AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

literally the ONLY thing i would add to sophie's songs are more structure (verse, chorus, etc)

If Sophie added that to her songs, I would not find her as appealing, I don't go to Sophie for fun cheesy pop songs (even though she is clearly capable of making them when she wants), I go to Sophie for experimental tracks and sounds and synths, I think she's perfect just the way she is tbh, she has shown so much artistic growth from "Product" to "Oil of Every Pearl's Un-insides" and I am SO here for it. Her new album is honestly one of the best things I have ever listened to.

If Sophie added that to her songs, I would not find her as appealing, I don't go to Sophie for fun cheesy pop songs (even though she is clearly capable of making them when she wants), I go to Sophie for experimental tracks and sounds and synths, I think she's perfect just the way she is tbh, she has shown so much artistic growth from "Product" to "Oil of Every Pearl's Un-insides" and I am SO here for it. Her new album is honestly one of the best things I have ever listened to.

I honestly appreciate & love Product way more now that Oil has released lol... with the exception of LOVE, Product is perfect & everything I admire about Sophie’s production. I guess it’s because they’re all singles that go hard. You guys all overhyped Oil for me and I’m so underwhelmed tbh. :crossed:

14417469274.gif

I honestly appreciate & love Product way more now that Oil has released lol... with the exception of LOVE, Product is perfect & everything I admire about Sophie’s production. I guess it’s because they’re all singles that go hard. You guys all overhyped Oil for me and I’m so underwhelmed tbh. :crossed:

I love both! In my opinion they aren't even comparable. That was old Sophie, this is new Sophie. They both sound entirely different aside from some familiar percussion in a few songs. 

I don't like Oil either. I miss the wacky lyrics from Product (VYZEE and HARD specifically)

I love Faceshoping and Ponyboy tho. And they have some of the best videos ever. I'm glad Oil is critically acclaimed but critics are bullshit anyways 

album is sitting at like a 7/10 for me at the moment. I like Product better currently.

I'm basic so here's my track ratings

Okay to cry - 4 (i don't vibe w/ this it's kind of cringe tbh)

Ponyboy - 7

Faceshopping - 9

Is It Cold In The Water - 5

Infatuation - 6

Not Okay - 7.5

Pretending - 7

Immaterial  - 9

Whole New World - 9

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

album is sitting at like a 7/10 for me at the moment. I like Product better currently.

I'm basic so here's my track ratings

Okay to cry - 4 (i don't vibe w/ this it's kind of cringe tbh)

Ponyboy - 7

Faceshopping - 9

Is It Cold In The Water - 5

Infatuation - 6

Not Okay - 7.5

Pretending - 7

Immaterial - 9

Whole New World - 9

TBH It's Okay To Cry is such a grower. I hated it at first so much. TBH, it's not that cringy but what makes it so much so is when she FUCKING WHISPERS IT LIKE NOOOOO

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

TBH It's Okay To Cry is such a grower. I hated it at first so much. TBH, it's not that cringy but what makes it so much so is when she FUCKING WHISPERS IT LIKE NOOOOO

I've really tried to like it, and I'm not opposed to emotional songs, even corny emotional songs generally (like i'm a mod on lanaboards, I can stan for corny shit lmao) but there's something about this track that gives me so much second hand embarrassment I just have to skip or sit really uncomfortably till it's over. Maybe if the vocals were less up front in the production and thus less of a feature of a song I could cope. Agree with the whisper tho, I think it makes the song feel disingenuous? idk.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

wow, another Basside fan! :creep: hahahah.

It was actually really good, they had a ton of energy. They're so cute. They did the five songs on their EP and all the SOPHIE collabs we've heard in SOPHIE's sets. They opened with the SOPHIE "NYC 2 MIA" remix and did "Me and My Boo," "Fuck It Up," "Crazy Expensive," and the new ones "I Wanna Take You Home" and "Swipe." I'm not totally sure those last two are SOPHIE productions, but it sounded like it. Granted, they didn't say any of the titles that I can remember...so I'm not even sure "Fuck It Up" is called that, lmao.

And even though the SOPHIE album dropped during their show (because it started at 11:30pm), they didn't even mention her.  :toofunny: So...I hope there's some kind of release coming, but I have no idea. They didn't say anything about it. 

I wanted to ask Linda (the one who has writing credits on their songs) about whether they were on "90 on the Freeway," but it was really awkward & I didn't feel like talking to them after...she sold me a shirt but my Venmo was being weird so it was just a lot of yelling back & forth in the middle of this weird bar in like...East Williamsburg.  :creep: 

oh, and i'll upload my audio soon! it's from the (shitty) videos I took, so it's in mono but it honestly sounds pretty good to me. I was listening to it next to the last few rips we have of their SOPHIE songs & it sounds clearer in certain parts. 

Yay thank u so much I cant wait to hear them!!!

It's good but the unnecesarily long tracks and a pointless 5 minute song of completely nothing really irritated me

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

LOVE = Pretending / Is It Cold ?

both unlistenable

Ummm... no? wtf

Is it GOD in the Water? is a semi-ambient banger. A mesmerising, unique experience.

Pretending is a drug experience, a work of art that dissociates you from reality, to take you to another new dimension. One of the most breaktakingly, beautiful songs I've ever heard.

And then there's T.R.A.S.H... A Tinnitus inducing, sad excuse of a song. I was basically listening to a balloon deflate for 3 minutes straight. And comparing it to the other two MASTERPIECES cited above is a total lack of respect for ART and TALENT.

Not y’all bashing product :rip: it has ALL of those bitchy/cute bops (l.o.v.e. Isn’t good imo though) while praising oil. Which has good unique songs on it, but a lot of it is a screeching opera vocal / unique to just be edgy , not to be listenable / (mess?)

Idk I’ll say it again! I feel like a lot of you guys are just saying you like it to be edgy somewhat!

Not y’all bashing product :rip: it has ALL of those bitchy/cute bops (l.o.v.e. Isn’t good imo though) while praising oil. Which has good unique songs on it, but a lot of it is a screeching opera vocal / unique to just be edgy , not to be listenable / (mess?)

Idk I’ll say it again! I feel like a lot of you guys are just saying you like it to be edgy somewhat!

or maybe i just like it a lot?? why would i like something to be edgy, that's such juvenile behavior, even you assuming that is childish omg, ANYWAYS, i loved the album in it's entirety  :makeup:

and I loved is it cold in the water, this album plays like a story about queerness and self-acceptance to me and i am so here for it, even the tracks y'all are calling "unlistenable" are amazing and add so much to the album, i really don't understand the hate, y'all just want everything to be easily digestible omg, I really don't know what y'all were expecting from an experimental artist