Sitar

Lana Performs Unreleased Songs at the Endless Summer Tour

I've had a thought bugging me the whole day about Lana singing unreleased songs. Wouldn't you say she in a way encourage people to listen to these songs by performing them throughout the tour? Now a lot of the people who've never heard these songs before are gonna look them up on the internet. These are songs that's been stolen from her and illegally put on the internet for download. Shouldn't she be eager to release these songs officially now, so that she at least could earn a buck or two on them? Give me them gold coins, gimme them coins.

Don't get me wrong - I'm super happy she decided to perform these unreleased songs, cause I love them! This is just reflection of mine. What do you guys think?

I've had a thought bugging me the whole day about Lana singing unreleased songs. Wouldn't you say she in a way encourage people to listen to these songs by performing them throughout the tour? Now a lot of the people who've never heard these songs before are gonna look them up on the internet. These are songs that's been stolen from her and illegally put on the internet for download. Shouldn't she be eager to release these songs officially now, so that she at least could earn a buck or two on them? Give me them gold coins, gimme them coins.

Don't get me wrong - I'm super happy she decided to perform these unreleased songs, cause I love them! This is just reflection of mine. What do you guys think?

i really don't think she's as money-hungry as some of her lyrics suggest. i think she's at a point in her career now where publicity and media attention just makes her sad so she decided to perform a few unreleased songs just for the fans. you can tell she's the happiest she's been in a long time on stage in the videos of serial killer and us against the world.

RVhKIwP.gif

I've had a thought bugging me the whole day about Lana singing unreleased songs. Wouldn't you say she in a way encourage people to listen to these songs by performing them throughout the tour? Now a lot of the people who've never heard these songs before are gonna look them up on the internet. These are songs that's been stolen from her and illegally put on the internet for download. Shouldn't she be eager to release these songs officially now, so that she at least could earn a buck or two on them? Give me them gold coins, gimme them coins.

Lana writes for the music not the charts #UWontUseHerMind

Lana writes for the music not the charts #UWontUseHerMind

My point was more why indirectly encourage to get songs through file sharing cause they cannot be found the legal way than why don't she release more music to make more money, but maybe I was unclear. Of course royalties would be a plus, but if I were in her shoes I would want people to be able to purchase the songs I'm performing rather than downloading them illegally.

honestly I don't think she really cares about unreleased songs leaking anymore...BB was obviously a big deal because it was for the new album, but when tracks like Born Bad Baby or In The Sun leak, idrt she's that fussed anymore

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

OMG!!!!!!  :cumming2:  Guys I just found the best quality videos I have ever seen for a Lana show! Lana looks GORGEOUS and the sound is AMAZING you hear all the notes. The whole show is almost there  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:​ 

https://www.youtube.com/user/2127JoJo1

What is his camera? I need to buy this, it's professional quality! 

HOLY SHIT THAT FUCKING NOTE IN VIDEO GAMES.

"This is all I think o~f~" :defeated:

I NEED A VERSION WITH THAT IN IT.

My point was more why indirectly encourage to get songs through file sharing cause they cannot be found the legal way than why don't she release more music to make more money, but maybe I was unclear. Of course royalties would be a plus, but if I were in her shoes I would want people to be able to purchase the songs I'm performing rather than downloading them illegally.

It was a joke quoting a Lady Gaga tweet

iwriteforthemusic.jpg

:)

OMG!!!!!!  :cumming2:  Guys I just found the best quality videos I have ever seen for a Lana show! Lana looks GORGEOUS and the sound is AMAZING you hear all the notes. The whole show is almost there  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:​ 

https://www.youtube.com/user/2127JoJo1

What is his camera? I need to buy this, it's professional quality! 

OMG, thank you! This is totally great!

Now I have to rip the audios all over again, but it will be so worth it  :teehee:

He/She just blessed us with high quality videos of "Do right" and OFF TO THE RACES!  :party: It seems like Lana's thinking about something just before she tells the band to stop playing?  :bliss:

https://youtu.be/gAvzBTCYnRw

Did Lana ever mention why she doesn't do Encores? I think we should start a twitter/facebook campaign #FloridaKilosEncore  :holla:

Did Lana ever mention why she doesn't do Encores? I think we should start a twitter/facebook campaign #FloridaKilosEncore  :holla:

0:15 "I fucking hate encores"

and the negativity contines

One would think on a board proporting to be with Lana fans (maybe that is the biggest misconception I have here, we also never know if a newbee is not just another one of those who jump on any single mention and attempt to be the first with a negative remark

One would think if one doesn't like an artist, they should go to somewhere where the is  an artist they like.

One day there will be boxed sets (hopefully as great as the Bear Family ones used to be) with every single song and every single variation of every single song (including every single live version there is) (would probably take 10 boxed sets, prefably vinyl btw as she sounds best

on vinyl the ultra-best would be with 1960s era WABC type re-verb too. 

Encores are a waste of time by the way. They are always planned by artists and are mainly used so an artist can feed their ego hearing applause, or take a bathroom break, or a boring costume break (I pay to hear a singer sing, though Elton in the 1970s had some outrageous costumes that even he got bored of by the time he released "reg strikes back" and auctions offed most of his wardrobe.

1960s style concerts, with audience sing-a-long like Harry Chapin and Pete Seeger did, where an artists stands basically still (or sits) and sings to the fans from the heart.

I can't imagine Pete Seeger making 20 costume changes.

By the way, when an artist says they will be singing all night long, they are lying. They have a contractual time they are singing, with little variation in length, and union rules mean shut-down times so the big corporations that own the areans/theatres  don't have to pay the arena/concert hall people one penny more

Now to find more videos on youtube to enjoy and maybe write POSITIVE comments on all of them.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She once said in an interview that she didn't like being drowned out by fans, as it made her feel like her songs didn't belong to her anymore, right? Maybe that's why she sang unreleased- cus she knew these hoes had no idea what she was singing and couldn't ruin it for her!!!

Yeah I don't think Lana gives a shit about her songs leaking if they're old/not being released. I'm so here for a remastered Serial Killer tho  :excited: but I won't get my hopes up.

TjmiIK4.png