annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Does anyone else have a noisy vinyl? I got my replacement copy from Amazon and it's better, though still noisy.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I don't know how she writes songs nowadays. There's supposed to be a Cola laptop demo, but we've never gotten that. I don't think we have demos for any of the UV songs except maybe the "radio mix" of West Coast. We know a segment was cut from Cruel World. But if she doesn't use her guitar or create acappellas... how is she writing nowadays? Acappellas are what people who don't play an instrument use to write music (see: Michael Jackson's demo for Beat It). She's said she sits down to write at the same time every day "because your muse will know where to find you," but her process is still shrouded in mystery. If only interviewers asked about this stuff instead of the tired "feminism? depression? fashion?" questions.

i asked the same thing in the minor questions thread because i'm so curious about it as well. from the little she's explained of writing this album, it seems like rick nowels sat at a piano playing chord progressions while lana made up lyrics & melodies over it.

let me be who i'm meant to be

i asked the same thing in the minor questions thread because i'm so curious about it as well. from the little she's explained of writing this album, it seems like rick nowels sat at a piano playing chord progressions while lana made up lyrics & melodies over it.

This is the same way she wrote Video Games with Justin Parker, for what it's worth.

The video is supposed to be about a friend committing suicide. At least, so I've heard. If someone can provide links to interviews proving this, I'd love to see it.

She once said in an interview that Summertime Sadness was "about nothing." Songs, after all, don't have to be about personal experience. Or anything at all. And the meaning of a song does not have to hinge on its video, either - the two can be independent.

off topic but reading this interview i remembered when she said that

about aka: 

The singer recently bought back the rights to the record, and says: "I'm re-releasing it, maybe in late summer."

where is it bi*ch

Wy8jf2U.jpg

off topic but reading this interview i remembered when she said that

about aka:

The singer recently bought back the rights to the record, and says: "I'm re-releasing it, maybe in late summer."

where is it bi*ch

coming summer 2020 :creep:

That would be a big mistake IMHO.

I'd rather she take some time and make another new album in a couple years (if thats what it takes),

maybe her and Frans move back to NYC for some better inspirational vibes, and see where that goes..

someone else posted these similar thoughts a few pages ago, on this or unpopular opinions maybe..

and that might be a good idea

I wish she would do audio books/ reading poetry like her monolgues or Burnt Norton

How cool would it be if she and James Franco did the audio to James Franco's book and they read each part

Hell, if Bruce Springsteen could do an Outlaw Pete book.

BTW- Summertime sadness is indeed about suicide.

And as today I have Swan Song in repeat (up to the eight time) I still say the song is Elizabeth and Lana as the two people in the song. As is Terence as is one interpretation of HBTB.

Who is to say it isn't?

In Hollywood, everything is real even if it isn't.

(Too bad it's not Lana tonight on American Horror Hotel...as Lana was the inspiration for the Lana character in AHS-Asylum and Lana figured prominent on AHS-Freak show too.

How anyone can possibly say Lana's lyrics have something wrong with them...have their eyes Kubrick like wide closed.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

wait a minute- I think I missed something-

did someone in a recent page say something that Lana bought back the rights to AKA and is releasing it?

Really? Source?

when?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

wait a minute- I think I missed something-

did someone in a recent page say something that Lana bought back the rights to AKA and is releasing it?

Really? Source?

when?

She bought back the rights atfer it was taken down from the market, before Born To Die if I'm not wrong.

She talked about re-releasing it at some point, but this was before UV got released, so I doubt it will ever happen.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

yeah I thought that was the case early on, thought someone had some new information now ...

one can hope one day for that big box set with all the old stuff. Would love it if only to have an official other record to get signed at some point.

(would love to have each release on cd and vinyl signed)

thanks for the quick response.