Fluorine

Charli XCX

Pretty sure she did sign a 3 album deal I remember seeing it in like a documentary or something :ohno:

You’re making that up. People just assumed she was in a 3 album contract because 3-4 is the typical album contract length and a user on here brought it up and a lot of people ran with it.

You’re making that up. People just assumed she was in a 3 album contract because 3-4 is the typical album contract length and a user on here brought it up and a lot of people ran with it.

it was like a documentary on her beginning and a fat white man (I think it was her manager) said and he also said how he went to see her at some pub and signed on her energy and not on her vocal abilities

I hope some of the leaked XCX3 songs make the album... :ohno:

I love most of XCX World but i don't think these songs fit in her sound anymore, even No Angel and GNO sound like something new and more in line with Charli post- Number 1 Angel & Pop 2 (i still wish C2MP and Taxi come to reality like it deserves with an upgrade on production)

But yeah, there are some tracks that are AMAZING. Die 4, Waterfall and IWBWU are some of my favorites by Charli

it was like a documentary on her beginning and a fat white man (I think it was her manager) said and he also said how he went to see her at some pub and signed on her energy and not on her vocal abilities

I mean that is the story of how Ed Howard (her A&R) signed her, but I’m pretty sure a label rep would never state how long the contract is for. Also what I’m not familiar with any documentary on her other than that semi-fanmade one that was run through like MTV UK or something.

Wait, I don't know the ins-and-outs of labels? What does a 360 deal actually mean?

According to wikipedia: 

"In the music industry, a 360 deal (from 360° deal) is a business relationship between an artist and a music industry company. The company agrees to provide financial and other support for the artist, including direct advances as well as support in marketing, promotion, touring and other areas. In turn, the artist agrees to give the company a percentage of an increased number of their revenue streams, often including sales of recorded music, live performances, publishing and more."

But I'm pretty sure that they have control over everything, in terms of image, the rights of her songs, and other stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong.

giphy.gif

Wait, I don't know the ins-and-outs of labels? What does a 360 deal actually mean?

A 360 deal is when a label agrees to not only financially support an artist’s recording but also in other areas, for example: marketing, publishing, distribution, touring, merchandising, etc., in exchange for a percentage of the profits gained on these things. Not every 360 deal contains all of those things but its the general idea of a 360 contract.

I mean that is the story of how Ed Howard (her A&R) signed her, but I’m pretty sure a label rep would never state how long the contract is for. Also what I’m not familiar with any documentary on her other than that semi-fanmade one that was run through like MTV UK or something.

I wish I could remember what it was called :facepalm:

According to wikipedia: 

"In the music industry, a 360 deal (from 360° deal) is a business relationship between an artist and a music industry company. The company agrees to provide financial and other support for the artist, including direct advances as well as support in marketing, promotion, touring and other areas. In turn, the artist agrees to give the company a percentage of an increased number of their revenue streams, often including sales of recorded music, live performances, publishing and more."

But I'm pretty sure that they have control over everything, in terms of image, the rights of her songs, and other stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A 360 deal is when a label agrees to not only financially support an artist’s recording but also in other areas, for example: marketing, publishing, distribution, touring, merchandising, etc., in exchange for a percentage of the profits gained on these things. Not every 360 deal contains all of those things but its the general idea of a 360 contract.

thanks for clearing this up! damn that's a lot of power the label has.

i'm gonna try to serve the locals some taste bc i got to hook up with the guy from my uni's radio and i'll be playing 1999 every 30 minutes

i feel like bbc1  :creep:

:toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

resourceful marketing king, WE FUCKIN STAN