annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

the reason i like UV over HM is because UV (album) had entire SONGS i loved. The instrumental, the verses, bridges, chorus, outro etc. Each part of many songs sounded incredible. Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, PWYC, Florida Kilos, UV, Cruel World, etc, the album had SO many songs that you WANTED to listen to from start to finish, even the bonus tracks SLAYED, and still do.

where as in HM, i find myself liking parts of songs, but not entire songs. I like the chorus of freak, the synthesisers in Religion, the verses in GKIT, the outro in Honeymoon, the bridge in The Blackest Day ("you shoulda known better" part), some parts of Art Deco but especially the jazzy instrumental change in the middle of the song, etc etc

Anyone else feel this way?

wow, slowish threads.. ok time for a comment..

HM has a few of the best songs from Lana, she will ever, or anyone in past present of future will ever do imho.

the songs i love from HM are incredible. For me the songs I love the most are, Blackest day, Swan song, Freak.

MTWBT. Im going to be so judgemental of her live performance of these..(when/if she does these live)..

because i have built them up so high from the album version.. some are dark and depressing, but also amazing..

so i get some don't like it..but man, this album sounds blow me away.. beautiful recordings.

Has anyone taken the time to count how many times she says blue? ;) I am genuinely curious haha

5 in Honeymoon

4 in MTWBT

2 in GKIT

8 in Freak

3 in Salvatore

1 in TBD

-------------------

23 references of the colour 'blue' in total.

obUZKpb.gif

the Beatles used the mellotron especially in Strawberry Fields

I said it before, would that be the sound at the very start of  Salvatore? Because that sounds like the ending after the fake ending of Strawberry Fields

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

5 in Honeymoon

4 in MTWBT

2 in GKIT

8 in Freak

3 in Salvatore

1 in TBD

-------------------

23 references of the colour 'blue' in total.

I believe Swan Song had a mention of 'blue': "Darling, dive deep and dark blue suedes." There are also some casual references to the 'blues' in songs like TLY, but I don't know if they count lol.

title251192345.png

I believe Swan Song had a mention of 'blue': "Darling, dive deep and dark blue suedes." There are also some casual references to the 'blues' in songs like TLY, but I don't know if they count lol.

isn't the lyrics .. dive in, dive deep and dive blue my sweet? ...

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I didn't want to count the 'blue' in TLY considering it's got the derivative 'blues'. Either way, it's around ~25, a lot for a single word.

obUZKpb.gif

Lanas vocals' are sampled in Swan Song, listen:

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Someone compiled every time she says blue but not every single one:http://w7edwin.tumblr.com/post/130748011074/tarrancelovesyou-1greenwitchavenue#notes

When it's true than HBTB samples Swan Song because HBTB was the last song she made for HM

Mfhp.gif

I really love Swan Song. It should have gotten a video. It has become a standout for me on this record along with The Blackest Day, 24, Salvatore and Terrence Loves You. The second half in general is way stronger than the first one.

exquisite taste right here

Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode) has a nice mention for LDR. I love it when artists I love love artists I love, but notice how the headline distorts it. Anyway glad LDR was the only thing he remembered when asked about what he thought was good on the charts.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/oct/08/dave-gahan-depeche-mode-soulsavers-interview

I wish somebody would hand Lana Depeche Mode's "Songs Of Faith & Devotion and Ultra. Especially the former is a beautiful, dark album, the live album of it is even better. It would totally be her cup of tea.

My top three have to be GKIT, TLY, and MTWBT. To me, they're lyrically the best, sound the best, and relate to me the most. In my opinion, they're some of her best songs up to date. Her worst song in the album has to be HBTB. I liked it at first, but it's so bland. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood actually is really growing on me too. 

sgopYhV.gif