• Steven Mertens
    • Jack Antonoff
    • The Rural
    • The Flight
    • The Nexus

Who's your favorite Lana producer? and which one is the worst? :creep:

Emile Haynie

Lana-Del-Rey-Emile-Haynie-608x424.jpg

:legend: Off to the Races / Born to Die / Blue Jeans :legend: / Diet Mountain Dew / National Anthem / Dark Paradise / Radio / Carmen / Million Dollar Man / Summertime Sadness / This Is What Makes Us Girls / Without You / Lolita / Lucky Ones / Blue Velvet / Yayo (Paradise) / Burning Desire

Justin Parker

image2.jpg

:legend: Velvet Crowbar / On Our Way / National Anthem (Demo) :legend: / Dum Dum / Puppy Love / Last Girl On Earth

David Kahne

500px-Studio1.jpg

:legend: Kill Kill / Mermaid Motel / Yayo :legend: / Queen of the Gas Station / Gramma / For K Pt 2 / Jump / Raise Me Up / Pawn Shop Blues / Brite Lites / Put Me In a Movie / Smarty / Hundred Dollar Bill

Rick Nowels

rick.jpg

:legend: Cola / West Coast (Radio Mix) / I Don't Wanna Go :legend: / Black Beauty (Demo) / TV In Black and White / American / Body Electric / Guns and Roses / Is This Happiness / Young and Beautiful / I Can Fly

Dan Heath

uLaf4gz.jpg?1

:legend: Bel Air / Once Upon a Dream / Old Money :legend: / Yayo (Paradise) / Young and Beautiful / Big Eyes

Dan Auerbach

21Feb2014-Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence-430

:legend: West Coast / Brooklyn Baby / Florida Kilos :legend: / Cruel World / Ultraviolence / Shades of Cool / Sad Girl / Fucked My Way Up to the Top / The Other Woman

Blake Stranathan

Blake.jpg

:legend: Flipside / Pretty When You Cry :legend:

Lana Del Rey

inrockuptibles.png

:legend: Pretty When You Cry / Guns and Roses / Flipside :legend:

Other

Alexis Smith: Kinda Outta Luck / You Can Be the Boss

Pete Ibsen: Serial Killer / Paradise

NOTE: I skipped Rick Rubin, Robopop and others because they've worked in just one song.

--------------------------

My favorites are Dan Auerbach and David Kahne.

Didn't Rick Nowels produce I Can Fly? Or did he only write it with her?

Also, The Nexus produced National Anthem (Demo), Prom Song and Driving in Cars with Boys so I'd say they deserve their own spot too! :P all of them are gr8 productions

Also I *think* In the Sun was produced by Alexis Smith & Joe Henson like YCBTB & KOL :P

Anyway

Cedric Gervais :illuminataylor:

Auerbach and Kahne. They both delivered her best records.

Yes!

1. Ultraviolence
  2. Lana Del Ray
  3. Paradise >/=/< ( :ohno:) Born to Die 

Dan Auerbach, Emile Haynie, Rick Nowels, David Kahne and hate me, Dan Heath. 

Dan A. was a very important part in making UV the great record we have today, he added that dark, soft rock, atmospheric touch to his songs and made them paradise, Emile and Rick have this very clean, polished production that just sends me to heaven, both along with Dan H. created Y&B which is to me, one of the greatest Lana songs ever (hate me). David Kahne made the fresh, fun sound that AKA has and his Yayo version is, to me, so much better than the Emile one (not hating on it), it's just more natural and clean, I feel it more. Dan Heath, the very much unfairly hated producer, who made the very fabulous Tropico score song and who was part of the Holy Trinity behind Y&B, has this magestic strings that add a very nostalgic feeling to his songs. Anyway, I love them and I'd like Lana to keep working with them in future projects.

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I never realized how great Dan Heath is until now. I adore ALL of those songs you listed under his name.

However, I voted for Haynie. Let's face it, they created something uniquely amazing on BTD. And also just listen to the original Blue Velvet and then listen to Lana's version to see how they transformed it. They made it incomparably better. The production of Lucky Ones is specially awesome too. And who doesn't love the intro of Summertime Sadness? And I did not even get started on the loon yet.....Emile is our lord, our savior :pray2: