annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I'm not surprised Interscope isn't doing much for this album, the album on iTunes is listed under Polydor Ltd. (UK) it doesn't even mention Interscope

isn't polydor Lanas main label (responsible for promo in UK)? I'm pretty sure that on albums it always says that lana is under exclusive license to Polydor first, then it says interscope cos she signed her contract with polydor in London (which also came with interscope in the US) I might be wrong

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

then why do you always have something to say when i comment? like i could look down my notifications and mulitquote youre harsh comments on my quotes, but idc im just here for news tbh

Calm down gurl. I just replied to an utterly overreaction of yo, because someone called Lana a "diva". Pls go back and read your postings and then read mine and tell me who is the harsh one.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

isn't polydor Lanas main label (responsible for promo in UK)? I'm pretty sure that on albums it always says that lana is under exclusive license to Polydor first, then it says interscope cos she signed her contract with polydor in London (which also came with interscope in the US) I might be wrong

I just found it strange since I live in the U.S., and not the UK yet the itunes doesn't mention interscope at all 

Nothing scares me anymore.

Sales dropped 80 % which is a drastic drop. Don't expect anything more than just the video for MTWBT from this era. She will be lucky to sell like 300k in the US when all is said and done. And even that is hard to reach since she will have a total of less than 125k after two weeks.

Lana has managed to degrade herself to Marina levels (almost) in terms of sales because of her lack of interest.

Sales dropped 80 % which is a drastic drop. Don't expect anything more than just the video for MTWBT from this era. She will be lucky to sell like 300k in the US when all is said and done. And even that is hard to reach since she will have a total of less than 125k after two weeks.

Lana has managed to degrade herself to Marina levels (almost) in terms of sales because of her lack of interest.

if only lana tried!! marina tries so hard yet her sales arent that good. every artist ive liked for the past few years have started to not care and stopped promoting

i think we just have to deal

I think Lana is in Florence's levels - she went massive in her last record but it's not selling that much right now. But she has a huge following and can continue to be headliner and still relevant somehow and so on. Marina has never reached that level

Correct me if I'm wrong, cos I don't know shit about shit, but it strikes me as super weird that an artist can reach the higher parts of various charts in many countries, but there's little imperative from her label to do more, to make some money?

I know Lana, as the artist, has her preferences in terms of promo, but surely she has some contractual obligations to, I dunno, promote her (rather big) release? Strike while the iron's hot, that sort of thing? Aren't some label bosses twitching, even just for another MV or a couple more interviews?

I always thought the mighty dollar trumped all...?

I think Lana is in Florence's levels - she went massive in her last record but it's not selling that much right now. But she has a huge following and can continue to be headliner and still relevant somehow and so on. Marina has never reached that level

Florence record is actually selling really good, especially in the UK. Lana is nowhere near her at this point, sadly.

just a quick thought, i feel like Honeymoon should have been to UV what Paradise was to BTD, an EP.

I feel like MTWBT, TLY, Freak, and TBD sound like UV demos. imagine them with auerbachs production and live band. Ultraviolence: The Honeymoon Phase (or something like that) would have been better than a full fledged album. Just listening to TBD and imagining it in psychedelic desert rock takes me to heaven. this should have been EP, lana could have taken a little break since clearly she doesnt really want to promo and then she can couldve came back with a stronger album

in all honesty i think musicians are slowly starting not to care about the sales aspect of the industry and focus on the actual music! i don't blame them. i mean that's the way it should be. why do fans care so much? Lana genuinely cares about music...and release pretty often in comparison to a lot of artist.

in all honesty i think musicians are slowly starting not to care about the sales aspect of the industry and focus on the actual music! i don't blame them. i mean that's the way it should be. why do fans care so much? Lana genuinely cares about music...and release pretty often in comparison to a lot of artist.

yes. sorry but chart obsessed people are living in the past. aside from the usual batch of very commercialized shitty artists that do 67 videos and world tours with every album, most singers are really not selling all that much, especially well into their 3-4th releases.

So the vinyl has tons of pops even after cleaning and I hate having to return it bc now I have to wait even longer  :defeated: oh well

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived