annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I just had an epiphany, I need to go to Tiffany's :oprah2:

Aaaaanyways, why doesn't she do a live set and puts it on YT performing songs from Hennymoon?

I mean, she could just rent a room, let her band come over, hire like two or three background singers since she wants to work with some in the future anyway and let Francesco hold the camera.

She could play like 6 songs from Honeymoon and upload it on Vevo.

If she doesn't want to perform on TV or TV shows simply don't wanna book her and a tour is prolly not happening anyway, she can at least do this.

She has all the resources she needs: money to pay the musicians, material to work with and a boyfriend who is a director.

Aaaaanyways, why doesn't she do a live set and puts it on YT performing songs from Hennymoon?

I mean, she could just rent a room, let her band come over, hire like two or three background singers since she wants to work with some in the future anyway and let Francesco hold the camera.

If she doesn't want to perform on TV or TV shows simply don't wanna book her and a tour is prolly not happening anyway, she can at least do this.

She has all the resources she needs: money to pay the musicians, material to work with and a boyfriend who is a director.

tbh she probably doesn't really care about putting it out there at this point..

HM sales and all are not doing great.. promo would have been better earlier, but, unfortunately,

TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE,

tbh she probably doesn't really care about putting it out there at this point..

HM sales and all are not doing great.. promo would have been better earlier, but, unfortunately,

TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE,

that ain't for the sales, although they would improve a bit, but yeah, it would be nice to hear the songs in a live setting and let's be real, these days you don't even have to be booked on TV shows or able to pull off a big tour if you really wanna sing the songs live for your fans.

It's so easy.

Lana is going to be the first celebrity to be transported by the Hyperloop

She'll be the first actually-hologramed celebrity and we wont even know when it happens. 

About 5-15 years later, when NASA makes it to Mars, they'll discover Lana on a lawn chair lying out in the excruciatingly unguarded solar rays while drinking thawed out Mars water from a martini glass. It will be unclear how she is capable of such a feat. 

5 years later, Lana drops a vaporwave album that consists her moaning over 1990s weather channel music. 3 years after that, she announces another short film where she is paired with Elon Musk and Jesus on a SpaceX spaceship. 

5 years even later, Lana announces at a breakthrough physics conference that humanity has discovered unlimited energy. And even then, with unlimited energy, Lana still hasn't released the short film.  With unlimited energy, medical technologies are no longer costly to produce, and mankind produces permanent life extension drugs. Lana, after taking these life extension drugs, allegedly tells Rolling Stones magazine that she "still wishes she was dead already". 

Idk, it's been about a month since I've first heard the songs and I still adore them. Honeymoon is, objectively, all personality and looks put aside, excellent music. I now consider Honeymoon to be equal to UV for radically different reasons, I'd say UV for the music, aesthetics and emotional power within the music, and HM for the era's emotional baggage personally. But I don't understand. These songs are GOOD. These songs are excellent, I've listened to Salvatore on a loop again this morning, impossible to stop, because it's just too heavenly. I don't understand what this album would lack. It's probably only due to myself but I get 78% more suicidal when I read some people saying that she just could call it a career and pack her bags. I mean what do you want? What do you expect? OF COURSE, I would love more videos too, I'm still pressed about the MTWBT black and white, but I can't help but feel content with what I got. I spent a lot of money on magazines with beautiful photoshoots and I don't see what I could expect more? Promo or not, I don't get how some people can think that she isn't proud of her record. I don't know anything about sales at all. The other band I stan, disappear for two solid years, do very sparse photoshoots, a few interviews, and they actually leaked their own album themselves a weak before the release. We never get candids and they haven't got a lot of tour dates at all. I haven't got a single idea how much they're selling. So for me, everything Lana does is better already. This isn't shade by the way, anyone express their love in the way they want to I can't judge, but I'm sincerely perplex. Honeymoon, is really, really, really good, and that's enough for me, I don't know. At the risk of pulling a Barrie, I don't think it's over yet. I feel much more HM than UV, which is weird considering how mucking smashingly depressed I am

ZKcaooE.png

She'll be the first actually-hologramed celebrity and we wont even know when it happens.

About 5-15 years later, when NASA makes it to Mars, they'll discover Lana on a lawn chair lying out in the excruciatingly unguarded solar rays while drinking thawed out Mars water from a martini glass. It will be unclear how she is capable of such a feat.

5 years later, Lana drops a vaporwave album that consists her moaning over 1990s weather channel music. 3 years after that, she announces another short film where she is paired with Elon Musk and Jesus on a SpaceX spaceship.

5 years even later, Lana announces at a breakthrough physics conference that humanity has discovered unlimited energy. And even then, with unlimited energy, Lana still hasn't released the short film. With unlimited energy, medical technologies are no longer costly to produce, and mankind produces permanent life extension drugs. Lana, after taking these life extension drugs, allegedly tells Rolling Stones magazine that she "still wishes she was dead already".

I want a book of this, also you should help Lana with music video plots tbh Queen of Mars, Queen of drugs, Space time cars and Martian love

I want a book of this, also you should help Lana with music video plots tbh Queen of Mars, Space time cars and Marching like a Martian

I honestly read so much scifi so I'm so hear for Lana Del Queen of Mars rn. 

Just imagining Lana wrapping the American flag on the moon around her shoulders and making out with Elon Musk on his spaceship. 

