Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Is Taylor Swift Just a Big Rip Off of Lana Del Rey?

:godlaugh: Lana: "I want money, power, and glory"  

:illuminataylor: Taylor: "In my opinion, the value of an album is, and will continue to be, based on the amount of heart and soul an artist has bled into a body of work, and the financial value that artists (and their labels) place on their music when it goes out into the marketplace. Piracy, file sharing and streaming have shrunk the numbers of paid album sales drastically, and every artist has handled this blow differently.... Music is art, and art is important and rare. Important, rare things are valuable. Valuable things should be paid for. It's my opinion that music should not be free, and my prediction is that individual artists and their labels will someday decide what an album's price point is. I hope they don't underestimate themselves or undervalue their art."  

Me: :awk:

When will she become irrelevant... it seems like every fandom except her own hates her. Also I watched 'I Knew You Were Trouble' now for the first time ever and lmao @ her trying to make her cheesy pop song more meangingful by adding that 'profound' monologue to the video

When will she become irrelevant... it seems like every fandom except her own hates her. Also I watched 'I Knew You Were Trouble' now for the first time ever and lmao @ her trying to make her cheesy pop song more meangingful by adding that 'profound' monologue to the video

Wtf? People who like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Justin Bieber, Nick Jonas and One Direction LOVE her. Lol. And yeah you're right, she wanted Trouble to seem a very deep song :toofunny:

The difference between LDR & Granny Swift is that LDRs music is like a full course dinner with each plate having a beautifully crafted meal with carefully chosen ingredients to create an original masterpiece whereas Grannae Swish's music is like gross fast food made with recycled ingredients to cater to the mindless masses.

West Coast : But you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?
Shake it off : It's like I got this music in my mind saying, "It's gonna be alright."
Lana has a song called 1949.
Tswizzle made an album called 1989.

Like you do in “Fucked My Way UP To The Top” on your new album?

It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere.

But now you have to tell us who you’re talking about.
Unfortunately I can’t, you know?

PLOT TWIST : TAYLOR SWIFT HAS BEEN LANA DEL REY'S GHOST WRITER FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. LDR IS TAYSWIFTS CREATION  :illumilana: LDR HASN'T WRITTEN A SINGLE SONG IN HER LIFE. :troll:  :troll:  :troll:

The difference between LDR & Granny Swift is that LDRs music is like a full course dinner with each plate having a beautifully crafted meal with carefully chosen ingredients to create an original masterpiece whereas Grannae Swish's music is like gross fast food made with recycled ingredients to cater to the mindless masses.

Well said

and MORE PLEASE @@PARADIXO

Lana: "I want money, power, and glory"

Taylor: "In my opinion, the value of an album is, and will continue to be, based on the amount of heart and soul an artist has bled into a body of work, and the financial value that artists (and their labels) place on their music when it goes out into the marketplace. Piracy, file sharing and streaming have shrunk the numbers of paid album sales drastically, and every artist has handled this blow differently.... Music is art, and art is important and rare. Important, rare things are valuable. Valuable things should be paid for. It's my opinion that music should not be free, and my prediction is that individual artists and their labels will someday decide what an album's price point is. I hope they don't underestimate themselves or undervalue their art."

Me: :awk:

i feel like taylor is actually the person people assumed lana was in 2011-2012 

and lana is actually the ~ good girl (who taylor is supposed to portray?)

~ inside / outside ~ shifts / contradictions ~ 

:delicious:

ZRBNill.jpg

~ inside / outside ~ shifts / contradictions ~ 

:delicious:

It's all true, and the irony is never lost  :defeated:

And FKA Twigs being the actual overhyped hipster blog darling  :defeated:

And Halsey being the actual Urban Outfitters-pandering producers' pet  :defeated:

People like to say Lana's dad bought her career, but nobody pays attention to Taylor's rich-ass parents, who are so rich they moved across the country when Taylor was 14 so she could pursue her dream of being a country music singer.

Scott Kingsley Swift is a [/size]wealth management advisor and senior vice president at Merrill Lynch, who runs a subset of the firm called The Swift Group from the company's Nashville office. (His official company bio notes that his daughter "Taylor is a four-time Grammy winner and CMA Entertainer of the Year.") He also lists a number of entertainment ventures—Swift Merchandising, Firefly Entertainment—on [/size]his Finra broker check and was an early investor in Big Machine, the fledgling label that first released Swift's music. (Andrea, whose father was an oilman, likewise worked at a mutual fund before leaving to become a stay-at-home mom.)[/size]

And yet people try to label her an "underdog:"

But to the New York Times, she is, apparently, an “underdog.” The paper of record used the term twice in its [/size]review of her show in a relatively intimate 13,000-seat arena in Louisiana and pulled it out for the headline as well: “On Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ Tour, the Underdog Emerges as Cool Kid.” [/size]Well, Taylor Swift may be a lot of things, but we’re not really sure “underdog” is one of them. Let’s back up a little bit.[/size]

Like a lot of country singers – that’s how she first broke in – Taylor Swift grew up on a farm. It wasn’t a subsistence farm in the rough part of Kentucky but a Christmas-tree farm in Pennsylvania. “Her mother worked in finance,” a New Yorker story says, “and her father, a descendant of three generations of bank presidents, is a stockbroker for Merrill Lynch. (He bought the tree farm from a client.)” In Swift’s hometown, she told the magazine’s Lizzie Widdicombe, “it mattered what kind of designer handbag you brought to school.

So let’s acknowledge that she began life with a slight leg up on the privilege escalator. But the playing field is about a get a lot less level: “When she was ten, her mother began driving her around on weekends to sing at karaoke competitions,” the New Yorker tells us. “Then she persuaded her mother to take her to Nashville during spring break to drop off her karaoke demo tapes around Music Row, in search of a record deal; they didn’t succeed, but the experience convinced Swift that she needed a way to stand out.”

When Swift was 14, her father relocated to Merrill Lynch’s Nashville office as a way to help dear Taylor break into country music. As a sophomore in high school, she got a convertible Lexus. Around the same time, her dad bought a piece of Big Machine, the label to which Swift signed.

[...] 

Indie rock – and punk and alt-country, and left-of-the-dial R&B and related genres that are uncomfortable with corporations or consumerism – is exactly the kind of thing an offspring of Wall Street like Taylor Swift is not going to respond to. So does her dissing a celebrity ex make her into an underdog? To a poptimist, maybe.[/size]

Her parents even wanted to groom her for business.

Her mother, Andrea, selected a gender-neutral name for her baby girl so that when she grew up and applied for jobs in the male-dominated finance industry no one would know if she were male or female. 

Truly a reverse Warholian expedition.

Let's top it off with this quote:

Important, rare things are valuable. Valuable things should be paid for.

Too bad your music is neither.  :hottie:

This thread is gold.

I remember thinking that I like Wildest Dreams for like 5 minutes & then I realized that it's only because it's a Without You ripoff  :toofunny:

I'm weirded out that more media sites didn't create major drama bc of the similarity of those two songs, the Ride copy etc. If it was the other way - Lana getting ~inspired~ by Taylor, they would drag her to hell to and back. 

Fuck that fake bitch and her red lipstick  :bye2:

(sorry, I just dislike Swiftie in general)

i am nothing and should be everything

I find it amusing that people are getting angry over this - as if Lana was the first to ever film an underwater scene lmaooo

I find it funny that you think we're actually serious about this :rip: