AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

Some people were just never going to be satisfied no matter what is released. I say piss off and let them enjoy the music however they want to. I’m loving the updates to Reason Why and it just goes to show SOPHIE’s vision is unmatched, and unpredictable. The same shit that she’s so iconic for.

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Some people were just never going to be satisfied no matter what is released. I say piss off and let them enjoy the music however they want to. I’m loving the updates to Reason Why and it just goes to show SOPHIE’s vision is unmatched, and unpredictable. The same shit that she’s so iconic for.

something in the back of my head tells me that Ben did somethig with the stems and mixed last minute for some reason. Its just a matter of opinion tho but I cant for the life of me think for a second that Sophie would change that groundbreaking bass version she played countless times for this muddy spiritless mix of RW (Kim's vocal presence in this one is more prominent which its the only thing I really liked). It's good that something is coming finally but I mean... yeah lol. I also had the feeling that this new release/mix is going towards her electronic era she was experimenting right before she passed which makes sense tho but lets see what's coming

49 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

something in the back of my head tells me that Ben did somethig with the stems and mixed last minute for some reason. Its just a matter of opinion tho but I cant for the life of me think for a second that Sophie would change that groundbreaking bass version she played countless times for this muddy spiritless mix of RW (Kim's vocal presence in this one is more prominent which its the only thing I really liked). It's good that something is coming finally but I mean... yeah lol. I also had the feeling that this new release/mix is going towards her electronic era she was experimenting right before she passed which makes sense tho but lets see what's coming

benny didn’t do the mixing for this new version of reason why, it was done by someone called alex evans

The leak everyone based their memory and taste on is not at all representative of how the song might have changed from late 2019 to january of 2021. It leaked in august 2020 iirc and that was basically the same version as the radio rip debuted by Nina Las Vegas in august 2019, but just in a higher quality. We cannot assume that it was the final version of the song, especially given how many versions of the same song SOPHIE would have. It could have even been the version used for live sets and that’s it. That version could have even be scrapped entirely since it had leaked. I’m not surprised that the released version is so different from the leak or from the live version, I mean, hasn’t it always been like that with SOPHIE?

Like, the C*m Remix is vastly different from the version performed live, just like infatuation twilight zone or plunging asymptote, or even Immaterial and I could go on endlessly… I honestly do not think Benny would have taken so much creative liberty with the production, I believe that this is how SOPHIE wanted to present and release the song.

Just sharing my hopes for the tracklist

If it’s really THE album, and not just a collection. I’d love to see :

Spoiler

01. TransNation

02. Elegance

03. Wirr Kommen Aus Deutschland

04. Instruction

05. Take Me To Dubai

06. Pop Star

07. New Yorks Burning Down

08. Fields Of Animation

09. Fly Bitch

10. Sunscreen

11. Europe For The Summer

12. Lock It Up

13. Reverse N Stop

14. Exhilarate

15. Reason Why

16. My Forever

Spoiler

I would also be ecstatic about ANY of these

01. Spliff In My Ear

02. RaWwWw

03. Don’t Make Me Wait

04. Burn Rubber

05. In The Rain

06. Greenzone (Lick That Wet)

07. U Wanna Be Alive????

08. Inside Out

09. Gelato

10. Unpredictable Reality

One thought that has been around my mind since the announcement is how this is both a Sophie album and a celebration of Sophie’s music.

I kind of understand those fans that are kind of scared that sophie’s production might have been changed a bit in the process of completing this project… But I do think a lot that the people in charge of making these final decisions are precisely her family, friends, and close collaborators. People that actually took part in her personal life and creative evolution, people closely inspired by her and that, most probably, sophie was also inspired by them. People that Sophie loved and valued, and people that loved and valued Sophie - both in a personal and creative level -. 

For that reason, not only I support, but I’m actually moved by the idea of this album being 95% sophie, 5% Sophie’s loved ones.

If small things have been changed, then so be it: those changes come from a place of love, celebration, and most importantly, respect, and for that reason I doubt anything major has been touched or reworked. This is not only sophie’s final album but also a celebration of her music and talent, brought to us by her loved ones, and I’m happy that this is the way that it has been chosen to be done. 

new layout for the era do we like

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA

What i’m praying the tracklist is giving. If it looks anything like what others have suggested imma be slightly upset!

1. NEW ID

2. Reason Why

3. Instruction

4. Wir Kommen Aus Deutschland, Honey

5. NEW ID

6. NEW ID

7. NEW ID

8. Take Me To Dubai

9. New York’s Burning Down

10. NEW ID

11. Pop Star

12. NEW ID