Fluorine

Charli XCX

charli will never top the super ultra/true romance era/music... she came close with vroom vroom but no bitch

i'm very satisfied with the PC bops we have received. if everything leaks (#party4u) i'll be fine if she's done with it, but i really want her to release another true romance album with like updated production and stuff. she's been using some true romance songs on her tour vids on instagram so i wonder if she's getting back into her old sound or if she can just recognize that 2012/2013 were the golden charli years

i'm very satisfied with the PC bops we have received. if everything leaks (#party4u) i'll be fine if she's done with it, but i really want her to release another true romance album with like updated production and stuff. she's been using some true romance songs on her tour vids on instagram so i wonder if she's getting back into her old sound or if she can just recognize that 2012/2013 were the golden charli years

I love the PC music too but I'm not really getting her vision or direction. I hope she gets more freedom from her label and stops releasing trash hype singles every 6 months (boys, atap)

giphy.gif

I've said it before but I really prefer her more PC Music inspired work. I think she manages to make PC Music more accessible, while still keeping it quirky. I find it to be her most interesting and exciting stuff personally but I do think her True Romance stuff was incredible lyric wise. I'd love to see her do a kind of moody autotuned hip hop inspired album in the future (along the lines of Dreamer, Blame It On U, etc).

honest answer: do you guys think Charli is happy with her new sound?

In my opinion, she seems like she's the happiest she's ever been. As Charli fans I think we can all agree that she moves onto new music projects so fast when TR and Sucker were released she was pretty much over them the second she put them out but with her new music style ((even though her releases aren't the way she wants them to be) she's actually enjoying the music/eras and is sticking with the PC Music sound she totally abandoned the TR and Sucker sound even if she's worked with the same producers she hasn't done something like songs from her previous albums. Personally I love both TR and Sucker but her new sound is the best music she's ever made.

Side note: remember she quit touring due exhaustion she was literally tired of performing songs from Sucker and she wanted to perform new songs, when she made her comeback at SXSW with Sophie she was really happy and so energetic.

honest answer: do you guys think Charli is happy with her new sound? 

she seems much happier post album leak to be honest, i think she's been sitting on all this PC influenced music since 2015 with minimal opportunities to release it (obviously) and at this point she might be getting tired of it. i think the new xcx3 will probably be more minimal and tropical like boys and 1 night. it'll be interesting to see what direction her new stuff takes if she's ditching the PC music and has AG cook himself as her creative director

I've said it before but I really prefer her more PC Music inspired work. I think she manages to make PC Music more accessible, while still keeping it quirky. I find it to be her most interesting and exciting stuff personally but I do think her True Romance stuff was incredible lyric wise. I'd love to see her do a kind of moody autotuned hip hop inspired album in the future (along the lines of Dreamer, Blame It On U, etc).

this is my dream charli album i'm gonna cry !!! it's so tragic how long it took for me to realize blame it on you is such a fuckin slapper !!! i stan #party4u for this exact reason, it's such a moody autotuned masterpiece. i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope her cher cover leaks

I'm a little confused. Didn't all of her tracks fro the album leak during summer and not in april? They had this interview before the release fo the Boys mv and i remember that when the tracks got leaked the mv was already out... so how did she knew her album got leaked? correct me if i'm wrong

oh well nvm they talked again after boys release