Come on guys, it's not like everything Lana has written is poetry gold. We cannot criticize, just give constructive opinions because Lana has gone through similar things at least with critics. We may not like her as an artist but at least I'll admit her music is gr8 and she has BOPS. :kris: Even if she's manufactured af so is Katy Perry and we all bopped to Dark Horse at least one time. :oprah:

"You were red and you liked me 'cause I was blue

You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky

And you decided purple just wasn't for you"

Her writing is Grade A! :troll:

but you cant unmix colors once mixed :whoopi:

--In terms of Hasley sampling, there is something off about it, it feels forced, like the Biggie line in the bridge.  Artists sample for homage and/or to show off their own style on existing music, I get this girl's intentions but she is trying so hard that it shows off as blatant copying

omg tho guys

did you realise

that both albums start with a B :O

BADLANDS and Born to Die

Halsey is such a thiefing bitch 

National Anthem

New       Americana

Science has gon 2 far  :biblio:

Oh my god, what the fuck is going on??

If you people don't like her and her music why are you on this thread? I really don't understand it.

I like her and her music and I don't get all the unnecessary hate on a thread dedicated to her

FzytWEW.png

"should a dyke and a gay guy try ta flirt?"

i can choose bad lyrics too

Thats an actually funny line.

Hasley is just name dropping things that sound ~kewl~

literally 2%, being generous, of her target audience was "raised" on biggie and Nirvana 

6oOJ3n4.jpg?1

I'm not even choosing sides but the fact that you keep saying Halsey has bad lyrics yet you're using the same line from one song as an example.

I keep saying she has bad lyrics? i said her lyrics are "mm" and i only said it once.

comeintomybedroom, on 19 Jul 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

like when somebody tried saying the word 'sirens' in Solitaire by Marina was inspired by Lana :facepalm:

Yeah that was me, and you can't deny the fact that two albums that were released pretty close from eachother contain the phrase 'I can hear the sirens' is curious to say the least. Although later on I learnt Froot was almost finished when UV was released so meh

naachoboy, on 19 Jul 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

and tbh her writing is mm , "we are the new americana, raised on biggie and nirvana" :s "We are the new Americana / High on legal marijuana" cringe

We're children of the bad revolution

And partying is our only solution

:teehee:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

As long as she's not copying somebody's work forbetum and is adapting it in some way, I couldn't care less, her voice is very unique, beautiful, and soothing :flutter:

But she copied NA chorus, she didnt sample it lol because is not only the ins, is the way of singing it too but anyway if people like her is fine lol 

Yeah that was me, and you can't deny the fact that two albums that were released pretty close from eachother contain the phrase 'I can hear the sirens' is curious to say the least. Although later on I learnt Froot was almost finished when UV was released so meh

We're children of the bad revolution

And partying is our only solution

:teehee:

At least try that with a released song lol those unreleased arent meant to be heard.

At least try that with a released song lol those unreleased arent meant to be heard.

I'm kidding I don't really have an opinion on this whole matter tbh

I just thought it was a funny coincidence haha

ZmJh1LG.jpg

"You were red and you liked me 'cause I was blue[/size]

You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky[/size]And you decided purple just wasn't for you"[/size]

Her writing is Grade A! :troll:

LMAOOO I saw this in a tumblr post of reasons why she's such an amazing artist and I was like... Those lyrics are pathetic.

And they listed her being bisexual as a reason to like her, how fucking ridiculous, you should like somebody based on their sexuality? Tumblr tries way too hard to put people that aren't straight on a pedestal it's SO strange.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I've yet to see one thing from her that doesn't look like a carbon copy of the typical tumblr aesthetic. Lana pulls and repackages a lot of garbage but she manages to still make it unique and new, halsey on the other hand :toofunny:

VyIsfwC.jpg

I've yet to see one thing from her that doesn't look like a carbon copy of the typical tumblr aesthetic. Lana pulls and repackages a lot of garbage but she manages to still make it unique and new, halsey on the other hand :toofunny:

Lana doesnt repackages tumblr aestethics tho, she just re use shit from other eras, and pull them off really well.