Sign in to follow this  
NickDelRey

Worst and Best song from Ultraviolence

best west coast

worst guns & roses

that was easy

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Surprised to see how many people dislike Guns and Roses. I think it has a beautiful atmosphere and vocal effects, its only flaws are its repetitiveness and the awkward Game Boy line

the game boy line makes the song! along with the bridge which is fantastic

If only the chorus wasn't shit 

giphy.gif

Best: Old Money and Ultraviolence

Worst: Guns and Roses

Surprised to see how many people dislike Guns and Roses. I think it has a beautiful atmosphere and vocal effects, its only flaws are its repetitiveness and the awkward Game Boy line

I don't dislike it, I just don't think it is quite the quality of the other tracks. The melody is uninteresting and the lyrics are cringeworthy and repetitive. (this is just my opinion pls don't kill me)

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Best: Guns and Roses -  :creep:  :creep:  :creep:  :creep:  fuck y'all haters

Worst: Black Beauty  - the final version just doesn't compare

Surprised to see how many people dislike Guns and Roses. I think it has a beautiful atmosphere and vocal effects, its only flaws are its repetitiveness and the awkward Game Boy line

I think it's such an interesting song... it's seems pretty lo-fi to me, and i know most of lana's fans are interested in her up-beat melodic pop anthems like Born to Die

I find it interesting that initially I liked Old Money the most because it offered familiarity in terms of instrumental/style but as I have grown to adore the other songs, it doesn't seem to fit anymore and I find it sort of boring to listen to now. :/

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Old Money, Pretty when I cry, the Other woman, Sad Girl Ultraviolence, Money Power, I 'd my way to, Cruel World

and the extras are all good, especially Is this happiness.(which is not on any album itself is it?)

there are no bad songs.

This is the greatest album in full since Elton's Captain Fantastic, Goodbye yellowbrick road . and Sgt. Pepper's before it

Ultraviolence was meant to be listen whole start to finish and back again and again and again. It's a concept album.

Other albums have 2 or 3 cuts, but one never listens to the rest. (Springsteen comes to mind, on each of his albums there is stuff I don't care if I ever hear again)

There is not one song I would not want to hear (and I thought nothing would beat Paradise after I thought nothing would beat Born to Die)...

and the thing about both Paradise and Ultraviolence is- the best place to hear it is speeding down the road at night on the highway, with it really loud.

But to pick one- Shades of Cool

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp