Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: "High By the Beach"

This was both terrible and amazing at the same time I'm... I don't know what to say :toofunny:

Once again we have a great idea and a not-so-good execution :eek: I liked the part with the helicopter by the window but I think its just awkward how she sees the plane, then goes inside and lays on her bed, then she picks the magazine and she runs outside to grab the gun.

it wasnt terrible - i dont know what people were expecting or what people continue to expect from her??

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

but if it aimed at SOME of her fans, like a target area, i wouldnt be surprised because they keep leaking her shit all the time and we know how much that annoys her lol  :hdu:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

but if it aimed at SOME of her fans, like a target area, i wouldnt be surprised because they keep leaking her shit all the time and we know how much that annoys her lol  :hdu:

She's getting tired of my shit.

Well, the video makes the song make more sense.

Rather than a song about a lover, it's definitely about paparazzi/media/stalkers.

Especially with this video being shot at her house and the helicopter being there while she's running around trying to avoid it and then shooting it down is basically a message of her saying stop following me, leave me alone.

I think the following lyrics show that same message:

"Boy, look at you, looking at me

I know you know how I feel

I don't wanna do this anymore

It's so surreal, I can't survive

If this is all that's real

All I wanna do is get by by the beach

The truth is I never

Bought into your bullshit

When you would pay tribute to me

Boy look at you, looking at me

I know you don't understand

Don't need your money, money

To get me what I want

Lights camera action

Everyone can start again"

It's such a beautiful video though, she looks lovely.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Yeah, I don't really think it's targeting the fans as much as it is paparazzi being fucking everywhere (and smarmy journalists)

Yeah,especially lining up with the idea that she wrote this song during/right after the BTD era. The "never brought into your bullshit when you would pay tribute to me" could be referring to UV's critical acclaim because it was somehow more "authentic" because she was toned down and miserable. Which kind of give me high hopes for Honeymoon Lana to be BTD like high glamour, high production with a side of "call me fake if you want, fuck off"

Don't need your money: press, label, endorsement money

Everyone can start again, not through love, but through revenge: I'm done trying to please whoever and will actively come at them if the come at me.

tZ7WN4B.gif

I liked the video. At first I thought it was gonna be her walking around the house for the duration of the video and I was like no why :( , but then I "got it." It's pretty funny and does give a new meaning to the song. Kinda wished for something more, but I'm happy with what we got. :kiss:

I wonder what the paper being washed away by the water at the very end was all about

To me, it seems like that was to show she doesn't think that the media focuses on her music or writing, but rather the drama that surrounds her. (Her pre-fame past, "I wish I was dead already", SNL, etc.)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Also it pretty much confirms that there must be another video with those guys. 

The questions stays...Honeymoon or Music to watch boys to?

But IDK, I'm not sure Honeymoon will get it's own music video, maybe it was just a first taste of the album....