annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

yeah bc its the HONEYMOON post release thread. not uv or btd.

Yea but there's no one even in these threads talking about anything. If anyone mentions or compares the soon to be Grammy nominated HONEYMOON to Lana's past albums people become pressed for some reason. I guess no one is allowed to speak their mind but a few people :eyeroll2:

Honeymoon ♥♥♥♥♥

Music To Watch Boys To ♥♥♥♥♥

Terrence Loves You ♥♥♥♥♥♥

God Knows I Tried ♥♥♥♥♥♥

High By The Beach ♥♥♥♥♥

Freak ♥♥♥♥

Art Deco ♥♥♥♥

Burnt Norton – Interlude ♥♥♥♥

Religion ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Salvatore ♥♥♥♥♥♥

The Blackest Day ♥♥♥♥♥♥

24 ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Swan Song ♥♥♥♥♥

Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Can't wait for the tour as this is Lana's best work ever...she needs to release a Live DVD at last!!

I guess the hype for HM is dying slowly

I wanna say she didn#t so much to promote her but ...

She did a signing and a meet n greet. She did 4 photoshoots, 3 of them being for magazines and another one that was used for the album art. She did a BBC Radio 1 performance. She gave a few radio interviews and also a few for the magazines she was in. She had 3 promo singles and one lead single which also had a music video. She had an album sampler uploaded and there was a billboard, aswell as some posters. There was this UO listening party.

HOWEVER I feel like most of this stuff was done, but it was not really done in a way that would attrackt people who would not already be fans. And the fact that many magazines use old photoshoots and there are only like 3 official promo pics curculating is kind of meh.She has no real radioplay in the EU, it's super rare that you hear HBTB on air. And the whole album#s sound is not a sound that would attrackt new fans, it's great for already-stans but nothing that really makes you become a fan.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Lana is one of a kind. Her beautiful music, unique voice and friendly personality stands out in todays music world. She has a legacy of fantastic songs.

To stand close to her at a concert is a memory for life, something that I will always remember. There are many many artists with "bops". I like them too.

But Lana's songs has a special place in my heart no matter how many album she sells. I feel pity for the ones who will never step inside her fantastic

fantasy world. The question you have to ask yourselves is: do you like her music If not what are you doing here?!

I think that was it for the era, we will get MTWBT vid this week, maybe a tropico-like film sometime next year.

Let's just start prayer circles that she will perform most of the songs on tour this time.

She did a signing and a meet n greet. She did 4 photoshoots, 3 of them being for magazines and another one that was used for the album art. She did a BBC Radio 1 performance. She gave a few radio interviews and also a few for the magazines she was in. She had 3 promo singles and one lead single which also had a music video. She had an album sampler uploaded and there was a billboard, aswell as some posters. There was this UO listening party.

HOWEVER I feel like most of this stuff was done, but it was not really done in a way that would attrackt people who would not already be fans. And the fact that many magazines use old photoshoots and there are only like 3 official promo pics curculating is kind of meh.She has no real radioplay in the EU, it's super rare that you hear HBTB on air. And the whole album#s sound is not a sound that would attrackt new fans, it's great for already-stans but nothing that really makes you become a fan.

I mean, yes she did some promotion, but compared to most major artists, that's like basically nothing.

For the record, I don't really care how much promotion she does in terms of how it affects the sales (she doesn't care so what's the point). I would just love to see her talk and perform more lol

What is the 3 moon theory and in what relation? I think I missed something.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I think that was it for the era, we will get MTWBT vid this week, maybe a tropico-like film sometime next year.

Let's just start prayer circles that she will perform most of the songs on tour this time.

I don't know why y'all think she'll do a "short movie" aka overtime music video again. Honeymoon's theme doesn't really fit the idea like Paradise fits the one of Tropico.

I also think we won't get anything apart from the MTWBT video. I hope there will be a lot of HQ leaks considering the Honeymoon shoot she did for the album cover/promo art. I doubt we will get any other videos or photoshoots.

I have the bad feeling the only new songs she'll perform will be TLY, HM and HBTB. or UV, she also only really performed  WC, UV, BBY and CW on a "regular" basis. We had a few MPG, OM and FMWUTTT performances and she did both SOC and FK once.

On BtD and Paradise, the only songs she never did were Lucky Ones, Bel Air and TIWMUG and the only song she never performed on a more "regular" basis was Diet Mountain Dew.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

All of that promo is nothing, it was mainly directer to her fans not GP