Fluorine

Charli XCX

4 hours ago, rollwithme said:

Yall better not be hating on Brat when these remix album theories end up not coming true because I will not stand for the slander of this great body of work

I won't hate on it if it's great and the singles all point to it being great

but i would def be hating if the remixes we've heard don't get released that would be a tragedy

even if there isn't a whole "remix album"

8 minutes ago, weam said:

I won't hate on it if it's great and the singles all point to it being great

but i would def be hating if the remixes we've heard don't get released that would be a tragedy

even if there isn't a whole "remix album"

This. I genuinely think the album will be an amazing body of work, I just think it's been heavily misbranded from what we've been hearing from the singles vs. what she is saying the album is and what we were shown following von dutch through the remixes 

However, I haven't heard the whole album so I could change my opinion on it not being very club :flutter:

8 minutes ago, DD said:

This. I genuinely think the album will be an amazing body of work, I just think it's been heavily misbranded from what we've been hearing from the singles vs. what she is saying the album is and what we were shown following von dutch through the remixes 

However, I haven't heard the whole album so I could change my opinion on it not being very club :flutter:

I think it will be very club just not in the way von dutch had us believe

we misread what von dutch was trying to put forward i think

we thought we are getting a lot of heavy edm and high-octane songs with touches of pc music in there (rightfully so after the boiler room set)

what it was actually trying to show us is indie sleaze / early 2010s club music with touches of ed banger and pc music

club classics works more in that context

b2b with the heavy gesaffelstein synths and super repetitive hook kinda splits the difference

but with the 360 teaser it seems more likely it's sweaty bratty indie sleaze she's going for

knowing she's friends with the dare he probably influenced the sound of this album a lot

doss is another name that comes to mind

really the new york club scene that's been buzzing lately

1 minute ago, weam said:

I think it will bevery club just not in the way von dutch had us believe

we thought we are getting a lot of heavy edm and high-octane songs with touches of pc music in there

what it was actually trying to show us is indie sleaze / early 2010s club music with touches of ed banger amd pc music

b2b with the heavy gesaffelstein synths and super repetitive hook kinda splits the difference

but with the 360 teaser it seems more likely it's sweaty bratty indie sleaze she's going for

knowing she's friends with the dare he probably influenced the sound of this album a lot

Doss is super fun I hope she at least got to prod a track on the album or is on a Remix

35 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

why does charli have beef with lorde, what she do 

idk i never really read it as beef i kinda just always read the lyrics as her being, well, confused and/or insecure 

always talking about “omg!!! we sooo need to make music!” but then never actually making an effort to get into the studio 

or just like hanging out and it being awkward because obviously they’re very different 

i think it’s probably that way with a lot of people, feeling sort of pressured to be friends with others in the industry because your fans want you to be, and then it feeling a little fake or manufactured because you don’t actually mesh very well personally 

i kinda always assumed that was the deal with marina & lana back in the day too

6 hours ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

it wasn’t really a leak - charli posted it on 360 brat

No it leaked months ago, before we even knew the name of the album or of Von dutch's existence. If she had posted it then, we wouldn't have had the AI conversation about it. I can believe she posted it more recently, but we've had a version of it for a while.

45 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

She used to “diss” other artists.

Taylor, Lana, Miley etc.

Maybe she said something about Charli we don’t know about…

IMG-3521.jpg

51 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

She used to “diss” other artists.

Taylor, Lana, Miley etc.

Maybe she said something about Charli we don’t know about…

oh, so stans are still shitting their pants over her lukewarm shade from 10 years ago

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

5 hours ago, Party Favor said:

I remember her saying the song wasn't a diss but more about her anxiety around "this person" (lorde)

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, juiced froot said:

why do people still think girl is about lorde when it’s obviously about marina :sky:

7 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

i dont see why everyone is so definitive about this song being about lorde, it could be about many people

Because it's literally about Lorde :toofunny:

Spoiler

IrSjY65.png

• "We talk about making music, but I don't know if it's honest" 
  • "People say we're alike, they say we got the same hair" --> the whole reason why so many people used to compare her to Lorde was cause they both had the big hair. To this day people make Charli = Lorde jokes, which Charli has acknowledged multiple times (recently too).
  • She said the song is about her anxiety around this person, which goes hand in hand with that 360_brat post
  • People aren't out here saying her and Marina look alike cause they got the same hair, they don't have any type of friendship for her to have anxiety over like she does with Lorde, and her and Marina have collabed already in the past so the "one day we might make some music" line wouldn't make sense.
  • That screenshot should be enough proof that it's 100% about Lorde :toofunny:

qfrWuBl.png

5 hours ago, weam said:

I think it will be very club just not in the way von dutch had us believe

we thought we are getting a lot of heavy edm and high-octane songs with touches of pc music in there (rightfully so after the boiler room set)

what it was actually trying to show us is indie sleaze / early 2010s club music with touches of ed banger and pc music

I agree with everything you say. But not the "indie sleaze" wording. 

You got the Ed banger vibe right but that's not indie sleaze. Charlis going Bloghouse honey.

Indie sleaze is more Ok Go, Passion Pit, Gossip ect. Take it from me, an old gay who was there 😂😂

36 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Because it's literally about Lorde :toofunny:

Hide contents

IrSjY65.png

• "We talk about making music, but I don't know if it's honest" 
  • "People say we're alike, they say we got the same hair" --> the whole reason why so many people used to compare her to Lorde was cause they both had the big hair. To this day people make Charli = Lorde jokes, which Charli has acknowledged multiple times (recently too).
  • She said the song is about her anxiety around this person, which goes hand in hand with that 360_brat post
  • People aren't out here saying her and Marina look alike cause they got the same hair, they don't have any type of friendship for her to have anxiety over like she does with Lorde, and her and Marina have collabed already in the past so the "one day we might make some music" line wouldn't make sense.
  • That screenshot should be enough proof that it's 100% about Lorde :toofunny:

first time seeing that story. this is why I hated brat exclusives :toofloppy:

lorde has always seemed lowkey miserable to me, she comes across as entitled and bitter and resentful. i don't know the woman so obviously i have no idea but her mannerisms remind me of friends i have personally had that i felt like i had to walk on eggshells around so i don't find it surprising at all that girl so confusing would be about her lol

also i forgot/didn't realize that 360 is the opener for brat, kind of bummed to get it as a single. i always prefer to listen to opening and closing tracks within the context of the full album for the first time