sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

Her main market is the US. If she will succeed in the US the rest of the world will follow. But Germany is a grey area for her for some time, they seem to have forgotten her. She's weak in the UK too

It pretty much flopped in the UK because Lana's not toured in the UK or done any promo here for years. If you were to ask a random person about Lana they'd probably think of the Summertime Sadness remix or her controversial statements last year...

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

It's normal for HBTB to fall from the 1st place on itunes. She has no mainstream exposure yet the single was bought mainly by her fans. The Weeknd has tons of radio play and performances (it was lip-synced by Tom Cruise). The question is if HBTB will plummet or will stabilize and climb again with more promo and radio play.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

I hope she gets a big performance on TV soon (VMA's would be a reach )

i'd be happy if she attends the vmas tbh u never know with lana. 

@ Lana's biggest market never was the us, she used to be all over europe but most of europe forgot about her bc the uv didn't happen here at all. also success in the us ≠ international success; bad blood and beyoncé are pretty good examples. i'd be happy if hbtb is a late bloomer in some european countries because the uk and germany used to be pretty huge markets for her (but germany's top 10 is full of german songs and they're craving that tropical house sound for years now  :toofunny: let's just hope they'll still buy her albums).

i76mrxw.png 

i'd be happy if she attends the vmas tbh u never know with lana. 

@ Lana's biggest market never was the us, she used to be all over europe but most of europe forgot about her bc the uv didn't happen here at all. also success in the us ≠ international success; bad blood and beyoncé are pretty good examples. i'd be happy if hbtb is a late bloomer in some european countries because the uk and germany used to be pretty huge markets for her (but germany's top 10 is full of german songs and they're craving that tropical house sound for years now  :toofunny: let's just hope they'll still buy her albums).

I'm agreeing with you that she started big in Europe but in the last two years she was mainly in the US. I cannot see her focusing on the US and on the Europe markets in the same time. Those examples you gave are correct but Beyonce is mainly R&B which never really worked in Europe, on the other hand HBTB has a  sound that is more Euro friendly

The sales are already going down in germany and it didn't even reach the top 20. that's pretty bad i think even west coast did better and it was released like a month after the world wide release.

the weeknd's sales increased to 0.9594 hbtb is probably gonna fall from the 1 later today :poordat: (although it did way better than expected)

they dont care about lana anymore lol, she didnt promote anymoee since 2012, they forgot about her and she didnt tour either

on the other hand HBTB has a sound that is more Euro friendly

How is trap euro friendly?

Guys can you remember that time when half of you said that you don't stan/care for charts but music quality?

I miss that time :poordat:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

I think we're getting a West Coast MV 2.0 thb, I'm getting those vibes from the snippet, in the sense of just shots of Lana singing and something iconic, like Lana in flames or this time, Lana shooting something (the creepcopter maybe?) 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I think we're getting a West Coast MV 2.0 thb, I'm getting those vibes from the snippet, in the sense of just shots of Lana singing and something iconic, like Lana in flames or this time, Lana shooting something (the creepcopter maybe?)

probably

I would like this so much. West Coast is iconic, it's my favourite video of hers, it's hypnotic and so appealing visually

ZKcaooE.png