Fluorine

Charli XCX

I think my ranking of Charli Albums are
1: Crash
2: Number 1 Angel/Pop 2 (They're tied I can't put one above the other)
3: XCX World
4: HIFN

5: Heartbreaks & Earthquakes (Just because her version of Spoons is that good)
6: Charli

I gotta be honest, I haven't really listened to True Romance or Sucker in one full listen so i can't rank them, and Self Titled being at the bottom isn't because i think Self Titled is really good overall 

1 minute ago, Raupeka said:

True Romance or Sucker in one full listen so i can't rank them

listen to true romance NOW right now

sucker is definitely a bit more of an acquired taste - if you like crash & n1a you'll probably enjoy it though

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

listen to true romance NOW right now

sucker is definitely a bit more of an acquired taste - if you like crash & n1a you'll probably enjoy it though

Monarch, should i listen to the deluxe or regular version of True Romance?

1 minute ago, Raupeka said:

Monarch, should i listen to the deluxe or regular version of True Romance?

regular - the deluxe just has a bunch of tacked on remixes (they're good but not important)

also i'd seek out heartbreaks & earthquakes and super ultra as well but those are optional (they're like the n1a & pop 2 of TR era, but they're download only)

24 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

As much as i love her albums i can't help but feel like her music is watered down for them. Her unreleased is where her best music truly is.

exactly, like n1a is her best project but if we’re including unreleased too then it’s 100% xcx world

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

regular - the deluxe just has a bunch of tacked on remixes (they're good but not important)

also i'd seek out heartbreaks & earthquakes and super ultra as well but those are optional (they're like the n1a & pop 2 of TR era, but they're download only)

I've already listened to Heartbreak & Earthquakes, It's on Charli's YouTube Channel, So should i start with Heartbreaks & Earthquakes, then do Super Ultra and Finish with True Romance? Oh and Sucker

Just now, Raupeka said:

I've already listened to Heartbreak & Earthquakes, It's on Charli's YouTube Channel, So should i start with Heartbreaks & Earthquakes, then do Super Ultra and Finish with True Romance? Oh and Sucker

start with true romance, then sucker & then go back to super ultra - SU is definitely the least accessible out of all of them & also heartbreaks and earthquakes is half TR tracks anyway so you're not really missing that much

Just now, the ocean said:

start with true romance, then sucker & then go back to super ultra - SU is definitely the least accessible out of all of them & also heartbreaks and earthquakes is half TR tracks anyway so you're not really missing that much

I'm gonna go get some food because it's lunch time, and then i'll go all the way through True Romance/Sucker then the original Mixtapes

true romance (and kinda sucker too) feel like those "you just had to be there" moments tbh. i love both of them but a lot of that is because of the memories i have associated with the time periods the albums came out.

both still hold up thooooo

Just now, dance4u said:

true romance (and kinda sucker too) feel like those "you just had to be there" moments tbh. i love both of them but a lot of that is because of the memories i have associated with the time periods the albums came out.

both still hold up thooooo

sucker is what made me a charli fan :bebe: so i associate true romance very strongly with 2015 but i agree that you had to be a pre-PC music/sophie charli fan to really understand why they're so great

ok listening to true romance for the first time, and considering this is her first proper album her songwriting was still really good

OK, I just listened to True Romance fully for the first time, it is cute and it is camp, charli really kills these tracks and this style of 80s synthpop, Its also so cool to see how Charli came full circle from True Romance to Crash