Fluorine

Charli XCX

she's always been a different breed of pop star though that's what people are forgetting, boom clap was the start of her becoming a mainstream pop star with no alt elements but Charli would always need an outlet for her less mainstream endeavours and there's where the mixtape idea fits in.

Fair enough,  Nuclear Seasons certainly helps proving your point.

Vroom Vroom is incredible - don’t get me wrong. But why do you guys consider it her best work when it’s just a 4 track EP? Like compared to full albums? I dunno, I just can’t really compare them in that sense. Vroom Vroom the SONG is definitely one of her best released songs, but the whole EP well idk about that! :hooker:

I don't feel length should be a factor in determining a project's quality, and if anything, Vroom Vroom's brevity just makes it a more enjoyable listening experience in my opinion.

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't feel it could've gone on longer every time I listen to it (TKO would've made a great addition), but on the flip side, Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 had quite a few tracks I simply didn't care for and I honestly can't bring myself to listen to them as full projects anymore because of that.

And really, short EPs that are much better received than full albums really isn't that common if you follow the indie scene a bit, I'll name drop Pavement's Watery Domestic and My Bloody Valentine's You Made Me Realise as great examples, if you've ever heard of them.

I think her best body of work is a tie for me. It’s probably Pop2 & XCX3! They’re both so amazing!!! I feel they both combine Charli’s best sound while sounding current & their lyrics are really good! Especially XCX3! They’re up to par with TR lyricism. A shame it leaked & got scrapped

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

very unpopular opinion (it seems) but aside from like 3-4 extremely solid tracks I don't think number 1 angel is as good as y'all make it seem  :toofunny:

Which one of these tracks is not solid??? 

Dreamer

3 AM

Blame it on You

Roll with Me 

Emotional 

ily2

White Roses

Baby Girl

Drugs

Lipgloss

her best work for me is still True Godmance  :legend: idc if I'm stuck in 2013 this album never gets old.. Take My Hand, Grins, Set Me Free wow..a963b8a1f1875995699c0954a910ebd5.gif

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7