Fluorine

Charli XCX

I think that "intro" is Black Roses.

I liked "What I Like" much better with that :noparty:

I guess that means Black Roses will probably be awesome and WIL will probably remain...basic.

Did anyone do the Google+ Q&A with her? Has it happened yet?

I liked "What I Like" much better with that :noparty:

I guess that means Black Roses will probably be awesome and WIL will probably remain...basic.

Did anyone do the Google+ Q&A with her? Has it happened yet?

It was the stupidest thing ever, thanks to the "fans". But she performed You and What I Like (which has grown on me a lot).

I really wanna love True Romance. You're The One, Nuclear Seasons, and You (Ha Ha Ha) give me so much life but the rest are sorta bleh. Stay Away is okay. Idk maybe it'll all grow on me when the album is released. I haven't really listened to anything else but those 4 as bits if others so it'll all be new to me. Oh and it doesn't help that I think the album cover is atrocious... :eek:

H0bDaqU.gif

I really wanna love True Romance. You're The One, Nuclear Seasons, and You (Ha Ha Ha) give me so much life but the rest are sorta bleh. Stay Away is okay. Idk maybe it'll all grow on me when the album is released. I haven't really listened to anything else but those 4 as bits if others so it'll all be new to me. Oh and it doesn't help that I think the album cover is atrocious... :eek:

Stay Away is 10 times better than You're the One though.  :smh:

last.fm  

All the tracks are 10 times better than "You're the One." I still do not understand how people consider it her best single when her masterpiece is clearly either "Nuclear Seasons" or "Stay Away."

I really love Stay Away but it was like the first "official" song she released and she released it so much earlier than most of her other material. It probably wasn't exactly the sound SHE was going for. (Darker)

It sounds great so I think that's why she released it.

But, I don't think were gonna be getting music that sounds like that. That's just my input.

I really love Stay Away but it was like the first "official" song she released and she released it so much earlier than most of her other material. It probably wasn't exactly the sound SHE was going for. (Darker)

It sounds great so I think that's why she released it.

But, I don't think were gonna be getting music that sounds like that. That's just my input.

The most important thing to keep in mind about 'Stay Away' is that it's the earliest released track we actually have, not including the early material which she wishes she had never released. :P It is the first song to come from her sessions with Ariel - the first of the 'new era,' if you will. 

When Charli was first signed to Atlantic, she worked with many very 'Pop' producers - people like Matt Squire (Ariana Grande, Katy Perry), MachoPsycho (P!nk, Jessica Simpson), and Greg Kurstin (Lily Allen, Sky Ferreira). She has said herself the songs from these sessions weren't making her happy - they just weren't the kinda thing she wanted to release, that fit her idea of how she wished to appear as an artist. Then, she met Ariel. The first day they met, in just two hours, 'Stay Away' really just came together. As you can imagine, she was immensely pleased - not only way the track incredible, but it helped show her exactly what kind of music she wanted to make. So even if it doesn't fit perfectly with all the other songs, it's still (A.) an incredible song, and (B.) represents a turning point for Charli artistically. 

Stay Away is 10 times better than You're the One though.  :smh:

All the tracks are 10 times better than "You're the One." I still do not understand how people consider it her best single when her masterpiece is clearly either "Nuclear Seasons" or "Stay Away."

I have to agree, with a few possible exceptions; 'So Far Away,' 'Cloud Aura,' and 'Grins' certainly do not match it, lyrically or musically :P

And I think we will all be quite impressed with 'Take My Hand' - from what I've heard, I think that will be a universal favourite. 

Then again, it's Charli - I can never choose a favourite. :toofloppy: Still, I do think 'Stay Away' is my most played Charli song, and with good reason.

She's already working on her 2nd album most likely, which she was probably doing when we thought she was doing True Romance since I find it hard to believe she only recorded 4 more songs.

Maybe we'll get a new album in a years time?

BzhmW.png

She's already working on her 2nd album most likely, which she was probably doing when we thought she was doing True Romance since I find it hard to believe she only recorded 4 more songs.

Maybe we'll get a new album in a years time?

Why bother making new ones, is my question.

Here's a rough tally of unreleased songs, not including MySpace demos/ancient stuff:

13 MNEK songs

~13 "Pop" Producer songs

~13 Old/New unleaked titles ("Do It Well," "Interior," Rick Nowels songs, Blood Orange songs)

Even if she just took the ones she liked best, that has to be at least a record...and don't forget "Mess" and "Lonely Jaguar." :(

Well, we have 5 recent titles that were for True Romance or post-True Romance, 2 covers, 2 more songs I'm not totally sure of, if she wanted to, that's 9 songs right there. 

X----into me, into you----X

Well, we have 5 recent titles that were for True Romance or post-True Romance, 2 covers, 2 more songs I'm not totally sure of, if she wanted to, that's 9 songs right there.

5: Is that "Midnight," "Watching You," and..."Mess," "Lonely Jaguar?"

2: that mysterious Blood Orange cover and "The Killing Moon?"

2: Not "True Romance" itself, right?

Don't forget, "Angry All the Time" is old - very - and she talked like the Greg Kurstin song(s) were def. gonna be on the album.