sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

I must admit that I had a better approach with HBTB and Honeymoon than all Ultraviolence. (I appreciated so much the first singles -SOC and WC- when they were released, but when it came out Ultraviolence I was a little 'crowded early -but then revalue ultra-positive.)

As much as I love this song and am proud of its success, I kinda wish it'd be another one of hers that got #1 on the charts, something more elaborate :pft:

Ok, I think this needs to be settled once and for all time.

This track is distinctively Lana. There is nothing weak, generic or terrible about it. It is catchy, but still her style. It's not the problem of the GeePee that you folks stan hard for flops like West Coast or Ride.

And if she released something like that, nobody would bother to buy it, because we all know this type of songs.

Ok, I think this needs to be settled once and for all time.

This track is distinctively Lana. There is nothing weak, generic or terrible about it. It is catchy, but still her style. It's not the problem of the GeePee that you folks stan hard for flops like West Coast or Ride.

And if she released something like that, nobody would bother to buy it, because we all know this type of songs.

I agree, the only thing that can i can see being looked as "generic" is the instrumentation on the chorus, but if u listen to her vocals, to the verses, the bridge, the outro and intro, that is not a generic song for radio lol. 

Wow the board works again.

Lana is #1 on ITunes for 3 days now

#1 on the twitter chart

the new charts on billboard will be released Next Tuesday the 19th that will include High by the beach

IMHO- High by the beach should be situated time wise, right after Paradise, and right before West Coast

West Coast would appear to be the sequel to High by the Beach

Great song taking her again to unique places no one else singing today goes to

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Wow the board works again.

Lana is #1 on ITunes for 3 days now

#1 on the twitter chart

the new charts on billboard will be released Next Tuesday the 19th that will include High by the beach

IMHO- High by the beach should be situated time wise, right after Paradise, and right before West Coast

West Coast would appear to be the sequel to High by the Beach

Great song taking her again to unique places no one else singing today goes to

She said it was one of her most recent songs on Honeymoon 

This song has outperformed West Coast in every market. The reponse has been extremely positive from the GP.

It's sad interscope is not pushing this INSTANTLEY to radio. :( Whatever because some radio stations are picking it up already. THIS never happened with West Coast or any of her singles besides Summertime Sadness remix.

Also it's very dumb for interscope to release this mid week. :( it's like they expect her to flop that's why they release mid week because on one is releasing. But little did they know it slayed right out of the gate.

This song has outperformed West Coast in every market. The reponse has been extremely positive from the GP.

It's sad interscope is not pushing this INSTANTLEY to radio. :( Whatever because some radio stations are picking it up already. THIS never happened with West Coast or any of her singles besides Summertime Sadness remix.

do u have the radios taht picked it up?

I mean timing of the continuous story that flows from the early days to Born to die to Paradise to Honeymoon

High on the beach seems time wise to flow in the story like a prequel to West Coast (not when she wrote it, but time line)

Lana had said it would harken back to the story of BTD/Paradise and Ultraviolence mixed in

Who the person is, be it Barrie, be it "Jim" from the other songs is also important in knowing.

(Was it Barrie talked about in West Coast "leaving you for the moment"?)

And the money part. That would let out Barrie, though perhaps fans asking her to be something they want and she doesn't might be the reference saying she isn't in it for the money

and she will do as she damn pleases without worrying what this person or that person might say

(aka leave me alone all I want to do is get high on the beach)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

If radio is picking it up, it means it is being given to radio

The timing for the Weeknd duet couldn't be better (assuming the duet is a single)

IF that becomes a single (though even if not and everyone knows about it), that duet could be her ticket for vocal event of the year at next year Grammy's (which is what I think they call it as it is not a regular duo).

Also it's very dumb for interscope to release this mid week. :( it's like they expect her to flop that's why they release mid week because on one is releasing. But little did they know it slayed right out of the gate.

uh they knew it would do well. the initial buzz is all the needed for sales, it's not like sales are consistent for the entire chart week...it's frontloaded

BzhmW.png

I think the "don't need your money" thing is another anti thesis to many of her other songs, like the "you can be a bad motherfucker but that doesn't make you a man" line.

In her old material (and on Honeymoon) she constantly orgasms about how bad her boys are and/or how they got munny (National Anthem, Off To The Races etc)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Tbh, this is a great song, it's more simple compared to her other material but it's definitely great and very Lana. I'm really happy this is doing very well and I hope Interscope gets their shit together and release the video this week before the single free falls, send it to radio and get into the top 10 on the Billboard 200, she can do it, but only if they do things right.

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif