Eulonzo

Britney Spears

So good that you've only listened to it twice? Lol

No, I didn't like it the first time I've heard it. But I've been her fan since I was 6 (literally), and somehow I always come back to her and her music. I stopped listening to her when I found out she's working with will.i.am. or whatever because I really dislike him, and now I decided to give it another shot, and I really like the album. So, yeah, that's why I've listened to it only twice  :hooker:

~~~~

Why are y'all hating Britney Jean?? It's not really THAT bad album 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

No, I didn't like it the first time I've heard it. But I've been her fan since I was 6 (literally), and somehow I always come back to her and her music. I stopped listening to her when I found out she's working with will.i.am. or whatever because I really dislike him, and now I decided to give it another shot, and I really like the album. So, yeah, that's why I've listened to it only twice  :hooker:

~~~~

Why are y'all hating Britney Jean?? It's not really THAT bad album 

Britney Jean is one of the WORST albums to ever exist. The lyrics are crap, the whole personal stuff is a bunch of shit, she's not singing on most of the songs, the production is cheap and dated, and there is a glitch on the first track. 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Britney Jean is one of the WORST albums to ever exist. The lyrics are crap, the whole personal stuff is a bunch of shit, she's not singing on most of the songs, the production is cheap and dated, and there is a glitch on the first track. 

PREACH.

You hate will.i.am but you're defending Brenda Joan???

He actually didn't do that much work on Brenda Joanne, the problem is that he left the work to all of his colleagues who inevitably completely fucked up the album. It was Anthony Preston, for example, who decided to use Myah's vocals instead of trying to get Britney to record them.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I wasn't actually paying any attention to the lyrics (don't hate me, I'll do it), also I didn't know anything about her not singing or that glitch 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I wasn't actually paying any attention to the lyrics (don't hate me, I'll do it), also I didn't know anything about her not singing or that glitch

Some of the lyrics are sorta personal, but the idea that Britney had a hand in writing them is a complete lie. Passenger was written by Katy Perry and given to Britney completed. Perfume is a Sia-penned song, though there does appear to be some elements of Britney's writing in the chorus. Now That I Found You was rush-written by the lead singer of The Script after will.i.am rang to ask for a song because they needed more tracks for Britney Jean. Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight, and Alien are the only ones we DEFINITELY know she wrote/hand a hand in writing.

Many of the songs have Myah Marie singing on them instead of Britney. It's most noticeable on Passenger, which is almost entirely Myah and not Britneu. The note during the end of the bridge is something Britney couldn't do even in her prime. All the songs feature Myah, except for Alien, Perfume, and Don't Cry (I believe).

And the glitch is on Alien, during the second chorus. Listen to "and the light in your eyes" and you'll hear it skip.

Britney Jean was easily the biggest misstep of her career. All the elements were there for a good album, but they dropped the ball when they decided to a cheaply-made album to promote Vegas. An album with Perfume, Don't Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Til It's Gone, Hold On Tight, and Alien would have been nice if she had actually sung them all. But they totally screwed everything up and made it the worst of her career. It saddens me that a legend like Britney could release something as abysmal as this. However, Glory has proven how brilliant she truly is as an artist when she gets full reigns over her projects.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Some of the lyrics are sorta personal, but the idea that Britney had a hand in writing them is a complete lie. Passenger was written by Katy Perry and given to Britney completed. Perfume is a Sia-penned song, though there does appear to be some elements of Britney's writing in the chorus. Now That I Found You was rush-written by the lead singer of The Script after will.i.am rang to ask for a song because they needed more tracks for Britney Jean. Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight, and Alien are the only ones we DEFINITELY know she wrote/hand a hand in writing.

Many of the songs have Myah Marie singing on them instead of Britney. It's most noticeable on Passenger, which is almost entirely Myah and not Britneu. The note during the end of the bridge is something Britney couldn't do even in her prime. All the songs feature Myah, except for Alien, Perfume, and Don't Cry (I believe).

And the glitch is on Alien, during the second chorus. Listen to "and the light in your eyes" and you'll hear it skip.

Britney Jean was easily the biggest misstep of her career. All the elements were there for a good album, but they dropped the ball when they decided to a cheaply-made album to promote Vegas. An album with Perfume, Don't Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Til It's Gone, Hold On Tight, and Alien would have been nice if she had actually sung them all. But they totally screwed everything up and made it the worst of her career. It saddens me that a legend like Britney could release something as abysmal as this. However, Glory has proven how brilliant she truly is as an artist when she gets full reigns over her projects.

It's funny that you mentioned the glitch in "Alien" because I'd never noticed it before (specially because all the times I wanted to listen to the song, I'd just listen to the demo which is a lot better).

There's also the part when she sings "the stars in the sky look like home" and the way they edited "home" sounds TOTALLY off. I don't know if it could be called a glitch properly but for sure it's something that's been cheaply done.

This album is just sad. :facepalm:

I'm currently listening to some Femme Fatale tracks after a while and oh gosh I just love the album so much  :flutter: ok a lot of people bash it because of the autotune and such but it's been one of my most played records since 2011 so i don't care  :bop:

I'm not a fan but I feel sorry for how she was manipulated by her company into making music she didn't want to make don't know if it's the same now

Glory, she had more control of tbh. Still feel bad for her

I'm currently listening to some Femme Fatale tracks after a while and oh gosh I just love the album so much  :flutter: ok a lot of people bash it because of the autotune and such but it's been one of my most played records since 2011 so i don't care  :bop:

Omg same here haha! How I Roll remains a fucking BOP

FzytWEW.png

I'm not a fan but I feel sorry for how she was manipulated by her company into making music she didn't want to make don't know if it's the same now

This is a complete lie, she's never been "manipulated into making music she didn't want to make".

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Spears wanted the album to represent her Louisiana roots, explaining that she grew up listening to blues. "When I was little, I would listen to myself [...] But the record label signs you, and you're just thankful to get a hit song. You can't really show off your voice and where you came from. I would like to try to have more influences of that sound. Not that I'm going to be like frickin' Tina Turner. But you never know", she stated @@HEARTCORE