sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

this is such a reach but what if the concept of the video is Lana getting high by the beach and having hallucinations and lots of weird stuff happens in the video like aliens come and she has to fight them off with this big ass gun or something...

yas

Wy8jf2U.jpg

This is awful and petty of me, but seeing fans who expected Lana to continue releasing slow, sad songs forever get mad and accuse her of trying to get commercial success makes me a tiny bit happy. It's Lana taking over us, throwing us a curve ball. She's reminding us she does what she wants.

I was so right in talking about the BTD demos because feel-wise this fits. But it's not rehashed either, because I can't think of a song in her catalog that sounds like this. The lyrics aren't impressive, but neither were Honeymoon's and at least these have bite to them.

Can every person saying it's about Barrie back that up though? Like why him and not some other ex, or an imaginary ex?

Lana about "The Other Woman" - "I relate to being the person who people come to for “such a change from the old routine,” but not being the main thing. I had a long-term relationship for seven years with someone who was the head of a label and I felt like I was that change of routine. I was always waiting to become the person who his kids came home to, and it never happened." 

Pretty sure this is who the song is about

The Man I Love: "All that's real to me is Marilyn and Jesus" etc.

HBTB: "I can't survive if this is all that's real"

also I noticed these:

Kill Kill: "All our love's flying in the sand"

HBTB: We're sinking into the sand"

Body Electric: "Opulence is the end"

HBTB: "Peace by vengeance brings the end"

"Tonight getting high by the beach is an actual possibility!!" - Jonah Hill in Superbad

fatasshill-960x540.jpg

also I noticed these:

Kill Kill: "All our love's flying in the sand"

HBTB: We're sinking into the sand"

Body Electric: "Opulence is the end"

HBTB: "Peace by vengeance brings the end"

"Tonight getting high by the beach is an actual possibility!!" - Jonah Hill in Superbad

fatasshill-960x540.jpg

she's recycled so many lyrics in this song but in the best way.. she's "referencing " themLOL

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

so with all this in mind, what the fuck is Music To Watch Boys To gonna be? :slayty:

Tbh I don't know.

what Honeymoon gonna sound like? I'm excited and hyped for the album so much now..!

giphy.gif

Can every person saying it's about Barrie back that up though? Like why him and not some other ex, or an imaginary ex?

This is definitely about a "imaginary ex". I think she wrote this song just to finally say she's happy... she feels confident. Thank you Francesco tbh :oprah: