Fluorine

Charli XCX

RT, y’all bandwagon fans apparently only care about the new stuff but there are so many old songs that are probably amazing... the rest of the MNEK / Tikovoi / Ahlund / MachoPsycho / Squire / etc. songs are probably just as good & she’s worked with HUNDREDS of producers. I’d so much prefer 2012-2015 demos leak than new stuff.

Remember when (I think?) Reflecting leaked & she said it wasn’t for Selena Gomez, but was like KINDA chill with it? Lol. That’s so much a better place to be in than the new leaks.

That's such a good point! I didn't give much thought to how many older leaks must be out there, I thought we kinda had most of them. Clearly that's not the case! Earlier, I was thinking about how about how we've become so consumed with leaks that we forget that it's all of Charli's hard work/emotions that's been stolen. Die 4 comes to mind when I think of unjustified leaks because it's such a personal song, but there are also a good number of really good Charli bops that shouldn't have been leaked.

Listening to these leaks for the first time was an amazing experience; it was so exciting, and opening them was like unwrapping a long awaited present, but I'm beginning to feel sad for Charli. I feel guilty when listening to the songs that should have had official releases. I know that just because they're leaked doesn't mean they won't ever get released, but it's a terrible feeling to know that some of them won't have a place in her official discography because of the leaks. 

Now I want all future leaks to be of songs that have no chance of an official release!

RT, y’all bandwagon fans apparently only care about the new stuff but there are so many old songs that are probably amazing... the rest of the MNEK / Tikovoi / Ahlund / MachoPsycho / Squire / etc. songs are probably just as good & she’s worked with HUNDREDS of producers. I’d so much prefer 2012-2015 demos leak than new stuff.

Remember when (I think?) Reflecting leaked & she said it wasn’t for Selena Gomez, but was like KINDA chill with it? Lol. That’s so much a better place to be in than the new leaks.

When did Charli talk about Reflecting? Are you thinking of the time an interviewer asked her about the rumour going around claiming Charli wrote a song for Selena’s next album called “Bad Boyfriend”, and she said the rumour wasn’t true?

When did Charli talk about Reflecting? Are you thinking of the time an interviewer asked her about the rumour going around claiming Charli wrote a song for Selena’s next album called “Bad Boyfriend”, and she said the rumour wasn’t true?

I think when Reflecting leaked an article was written about it and Charli quoted a tweet about the article on twitter

H0bDaqU.gif

When was Reflecting recorded? It sounds like a Sucker outtake but I actually really like it :flutter:

I think 2014/15? Whenever she was writing for Glen Stefani, because it has the same writers (I’m pretty sure) as Hell Yeah Baby & Hard 2 Love. Pretty sure....maybe someone else can back me up?

I think 2014/15? Whenever she was writing for Glen Stefani, because it has the same writers (I’m pretty sure) as Hell Yeah Baby & Hard 2 Love. Pretty sure....maybe someone else can back me up?

I thought it was a Selena demo?

8V7Yvel.png

When did Charli talk about Reflecting? 

I think when Reflecting leaked an article was written about it and Charli quoted a tweet about the article on twitter

Yep!

I thought it was a Selena demo?

No, it's so frustrating that people think that...Charli literally confirmed here that it wasn't pitched to anyone.

https://twitter.com/charli_xcx/status/834864273092382720

Thanks for linking that Tweet of Charli’s, I never saw that! Wherever people got the song, they claimed it had to do with a Selena writing camp.

But Reflecting was written only with Steve Mac, along with a song called ‘No Romeo’; they’re on ASCAP. Hell Yeah Baby/Hard To Love is from that crew of Benny Blanco and Ryn Weaver and whatnot.