I honestly read so much scifi so I'm so hear for Lana Del Queen of Mars rn. 

Just imagining Lana wrapping the American flag on the moon around her shoulders and making out with Elon Musk on his spaceship. 

From Lana Rey Del Mar to Lana Rey Del Mars :flutter: Lana Reina Del Mars :hooker: She was foreseeing the flowing water on mars, that's what she chose rey del mar

ZKcaooE.png

Interesting- to put things in perspective- Lana had more than enough sales to hit #1 in 40 of the last 54 weeks

Janet Jackson is going to have the #1 album this week BUT it is under 100,000

Selena Gomez is trending for the week after only having 85,000

Looks like any week other than having Drake drop a surprise Lana easily would have been #1....in fact 40 plus in the last year

(and btw, why did Drake lose 200,000 in volume since the last surprise drop he had? One doesn't find people questioning that. Why is it???

Congratulations again Lana on having the sales to reach#1 in 40 of the last 44 weeks. (2 of which were Drake surprise releases.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Interesting- to put things in perspective- Lana had more than enough sales to hit #1 in 40 of the last 44 weeks

Janet Jackson is going to have the #1 album this week BUT it is under 100,000

Selena Gomez is trending for the week after only having 85,000

Looks like any week other than having Drake drop a surprise Lana easily would have been #1....in fact 40 of the last 44 weeks

(and btw, why did Drake lose 200,000 in volume since the last surprise drop he had? One doesn't find people questioning that. Why is it???

Congratulations again Lana on having the sales to reach#1 in 40 of the last 44 weeks. (2 of which were Drake surprise releases.)

No, she didn't. Stop spreading false information.

The Weeknd, Fallout Boy, Luke Bryan, Meek Mill, Nicki Minaj, Meghan Trainor Florence And The Machine alone sold more during the first week. Let alone Drake, who charted twice with bigger numbers, having 2 albums this year selling more during the first week. Dr Dre, too. Or Lana's labelmate Kendrick Lamar. I ain't bothered enough to count more of them.

So, no. Lana's numbers are actually not anything special. Rather the opposite. Selena's numbers ain't surprising. She was never an album seller. Her last album didn't even go Gold in the US. But at least, when her album sales ain't that great, she can still call a big hit this year in the US her own. Lana can't since her singles after the Summertime Sadness remix ain't selling shit.

And Janet didn't open up with less than 100k. She sold 109k which is 4k more in pure sales than our homegirl. Besides, Janet selling over 100k in this sales climate as a veteran is pretty impressive. Lana as a quite new artist should outdo her easily, which she didn't.

So pls, before you post, rather inform yourself and stop trolling this place.

No, she didn't. Stop spreading false information.

The Weeknd, Fallout Boy, Luke Bryan, Meek Mill, Nicki Minaj, Meghan Trainor Florence And The Machine alone sold more during the first week. Let alone Drake, who charted twice with bigger numbers, having 2 albums this year selling more during the first week. Dr Dre, too. Or Lana's labelmate Kendrick Lamar. I ain't bothered enough to count more of them.

So, no. Lana's numbers are actually not anything special. Rather the opposite. Selena's numbers ain't surprising. She was never an album seller. Her last album didn't even go Gold in the US. But at least, when her album sales ain't that great, she can still call a big hit this year in the US her own. Lana can't since her singles after the Summertime Sadness remix ain't selling shit.

And Janet didn't open up with less than 100k. She sold 109k which is 4k more in pure sales than our homegirl. Besides, Janet selling over 100k in this sales climate as a veteran is pretty impressive. Lana as a quite new artist should outdo her easily, which she didn't.

So pls, before you post, rather inform yourself and stop trolling this place.

Yes, and Janet got those figures with NO PROMO.

graham4anything, when will your fave? check your aftershave before you come for Janet the legend...

<3

p.s. i don't care about these stan wars, just joshing yas but no messing with Janet, OK? xxxx

leaked-

44 is a typo. Meant to say 54 (last year).

everyone of those artists are single oriented. Not one album oriented person in there. (now that weeknd has sold out and gone for the gold, but I already included weeknd in the total and drake too).

Though it would be real cool if Lana could get a duet with a country person and hit the country charts.

After getting to #16 on the R&B chart, very few white female singers to ever have a Top 20 R&B hit if she score a Top 20 country hit too, that would be fantastic.

(Elvis Presley is one of the rare ones, Elton did it) have hit the Hot 100, had a #1 album and a top 20 hit

on the R&B chart, to add a Top 20 on the country chart would be amazing.

Now go to Tiffany's and maybe Debbie Gibson's too and have your orgasm there.You obviously hate Lana, so why even be here?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@intensely- Janet has had what, about 20 number one songs, just got a R&R hall of fame nomination and is seen non stop in the USA on reruns of

Good Times and Diff'rent strokes. Janet is cool

though she indirectly caused all truth in broadcasting to disappear in the media in America

with the firing of Dan Rather directly enabled by CBS being afraid of losing its license due to what earlier happened at the Super bowl.

America is filled with conservative prudes isn't she?

It seems like she's too insecure and anxious to promote her work. She's grown into a shell of her former self, rather hiding away eating Doritos in her Hollywood mansion where nobody can see her, than go on camera and be proud of her music. I hate it. No tea no shade.

Zp1Ucx1.gif