annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Terrence Loves You is her magnum opus of musical nyquill, that song is such a strong sedative, the lyrics are not even great  :pft:

Tea. I don't get why Lana said it's her favorite song from the album. She's one of those artists I don't trust when it comes to their opinions on their own music. :oprah3: When she says she's done her best work on a track, I think it's her worst, and when she doesn't seem to care about a particular song, I think it's her best.

A little off topic, but what did Lana say her favorite songs from her other albums were

I'm not sure about BTD and Paradise, but she did say her favorite track from Ultraviolence, hands down, is Cruel World.

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

A little off topic, but what did Lana say her favorite songs from her other albums were

If I recall correctly (apologies if I don't though) as Electrib Body said I also can remember her saying it's Summertime Sadness, Bel Air, and Cruel World (I remember pretty clearly cause these are my least fav from all albums rip but I don't remember where I saw it) but then I also heard about her favourite being Video Games so I'm not sure

ZKcaooE.png

I think the magnum opus idea confuses the favorite song idea or possibly the perfect song idea, which I guess is a song with some kind of powerful message that is executed (nearly?) flawlessly. But there's no reason only one song can be best, the most perfect, or the most favorited (even within the same person). I don't have a (logical) problem with their being multiple "best" or "favorited" given "ties" are always possible. However, you could rank different songwriters in terms of the number of "magnum opuses" they appear to have, which is typically how it's done with composers. This is the primary reason I've often whined (or been depressed about) LDR's suppression of the AKA album and her non-action on other unreleased stuff, as it depresses me that her stature is not accurately portrayed (i.e., for me, there are magnum opuses there, too, though I recognize people differ in their opinions on this).

Eh, it doesn't. Besides, Afraid is irrelevant. Besides, it never made an album. 

I'm american sweatheart trying to get away  (faster a bit) but they are a bit alike imo lol 

Swinging in the backyard pull up if ur fast car