the speed drive video instead, and i think she should have given in the city as a pitch song to someone else. which knowing Charli’s luck would have meant the song blowing up:toofloppy:

Atlantic seems to be replicating the Crash rollout, so hopefully it won't be long before the second single gets announced. Hopefully we won't have to get through another month of painful teasing as well. 

I think I actually prefer in the city :lmao:

It’s mid but atleast her vocal is present 

40 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

I gave in the city another listen and it now being sandwiched between speed drive and von dutch it feels like an even weirder choice to release. 

addison rae should have been in the speed drive video instead, and i think she should have given in the city as a pitch song to someone else. which knowing Charli’s luck would have meant the song blowing up:toofloppy:

Rita Ora and Sam n01 Uk charts

if you didn't enjoy this song [Von dutch] you won't enjoy the rest of the album, because while she's been teasing this as some eDgY album for the rave gays it actually couldn't be further from that

near every song is 2 minutes, and compared to the raw indie inspired visuals the production actually sounds 10 times more minimalistic, polished and radio pandering than CRASH

don't go into it expecting heavy club bangers because you'll be very disappointed when the album comes out and your faves from the snippets she's been previewing actually sound like 2013 pitch demos and needless to say, lyrically, the themes don't go beyond her delusions of grandeur / inflated ego and her one sided beefs with fellow pop girls- but I can't believe that anyone would expect depth from a Charli XCX song to begin with"

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I hope she has songs without this vocal effect which has been used in speed drive and von Dutch :pout:

She recorded them both in the same studio session so that's probably why but I loved the vocals personally so I hope there is more 

Just now, alan said:

i'm really hoping that the mistery around the secret track from VD USB turns out to be Springs Breakers or some extended mix to VD

Pray for spring breakers :legend:

has anyone put charli's vocals from bullets onto the final by thy slaughter? I know someone's done no body by easyfun.

---

48 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Rita Ora and Sam n01 Uk charts

honestly I think about the songs charli gave away all the time, like if she kept i love it or senorita would she have had that much success? is it just her marketing team or something about her?

26 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

if you didn't enjoy this song [Von dutch] you won't enjoy the rest of the album, because while she's been teasing this as some eDgY album for the rave gays it actually couldn't be further from that

near every song is 2 minutes, and compared to the raw indie inspired visuals the production actually sounds 10 times more minimalistic, polished and radio pandering than CRASH

don't go into it expecting heavy club bangers because you'll be very disappointed when the album comes out and your faves from the snippets she's been previewing actually sound like 2013 pitch demos and needless to say, lyrically, the themes don't go beyond her delusions of grandeur / inflated ego and her one sided beefs with fellow pop girls- but I can't believe that anyone would expect depth from a Charli XCX song to begin with"

what is this 😭

15 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

has anyone put charli's vocals from bullets onto the final by thy slaughter? I know someone's done no body by easyfun.

---

honestly I think about the songs charli gave away all the time, like if she kept i love it or senorita would she have had that much success? is it just her marketing team or something about her?

I think her biggest chance of becoming a Dua level of medium recognition would have been sucker but more payola was needed- the promo was there via talk shows etc but something was still missing- image was perfect and the music was there- she just needed something to break through and I just don’t think the label were expecting her to semi blow up/were busy with other acts in the Uk so the timing was wrong.

I'm really curious to see who of the album producers she got to produce the final version of Girl (praying it's El Guincho)

also even tho we do not know if it is gonna be on the album, I can't wait to find out what kind of production Charli used for The Apple. 

The lyrics of the song are more like poetry than traditional song lyrics