brooklynbaby91

Azealia comments on "Art Deco" diss track rumors

There's no solid info on it being about Azealia, bye.

That's why I said it's "prob not".

No, no, no.

tumblr_n9jb2bEDBF1spc1c9o1_400.giftumblr_n2p54lqM5O1s69ao0o1_400.gif

I bet the people who are letting this "you're so ghetto" thing slide are the same ones who think it was anywhere near ok for her to wear a war bonnet in the Ride video...we can admit that homegirl has a lot of shit to learn.

I thought the same thing on the you're so ghetto thing too. I aint gone lie. That's why I thought it was about Azealia cuz it would make more sense to me.

I bet the people who are letting this "you're so ghetto" thing slide are the same ones who think it was anywhere near ok for her to wear a war bonnet in the Ride video...we can admit that homegirl has a lot of shit to learn.

stop trying to make this about culture appropriation :oprah2: , yeah the headdress in Ride was wrong and that IS culture appropriation

but calling someone ghetto isnt appropriating a culture ??? , there were ghettos in which hitler would send jews, ghetto isnt just for black people, so go read a history book and stop with this exaggerated culture appropriation, youre just like those people who say she appropriated "chola culture" like ???? some people need a knock on their head to get it on straight

stop trying to make this about culture appropriation :oprah2: , yeah the headdress in Ride was wrong and that IS culture appropriation

but calling someone ghetto isnt appropriating a culture ??? , there were ghettos in which hitler would send jews, ghetto isnt just for black people, so go read a history book and stop with this exaggerated culture appropriation, youre just like those people who say she appropriated "chola culture" like ???? some people need a knock on their head to get it on straight

Scanning my comment to find where I said using "ghetto" was cultural appropriation or just for black people, cannot find. My point was that Lana is clearly uneducated about this kind of shit and people are allowed to find fault in it.

Scanning my comment to find where I said using "ghetto" was cultural appropriation or just for black people, cannot find. My point was that Lana is clearly uneducated about this kind of shit and people are allowed to find fault in it.

if you were talking about people who let the culture appropriation slide in Ride and compared it to the "youre so ghetto" then its obviously about the same thing, you cant compare 2 unlike things especially in the way you worded it

go back and read your own comment :hottie:   

They're going to dislocate their arms, they're reaching so much.

Ha, this is a great line. Gonna have to steal it.

Is the "you're so ghetto" line problematic? I think it's really hard to say without knowing who it's about. But I think the evidence that it's about Azealia Banks is really thin so far.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

or people can stop seeing the differences between eachother and realize that incorporating other cultures in art/everyday life is truly stating ones passion for difference. It's getting real fucking old with the "ur white u can't wear this" or "ur black u can't wear that" um last time I checked we were all going forward as human beings and not closing ourselves off to little groups that reserve specific things? I mean the way you differentiate people like that makes you the racist for wanting to keep the "we'll never be the same" mindset alive. tsk tsk :azealia:

sorry but no.. cultural appropriation and saying the word ghetto are two very different things... plus what if the person was literally from a ghetto? what if they described themselves as ghetto to her? like u don't know

ALSO .. for cultural appropriation to be a thing.. i really feel like it should be when a culture as a whole says its okay for them to use another race/ethnicity's culture but then oppress the people

BUT if you're going to be calling a person specifically out for cultural appropriation.. they have to have taken a minorities culture and actually oppress that minority... as far as i know lana del rey actually fucking worked/did some kind of service on indian reservations.. so how is she oppressing the people whilst embracing the cultural headress ...if she's not actually oppressing any? JUST CURIOUS .. i get it .. its kinda fuking rude to just nab someones sacred garment for ur music video but.. she wasn't really oppressing anyone...

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

or people can stop seeing the differences between eachother and realize that incorporating other cultures in art/everyday life is truly stating ones passion for difference. It's getting real fucking old with the "ur white u can't wear this" or "ur black u can't wear that" um last time I checked we were all going forward as human beings and not closing ourselves off to little groups that reserve specific things? I mean the way you differentiate people like that makes you the racist for wanting to keep the "we'll never be the same" mindset alive. tsk tsk :azealia:

well i feel like the issue is  that society will embrace a part of (for example) black culture.. abut then oppress black people.. this can be said with many cultures.. 

and also i feel like.. i mean its right to say we aren't the same.. people of color and white people are not the same! even some white people vs other white people aren't the same.. same with poc vs poc..but.. that doesn't mean either one of us should be treated in a lesser way, or oppressed. were all humans at the core ..but to say we are all the same really kind of (imo) disregards each persons cultural background idk ;-;

well i feel like the issue is that society will embrace a part of (for example) black culture.. abut then oppress black people.. this can be said with many cultures..

and also i feel like.. i mean its right to say we aren't the same.. people of color and white people are not the same! but.. that doesn't mean either one of us should be treated in a lesser way, or oppressed. were all humans at the core ..but to say we are all the same really kind of (imo) disregards each persons cultural background idk ;-;

youre absolutely right!!! culture appropriation can be a good thing when used appropriately and in context, some people just over exaggerate it

youre absolutely right!!! culture appropriation can be a good thing when used appropriately and in context, some people just over exaggerate it

i wouldn't say cultural appropriation can be good... but for other cultures to fully embrace other cultures as well as their people would be cool

Acting like people of color are a monolith that are, as a whole, different and separate from white people is in itself more than a lil racist...

tumblr_n3s9t7uX7A1qlvwnco1_500.gif

well i feel like the issue is that society will embrace a part of (for example) black culture.. abut then oppress black people.. this can be said with many cultures..

and also i feel like.. i mean its right to say we aren't the same.. people of color and white people are not the same! but.. that doesn't mean either one of us should be treated in a lesser way, or oppressed. were all humans at the core ..but to say we are all the same really kind of (imo) disregards each persons cultural background idk ;-;

But the thing is white people aren't oppressing anyone. Yes some people who happen to be white people are, but to say that as a whole group we all share the same idea is silly.

And saying we are all the same doesn't really disregard people's heritage. It means as a whole, as all one group, we are all the same. We are ALL special. To let heritage dictate the lifes of others and yourself is really a shame. If I were to suddenly fall in love with the cultural or spiritual practices of the native americans, I wouldn't see the harm in practicing it myself. It's me paying homage to them. I don't like the whole idea of being stuck to one way of life just because of my background/color of my skin. I mean, it's one thing to want to honor your culture, it's another to use it against others in making them look wrong.

"Ghetto" has always been a compliment in Lana's songs, it's safe to assume it is also here.  It's not a diss track but it's definitely about AB.  I wrote in the lyrics thread and the connections on Genius.com are just too convincing.  It has nothing to do about "ghetto" I think.

Lana probably thinks AB is an interesting person/character/(friend) and was moved to write about her.

u6pq4c9.gif

But the thing is white people aren't oppressing anyone. Yes some people who happen to be white people are, but to say that as a whole group we all share the same idea is silly.

i mean i agree that white people as an entirety aren't oppressing people.. thats just as over the top as saying all black people live on welfare. so u right about that sorry  :derpna2: