Fluorine

Charli XCX

some thoughts on the final 1999:

-charli's new/more polished vocals are amazing!

-they replaced the bass sound with a synth, I prefer the demo one

-the instrumental is much more produced, it's amazing

-troye sings charli's second verse which leaked in the recording (charli has new backing adlibs on it too)

-charli's MJ backing is still there, thankfully

-troye's bridge is okay but very forgettable

-the ending is way too abrupt, but it's okay because the song is an instant classic

some thoughts on the final 1999:

-charli's new/more polished vocals are amazing!

-they replaced the bass sound with a synth, I prefer the demo one

-the instrumental is much more produced, it's amazing

-troye sings charli's second verse which leaked in the recording (charli has new backing adlibs on it too)

-charli's MJ backing is still there, thankfully

-troye's bridge is okay but very forgettable

-the ending is way too abrupt, but it's okay because the song is an instant classic

do u plan on leaking the demo tho is my question

g68BRo8.gif

WHERE is this info coming from?? ...and what required "revisiting?" It was nearly perfect lol

maybe in 2016 it didn't need revisiting... it was very well crafted for radio at the time it was made, a lot has changed since then

also I'd like to correct some misinformation I posted before:

-CTMP was actually the last song recorded for XCX World in May 2016, cowritten with MNDR, produced by Invisible Men, and coproduced by Saltwives

-charli actually did hate boys and the label basically forced her to record it along with other songs last year :/

Is the video shot for C2MP gonna be used for 1999 or are they 2 separate videos?!

the "xcx house party" thing she teased in feb was def the video for CTMP. 

-CTMP was actually the last song recorded for XCX World in May 2016, cowritten with MNDR, produced by Invisible Men, and coproduced by Saltwives

-charli actually did hate boys and the label basically forced her to record it along with other songs last year :/

in my mind Issues was a Charli song, Julia is so ugly for not realizing that song belongs with Charli 

the "xcx house party" thing she teased in feb was def the video for CTMP.

Thank you!!!!!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

YES. it just made sense, no other track would work, I NEED IT.

also is the 1999 video coming on Friday as well or was that a theory

I would say yes because the reason it was delayed in the first place was because the video wasn't finished but who knows with charli lol

maybe in 2016 it didn't need revisiting... it was very well crafted for radio at the time it was made, a lot has changed since then

**tries to imagine what late 2018/early 2019 pop radio sounds like... doesn't have any clue...**  :toofunny:

**tries to imagine what late 2018/early 2019 pop radio sounds like... doesn't have any clue...**  :toofunny:

Super hyped for a reggaeton infused  Come to My Party revisited version featuring Daddy Yankee & Becky G  :ohmy: