Can you hear me all night long

Ground control to Major Tom

But I lost my self when I lost you

But I still got jazz when I've got the blues

I lost myself and I lost you too

And I still get trashed, honey, when I hear your tunes

Mm...

Mm...

Not as jazzy as I was expecting, but it's still beautiful, especially the bridge and the chorus. It's a bit heartbreaking. Some of the verses' melodies remind me of We Are the Champions (ha) mixed with I Want to Sing, which we know Lana loves to sing.

Can you make the font NOT annoying?

Can you make the font NOT annoying?

It's just the standard font, sorry..? :eek:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Oh ... god. Listening to this song makes me so sad and so happy at the same time. How does she always outdo herself? And I LOVE that I can relate to the feelings of loss in this song, but the lyrics are still obscure enough to belong to Lana.  She always personalizes her songs so only she can truly understand them. This is a gorgeous song. Wow wow wow

My favorite thus far from what we have from Honeymoon. It has character and emotion, High By The Beach is a bop with character, but lacks emotion, the contrary can be said about Honeymoon, the voice is amazing and you can hear the emotion, but I can't find character in it.

This combines both in a captivating manner, you get the classic reverb Lana, a perfect amount actually. "Jazzy" is most definitely a correct term to describe the song, she still has the standard Lana sound, but the saxophones in the background and and the piano arrangement make it unique, most definitely one of my T10 songs form her now.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

our honeymooooooon
say you love me toooooo
darrrrrrrk bluuuueeeee

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

The high pitched noises sound like static noises from a microphone .... maybe it's because of the way the song was recorded? :creep:

I don't think Terrenc eis a love interest of her or that he as a person is supposed to be adressed/talking himself through the lyrics.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

our honeymooooooon

say you love me toooooo

darrrrrrrk bluuuueeeee

The funny thing is that it would actually work with this song.

Terrence loves you,

dark blue, dark blue

Terrence loves you

Terrence loves you

dark blue, dark blue

OMG i'm in love with this song. I think heartbreaking is a good term - at first I was gonna use bittersweet to describe it but I usually save that word for VG. 

It feels warm but sad at the same time. A very new song-type for Lana since usually her melancholy is kinda in your face (but in a beautiful melodramatic 60s woman way). TLY is definitely one of her best songs imo. I keep replaying it. And I also feel like I can really relate to it considering it's vagueness in the lyrics. Unlike her bad boy with blue eyes and a cigarette songs. I love it  :defeated:

Life imitates art 

The intro of the song sounds so much like segments of the American Beauty soundtrack.

I wanted to say it was sampled, but I was just listening through the AB OST, and it's a very similar sound but not sampled from there directly.

I was listening to the recordings some ppl have made of the Honeymoon Hotline's extension recordings(?).

Listening to that led me to watch the Lawrence Krauss lecture on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cIbfbl8124 

(because the HH doesn't actually work when I call it), I enjoyed it and all, but during the lecture, Lawrence Krauss mentions a famous discovery in science:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_of_cosmic_microwave_background_radiation.

OKAY so the funny thing is that these lyrics:

"I put the radio on hold you tight in my mind

Isn't strange that you're not here with me
But I know the lights on in the television
Trying to transmit can you hear me"

instantly reminded me of that particular discovery in science because white noise on televisions are actually just picking up random signals from space that aren't being occupied by a channel's signal.

​I take the awkward lines of "I know the lights on in the television, trying to transmit (CAN YOU HEAR ME?)"

and I don't think this is all a reach because it's a common thought in science that we can be receiving information via cosmic layers of radiation/static noise

and you, good people, are talking about hearing a "sound" that I personally haven't experienced but it does seem to fit this train of thought, as far as what this song is about.

All in all, I found it peculiar that I arrived at the idea independently, not special, but I wonder if anyone else is thinking about it.

Also I have secretly always thought that Lana is (don't scoff) a Sopranos/James Gandolfini fan, because on so many occasions, even before she was famous, Lana has said, done, tweeted things that are quotes or inspiration from that show Sopranos, mostly stuff that the main character Tony says, but also a lot of Lana's "Daytona Meth" style can be seen as a reflection upon Adrina's character/style https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriana_La_Cerva

My odd point with this is that "You are what you are." is a very poignant line delivered by James Gandolfini during an episode when he's in therapy discussing how he was born into a life of organized crime, and that lyric just instantly made me think of that line and what it meant within that context...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Zt--RAzCo

genetic predispostions /destiny written in stone

preordained life / free will

these philosophical ideals and questions raised in the scene are all metaphysical ones. I hope this isn't going beyond the "reach scope" of your minds it's just all snowballing for me...

I also want to say I like the song.  :illumilana2:  :agree2:  :hae: