Eulonzo

Britney Spears

12 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

side a is revolutionary, side b isn't :smokeney:
it's still good though

i disagree

Toy Soldier, Perfect Lover & Why Should I Be Sad definitely ATE and left no crumbs :oprah3:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

like a vinyl?

side a: gimme more, piece of me, radar, break the ice, heaven on earth, get naked
side b: freakshow, toy soldier, hot as ice, ooh ooh baby, perfect lover, why should i be sad

Hot as Ice & Ooh Ooh Baby are legendary :ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, The Ocean said:

these are the worst songs on the album :bebe:
worst does not mean bad though let's just remember that britney did THAT if those songs are the worst

I think you meant to type Freakshow & Get Naked being the worst on the album? I forgive your error :ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

18 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

like a vinyl?

side a: gimme more, piece of me, radar, break the ice, heaven on earth, get naked
side b: freakshow, toy soldier, hot as ice, ooh ooh baby, perfect lover, why should i be sad

the way I love side b more than a :clapback:

2 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

i know we're debating about miss blackout (the second best britney album) but we need to talk about miss in the zone (the best britney album)

early mornin

200.gif

i was debating with my husband which is her magnum opus: imo in the zone slaps but he thinks “britney” is her best and indeed delivered bops but mrs in the zone is something else

1 minute ago, The Ocean said:

i know we're debating about miss blackout (the second best britney album) but we need to talk about miss in the zone (the best britney album)

early mornin

200.gif

See I’ve always said ITZ is better than Blackout, I mean breathe on me :crying5:

IMG-3521.jpg

4 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

See I’ve always said ITZ is better than Blackout, I mean breathe on me :crying5:

breathe on me, early mornin, touch OF MY hand, shadow, everytime

the best ballad/midtempo pentalogy? maybe so

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

well, here's my unpopular opinion... i really like "brave new girl" :true: it's a bop :true: 

i always knew you had taste :ma:

6 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

i was debating with my husband which is her magnum opus: imo in the zone slaps but he thinks “britney” is her best and indeed delivered bops but mrs in the zone is something else

correct BUT bombastic love and anticipating made some points

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I need help being convinced... I do not see Blackout as this glorious magnum opus people pen it to be. It feels to be a generic pop album of its time with some great sounding/iconic singles but thats about it. is it the production that felt innovative for 2007? The lyricisms? 

50 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

I need help being convinced... I do not see Blackout as this glorious magnum opus people pen it to be. It feels to be a generic pop album of its time with some great sounding/iconic singles but thats about it. is it the production that felt innovative for 2007? The lyricisms? 

maybe it's just your personal taste, but i think the songs from this album, such as get naked, perfect lover, get back, everybody, toy soldier, etc. sound like the opposite of generic, the production is fantastic & the vibe/atmosphere of the songs are amazing as well, i really think they're quality pop songs, i actually think they're works of art in their own way which i don't always feel about pop music, but some of britney's work from blackout/in the zone is beyond the usual expectation that pop music is inherently generic/less artistically valuable than other genres of music, if you think gimme more sounds great, maybe try to listen to the album again, because a lot of the songs on this album share that sound, specifically get naked, perfect lover, get back, & everybody

i would say their sound is innovative & timeless, even for today, i actually think they feel even more exceeding & innovative now because pop/mainstream music seems so boring & commercialized now, i think pop music in the 2000s was just better in general

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 hours ago, TRENCH said:

Spoiler

i actually kind of agree with you but i got pretty much cancelled for saying that a couple pages back :bebe:

however gimme more, piece of me, heaven on earth & why should i be sad are pretty ahead of 2007 time (sounds more like 2011-2013 ish so it sounds fairly dated now but at the time was pretty revolutionary i would say)

14 hours ago, TRENCH said:

if it sounds generic, its because it was the first album doing those kinds of sounds. blackout paved the way for so many music styles we see even today. "freakshow" was the first time a BPG had dabbled in dubstep, for example. you also have to consider the time in which it was made - during absolute hell in britney's life. she managed to create an album that was so freeing and top-tie at a time when her life was anything but.

pitchfork (yuk) gave a great write-up of the album at the time that essentially summarises what makes it so good:

https://pitchfork.com/features/poptimist/6734-poptimist-10/

there are lots of other great contemporary reviews that detail why the album is so iconic and a piece of pop history:

https://www.medusone.com/blog/flop-masterpiece-blackout

https://www.vice.com/en/article/a37vz5/britney-spears-blackout-ten-year-anniversary

idk if you dont get why it so amazing i think you have no understanding of pop music 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

4 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

pitchfork (yuk) gave a great write-up of the album at the time that essentially summarises what makes it so good:

https://pitchfork.com/features/poptimist/6734-poptimist-10/

i'm going to relisten to blackout with this article in mind - it was a very interesting read!

Spoiler

also i really only had specifically qualms with side 2 but that seems to be the more acclaimed half of the album anyways? the above still applies