Fluorine

Charli XCX

Taxi is great not because it’s meant to be taken seriously, but because of the opposite... it’s got the trademark Charli “sass” that I’m kinda missing from “Charli” right now tbh (not to discredit it at all)... and it’s just super catchy and gets stuck in your head. The hook is top-tier.

Also the feeling that the demo version that leaked doesn’t capture... the build up to the end where it changes “...taxi for them, taxi for him, taxi for her... DON’T TALK, GET IN!” It’s SUPER effective songwriting... It’s already a huge bop, but by the end, she just put the icing on the cake... the cherry on top...

And then it just ends... and you’re like, “uhhh WOW, I think she snapped.” :rip: :toofunny:

Those snares(?)/claps right before the first chorus hits and snatch our pubic hairs in the final version.. uuugh this is not something they made.. this is some professional shit like this shit is in different areas what the fuck!.

And people say here that the demo is enough... no sis it will never be enough (still grateful we have tho)

Taxi is great not because it’s meant to be taken seriously, but because of the opposite... it’s got the trademark Charli “sass” that I’m kinda missing from “Charli” right now tbh (not to discredit it at all)... and it’s just super catchy and gets stuck in your head. The hook is top-tier.

Also the feeling that the demo version that leaked doesn’t capture... the build up to the end where it changes “...taxi for them, taxi for him, taxi for her... DON’T TALK, GET IN!” It’s SUPER effective songwriting... It’s already a huge bop, but by the end, she just put the icing on the cake... the cherry on top...

And then it just ends... and you’re like, “uhhh WOW, I think she snapped.” :rip: :toofunny:

That’s kind of what I was missing from Charli too, her colourful/bratty pop vocals. I’m glad she got a chance to purge the emotions and feelings she had with this album and the album does have some bops but I feel like with taxi/earlier songs she just wanted to write a fun pop song without the need of it being taken seriously, it’s just fun and it knows that and she’s unapologetic in that with how she delivers the vocals. But then again the songs are like 3/4 years old so it doesn’t surprise me if she wants to move completely move on past that sound now/grown past it )’ :

I wonder what Charli means by “doing something drastic” for her next release...

would love for her to go in a more industrial direction - keeping the harder elements of the pc sound and mixing more techno-y elements i guess - hope the label gives her even more freedom for the next project as she really proved her self with Charli  :hooker: 

I think her next record will be more emotional. She said she was surprised that the fans loved official & that more raw side! If anything, I could see more songs like tears, lucky, white Mercedes, official, I don’t wanna know, & silver cross on the next record. I feel like the drastic change will be the sound. It’ll probably be more of an emo record with pc influence. She has said countless times she feels at home with the pc genre. So y’all can expect AG. If anything I feel like If she does go a more emotional route the collabs would be different. I could see people like Allie X, Rina, Rosalia, Grimes, Caroline, & Hannah all coming for this sound. With probably a few more people on there! I feel like her sound will be more bold, emotional, & out there. Yet, when it bops it’ll be a blast.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I hope this means NO COLLABS!!

Like it would be pretty drastic to release an album with no collabs after N1A, Pop2, & Charli which were all full of other artist features.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the majority of all her collabs released in the last few years - but just IMAGINE how legendary a new Charli XCX solo album would be in 2020.. the future is bright. :flutter:

I'm so scared for this because I just KNOW her solo songs are gonna make me an emotional wreck like fucking I don't wanna Know? Official? Thoughts? White Mercedes?! 

Her releasing a solo album with sad bops is gonna be a welcomed homophobic threat of terrorism.

giphy.gif

i made a charli b-sides album and put wm (demo), bioyl (demo), 1999 (demo) + the 2018 snippets (mona lisa, 1000 times, better wyg...) i guess we can call them charli outtakes once they were recorded around the same time as white mercedes, 1999 and official. i didn't include 100 bc it doesnt fit with those songs

bIZyMFi.gif

the edit we all didn't know we needed -- thank you!!

it sounds like it fades-in though... can you fix that?

i can't believe I didn't notice that. Weird (i think) it only happened after importing into iTunes to add metadata.

Editing has about made me sick of the song. I can't tell what makes it sound improved/worse anymore. & now every time I listen all I can hear is all the weird artifacts I can't get rid of.

LMK if its better now. I think I fixed it though: https://dbree.org/v/15da7d

JSYK I also brought down the bass some, was using beats which made it sound fine then I about died when I switched to apple earbuds.

Mixtape concept:

I tried to do a mixtape with the remixes of 2017-now songs and recent leaked tracks. Named it Heav3n because it's the only title I tought of that could have a 3 in its title.

bwL74oy.png

Hey would you mind uploading this? I’d like to have some of those remixes