Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Is Taylor Swift Just a Big Rip Off of Lana Del Rey?

I don't get why u all are so pressed with her.

You act like little monsters when Gaga used to be IN and Nicki and Katy 'copied' her...

Just don't pay attention to her.

Let's be real. At this moment she is at her peak and she is playing little god, but you will see how low she will fall soon. It already started.

So please stop polluting this ALMOST pure forum with threads about this person cuz before I used to give -10fucks for her and now it's -8.

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

You act like little monsters when Gaga used to be IN and Nicki and Katy 'copied' her...

Let's be real. At this moment she is at her peak and she is playing little god, but you will see how low she will fall soon. It already started.

So please stop polluting this ALMOST pure forum with threads about this person cuz before I used to give -10fucks for her and now it's -8.

ok sis you are doing the most, this thread is to make fun of her and lmfao at pure forum Edited by naachoboy

Lana is a Gaga ripoff so I'm not sure why y'all are complaining about Taylor "copying" Lana  :uh:

I don't think people should complain either because 1) style/glamour memes are supposed to be imitated, 2) once they are imitated and are seen as such they function as original artist promotion, 3) musical theme imitation is more interesting. Certainly there is a part of Wildest Dreams that sounds like a part of Without You, but Taylor completes the theme in a different way, and I think that is enough to make them  different (compare with Sam Smith's recent problem, and BTW I think Pharell/Robin were robbed, even if I detest the topic of Blurred Lines). LDR imitates and completes known musical themes differently too, but has the sense to do so with much older (but still very well known) artists. 

I'm more interested in LDR's role as the "anti-Swift", or her doing stuff that seems diametrically opposed to Taylor. So the UV/Blank Space music video comparisons are interesting to me. Here's also a quote of Taylor's that is a favorite of mine (at least I think it's a quote):

<<< from Time article>>>
"They're [her fans are] discovering the music that tells them how they are going to live their lives and how they should feel and how it's acceptable to feel," Swift says. "I think that that's kind of exciting." To her fans she has recently started speaking out on two connected matters of importance to her: the music business and feminism.
<<< end quote >>>

This is from Time Magazine, Nov 24, which has Taylor Swift's face on the cover, not because she's Beethoven, but because she has a lot of "power" (aka sells a lot of records?). Anyway the article writer is talking about Taylor "minister"ing her fans at 1989 preview parties. Contrast with LDR's general position on being a "role model".

Also their positions on music streaming on Spotify free is interesting, and I'm hoping HM album will be immediately streamable there like UV album was (otherwise I'm looking at 4 to 5 business days to get the physical, but also crossing my fingers for Amazon autorip).

Oh come on man lol i made this only to have fun.. i dont hate her.. (i even bought three albums by her)