annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I meant that if the sound of the vinyl cuts while listening lol 

No, it's like annoying surface noise  :teehee: I haven't heard any complaints of it being noisy so hopefully I just got a bad copy and the replacement will be better

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I think Lana is in Florence's levels - she went massive in her last record but it's not selling that much right now. But she has a huge following and can continue to be headliner and still relevant somehow and so on. Marina has never reached that level

HBHBHB did better than ceremonials in first week in UK (and reached #1 in UK and the US). Plus Ship To Wreck did quite well and Queen of Peace is getting really strong airplay on Radio 1

Lanas sales are not brilliant, IMO, but that's because HBHBHB is more upbeat and immediately catchy than HM ( precisely none of my friends have expressed any interest in listenjng to HM)

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

yeah true, Flo is doing quite well and HM as a record, is very much more niche of an artist/album, like

someone here posted recently..

I love HM the album, with the exception of 4 songs on it, i gladly skip, but the ones i like, I love.

No one i know, listens to Lana. Its me alone. lol.. but thats ok, i see her greatness.. :)

I just heard that Pope Francis dropped a surprise record...I wonder if all of the places it is being sold at will count for the Billboard 200?

He may score a #1 album, and he has been doing mega-publicity.

If only Lana was Pope

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I just heard that Pope Francis dropped a surprise record...I wonder if all of the places it is being sold at will count for the Billboard 200?

He may score a #1 album, and he has been doing mega-publicity.

If only Lana was Pope

Your cult leader and your jazz singer

So you can get two turntables and play DJ when you crossfade the two trax

vpjci8T.gif

in all honesty i think musicians are slowly starting not to care about the sales aspect of the industry and focus on the actual music! i don't blame them. i mean that's the way it should be. why do fans care so much? Lana genuinely cares about music...and release pretty often in comparison to a lot of artist.

Less interviews, TV and radio appearances, music videos etc etc because the artist doesn't care for promo anymore is a problem.

If an artist stops caring about sales and this means he will do stuff which usualyl wouldn't sell that well, that's ok. But if "caring for sales" means fans get something to see/hear, I'm definitly here for promo.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Correct me if I'm wrong, cos I don't know shit about shit, but it strikes me as super weird that an artist can reach the higher parts of various charts in many countries, but there's little imperative from her label to do more, to make some money?

I know Lana, as the artist, has her preferences in terms of promo, but surely she has some contractual obligations to, I dunno, promote her (rather big) release? Strike while the iron's hot, that sort of thing? Aren't some label bosses twitching, even just for another MV or a couple more interviews?

I always thought the mighty dollar trumped all...?

She probably does and they have the power to put pressure on her, but at the end of the day, if Lana doesn't want to do it, she's not going to. She seems like the type who would rather be penalized by her label than do something she doesn't want to do.

We heard that there was a lot of conflict between Lana and Interscope during UV and I feel like Interscope has given up on her in terms of promotion and trying to be commercially friendly. I'm starting to think this really will be her last album with them.

149o3h3.jpg

She probably does and they have the power to put pressure on her, but at the end of the day, if Lana doesn't want to do it, she's not going to. She seems like the type who would rather be penalized by her label than do something she doesn't want to do.

We heard that there was a lot of conflict between Lana and Interscope during UV and I feel like Interscope has given up on her in terms of promotion and trying to be commercially friendly. I'm starting to think this really will be her last album with them.

Eh, for what I know Polydor released this album, not Interscope. Or maybe not, but I see Polydor everywhere, like even at the end of the video, no Interscope whatsoever.

I can, however totally understand Interscope if they lose interest and let the album just sell what it sells. Why putting effort into something when she refuses to be marketable. Like even marketable towards a possible targeted demographic. The music industry is a buisness after all and Lana has peaked commercially with BTD.

I just struggle to see her strategy