Fluorine

Charli XCX

Do you guys also feel very frustrated when your favourite artists release music and then shortly after (less than one year ago, for instance), they seem as if they didn't care at all about what they put out?

Like, it's all happening with Charli with SUCKER and it clearly happened to Lana after the release of Ultraviolence.

Even though I do really like the music (specially Lana's album), it bugs me a lot when I feel the artists aren't satisfied with it and want to move on. It makes me not want to listen to it anymore as I feel it's not genuine (at least not anymore).

Just wanted to share and know you guys' opinions too.

Do you guys also feel very frustrated when your favourite artists release music and then shortly after (less than one year ago, for instance), they seem as if they didn't care at all about what they put out?

Like, it's all happening with Charli with SUCKER and it clearly happened to Lana after the release of Ultraviolence.

Even though I do really like the music (specially Lana's album), it bugs me a lot when I feel the artists aren't satisfied with it and want to move on. It makes me not want to listen to it anymore as I feel it's not genuine (at least not anymore).

yes i feel this. i like both those albums tho  :( but at the same time it means we're getting new music sooner than expected so at least there's a plus side to it. and i also think it's a bit selfish when fans request a certain type of music from an artist... i do personally think True Romance is a better album than Sucker, but if Charli said Sucker was the type of music she wanted to be making then i wouldn't complain. i want my faves to be happy with their work  :bye2:

TjmiIK4.png

Yeah it's like they're saying "you're a fucking loser for even liking this album so much"

:/

I don't really think either scenario has very much to do with the music at all so it doesn't stop me from listening

lana really annoyed me when she abandoned it bc UV was so amazing and deserved so much more...she seemed genuinely happy with it and i believe she left it behind bc of all the bad memories associated (barrie breakup, guardian article etc), so she can *kinda* be forgiven for it.

with Charli, i dont really feel like shes abandoning it bc she has stuck to it for some time now (approx 2013 taking SuperLove into account). also, i dont feel like Sucker was an accurate representation of her, so i can kind of understand her "ditching" it more; she clearly doesnt like the tweenager market she's received because of it. idk im looking forward to more music from her that's actually "her".

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i h8 most of sucker so it's cool that she hates it too tbh

father please | i know what the silence's for | i don't want you standing at my door | opening the lock with your fingers no

I feel like when I watch her recent interviews that she just is just annoyed with everything and sick of promoting Sucker. idk. Like in that interview about "Diamonds" too she acted like she had to downplay the song as if it were really shit because she wrote it when she was 15. Like girl if you think it's crappy and didn't wanna send Giorgio the acapella then you didn't have to? Unless her label did it without her permission or something I guess. I just can't decide if she's being controlled to do stuff like this or if she's doing it and then being annoyed later.

Tbh I just keep listening to the 2013 era tracks on repeat (True Romance and all the unreleased and collabs from that time) and find that I like listening to her much more when I pretend Sucker isn't there. I just hate this era. The album is okay and I like it but something just doesn't feel right. It's just so hard for me to buy that THIS is more the real Charli. there's no way.

H0bDaqU.gif

Sucker was really great for a month or so, but then I kinda saw it for what it really was and it didn't seem so great anymore...i dont purposefully listen to it anymore, but if some tracks come on shuffle (sucker, breaking up, allergic 2 luv, need ur luv, gold coins, superlove, doing it ft rita & money), ill listen.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i deleted my sucker album (which only consisted of boom clap & gold coins) last week :oop2:

i would say "DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!!111!!!" but honestly youve done the lords work by deleting it.....................

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

(I love sucker especially So Over You and Need Ur Luv thanks this has been a public service announcement bye)

me too. and Doing It (solo). the only songs I really don't care for are Die Tonight/Red Balloon tbh

TjmiIK4.png

what the fuck is up with y'all all the sudden hating it so god damn much tho? now y'all are just hating it because charli's somewhat """"shading"""" it and it's era. stop

lABVyGE.png