Castle is a great intro and I like the bitter undertone.

Hold Me Down isn't really a song I ever liked and I still think it's one of her weaker ones.

New Americana is a cool song, a little bit overproduced at some parts but still a standout.

Drive is .. ok. It has some nice moments like her vocals and the guitar but it's a bit ... messy aswell.

Hurricane keeps it's place as an awesome song (I think her Room 93 EP was a very strong one)

Roman Holiday is a sweet song, maybe single material but I don't like it too much as a stand-alone-song.

Ghost is still my favourite Halsey song.

I don't actually know how to feel about Colors ... Still have to figure out if I like it or if I just think of it as "ok". Part 2 is a very nice interlude, it's actually a shame she didn't do a full song with this vibe.

I don't like her vocal style in Strange Love, at least not during the verses. The chorus of the song is pretty nice though.

Coming Down is a pretty good song, I like the calm yet somehow "simmering" instrumental and her vocals.

Haunting is .. well, a "solid" Halsey song. It's nice and maybe it will grow on me more with time.

Gasoline is a fun song, not too spectacular but definitly good and i don't get why it's not on the standard version.

Control is my favourite new song.

I feel about Young God in a similar way like I feel about Haunting. It's a "typical" Halsey song, nice but not too overwhelming.

I Walk The Line is a great album outro and I actually wish it would be longer. I love her "exhausted" vocals and the drums during the chorus.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

So should I preorder the Target exclusive? Do you all think it's worth it? I haven't listened to the album yet.

There's a price cut right now, it's basically the deluxe edition, and the album (to me) is spectacular so I recommend it! But if you want to hear it first before you buy, there's a DL link I posted a few pages back

I actually like Castle, Hold Me Down sounds like a Lorde reject

That's disrespectful lmao

I only really like Castle, Gasoline, New Americana, Hurricane, Hold Me Down and Ghost. The rest I really wanted to like but I'm on like my 3rd listen and I'm just not feeling them :(

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

Its available in the US store, I don't know if you're willing to pay the extra for shipping or if it will let you

Thanks but they only ship in the US :( And I'm not 100% sure if they really still have it, because myplaydirect often has wrong stock information :(

warriorsig4zsat.png

Hopefully her next album's concept is stronger, I don't think it's possible to understand Badlands' concept without watching the trailer or some interviews. It's in her mind but not really on the album itself.

I'm going to be completely honest, I really didn't like this album at all. I'm not some Halsey-hater or anything, but I gave the album a good, solid chance and it just felt very faux-deep. The one song that stuck out to me that I love is Hurricane. I had already liked that song before and I was hoping for more songs along that speed. Maybe the album will grow on me, but I just had trouble understanding the concept. I might try it again, but that's what I'm feelin from this album.

Hopefully her next album's concept is stronger, I don't think it's possible to understand Badlands' concept without watching the trailer or some interviews. It's in her mind but not really on the album itself.

I'm listening her album now and I can't really get where the "concept album" comes from. Do you remember in which interview she explains it?

I'm listening her album now and I can't really get where the "concept album" comes from. Do you remember in which interview she explains it?

basically the "badlands" are the dark parts of halsey's mind. It kinda makes more sense when you watch the badlands trailer

smile.gif