Monicker

Would Lana be as well-liked if she wasn’t attractive?

I actually really liked Video Games, the music the whole conception about the video and off course her voice. Lana is not drop dead gorgeous in my opinion is more like a girl next door type of beauty. I also think that what makes Lana a incredible face for videos and photography is more that she is a chameleon and has a very interesting face that the camera loves and not only the fact that she is very pretty. Take Kate Moss and Gisele Bundchen for example. Both of them are 2 of the most sucessful models of all times.. There are several models that are a lot more beautiful than them. But they have a very interesting type of beauty that is easily captivated by the camera and both of them are huge chameleons. Both have very powerful eyes and expressions like Lana . Is something hard to explain but some faces are just born for videos and pictures. I think Lana has one of those faces.I think Katy Perry is quite beautiful but I don't think her face is interesting camera wise after a while becomes boring and plain. But if you look at Katy she is quite gorgeous even if that beauty is somewhat vanilla. Gaga in the other hand is not gorgeous or even very pretty but her face is interesting in ways that she becomes a interesting face camera wise. In my opinion Lana is more than beautiful she is interesting. The combination of beauty and being interesting is what makes her get all the attenton she gets. Music is meant to be heard after all not to be seeing. That is music wise so yes I think she would be successful. But if you ask me if she was going to be modeling, being the face of H&M or getting as many covers as she does if she wasn't beautiful I would say: Not a chance. All that extra comes with beauty and that extra makes your name be seeing a lot.

glgcDdT.gif

I don't think so, no. I genuinely believe women not considered attractive need to work harder to prove themselves.

We only need look at the manufactured 'entertainers' we see in the media. I say entertainer because in some cases they can barely sing so aren't musicians/artists/singers IMO (though maybe 'dancer' is a better term for some of them), but they're absolutely stunning. Do we really believe the likes of Cheryl Cole or Britney/most boy or girl band members, with their...  vocal abilities, would be so popular if they weren't cute as a button?

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I don't think so, no. I genuinely believe women not considered attractive need to work harder to prove themselves.

We only need look at the manufactured 'entertainers' we see in the media. I say entertainer because in some cases they can barely sing so aren't musicians/artists/singers IMO (though maybe 'dancer' is a better term for some of them), but they're absolutely stunning. Do we really believe the likes of Cheryl Cole or Britney/most boy or girl band members, with their...  vocal abilities, would be so popular if they weren't cute as a button?

Agree with you in a way. But in that scenario you said isnt beauty a compensation for the lake of talent and vocal ability? And in the reverse if you have talent you dont need to be that pretty? Is a honest question.

And Britney is far from being gorgeous in my opinion. She is pretty but has to be something more than that. She was a great dancer on her prime, her music was a fair good pop with some pretty good beats. I honestly think Cheryl is really gorgeous and to be fair she is not as half as successful as Britney or Rihanna for example. Beauty counts but I dont think is what sells concert tickets or what makes you stay. Maybe in the beggining but to remain and stay you need more than a pretty face.

glgcDdT.gif

Agree with you in a way. But in that scenario you said isnt beauty a compensation for the lake of talent and vocal ability? And in the reverse if you have talent you dont need to be that pretty? Is a honest question.

And Britney is far from being gorgeous in my opinion. She is pretty but has to be something more than that. She was a great dancer on her prime, her music was a fair good pop with some pretty good beats. I honestly think Cheryl is really gorgeous and to be fair she is not as half as successful as Britney or Rihanna for example. Beauty counts but I dont think is what sells concert tickets or what makes you stay. Maybe in the beggining but to remain and stay you need more than a pretty face.

Beauty is the compensation yes. I'm not really sure how to answer the second question, you don't need to be attractive, but in that industry it helps. If you have genuine talent than no you don't have to rely on your looks but again you have to prove yourself more so. Without an instantly acceptable face you aren't instantly acceptable.

And you do require more than looks, if you have no talent; you require a good team of people. That's the difference between Cheryl/Britney/Rihanna and any other pretty face that has been nothing more than a 5 minute wonder, they're surrounded by talented people. Or you could be unfortunate media fodder the way Britney is :P

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

If beauty was definitive or that important we would never hear about Amy winehouse that was one ugly super talented chick.

Actually, she became much more well-known with Back to Black after her look became skinnier, 60s-like and pretty iconic, which makes your point even worse than it is. I always found her very beautiful but that's personal I guess. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

omg...i cant. Get out of ur cave please  :judgingu:  

:wtf:

Actually, she became much more well-known with Back to Black after her look became skinnier, 60s-like and pretty iconic, which makes your point even worse than it is. I always found her very beautiful but that's personal I guess. 

Chill people. I think Amy W is outstanding, successful, fucking amazing musician. I get chicks dig her hair, her say style. I think is nice and cool also. But no one in this planet can convince me that Amy is pretty or sexy or anything close to that. Sorry. I like Adele so I will now start telling everyone she is thin, runaway model thin. Sounds right?

stkRUDM.jpg

I mean people like Lady Gaga and she's ugly. And Adele is fat, maybe even obese, but people like her. It depends how ugly I guess... on a side note, I never thought I could take anyone with duck lips seriously as a musician but Lana obviously changed that. So idk....

Now imagine if was me saying such thing lol

I got heat for calling Amy W ugly and talented. Which is true. You call Lana duck lips, Adele obese and Gaga ugly and get away with it. Just so you know I agree with you

stkRUDM.jpg

She was always beautiful imo but anyone can dress sexy, grind in music videos and be conventionally attractive but I like how she doesn't try hard to be sexy; she just is. Her personality and attitude adds to her sexiness. :bodyisready:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Now imagine if was me saying such thing lol

I got heat for calling Amy W ugly and talented. Which is true. You call Lana duck lips, Adele obese and Gaga ugly and get away with it. Just so you know I agree with you

Haha. Amy was kinda ugly, for a celeb, when she was high as hell or wasted.... but man she was talented. She is a legend. And everything I said is true.   :creepna:

I mean people like Lady Gaga and she's ugly. And Adele is fat, maybe even obese, but people like her. It depends how ugly I guess... on a side note, I never thought I could take anyone with duck lips seriously as a musician but Lana obviously changed that. So idk....

I can't believe I'm going to say this since I absolute dislike Gaga but she is not ugly me thinks...ughs

I actually think she has a interesting natural face when she doesn't have all that crap makeup on. Adele is gorgeous ok? ! :noparty:    Since Adele is my croissant I won't mention on her superoverweight. And Lana and her duck lips are kind of mergin beautifully to me. Who knew huh? People can actually get used to duck lips. You, me, thousands of others. I used to feel pain looking at Lana's mouth and lips these days not so much. Got used to those mega filled up lips :hooker: she  pumps now and then just  like I pump my bikes tire.

Oh Lana sooo precious

glgcDdT.gif

I can't believe I'm going to say this since I absolute dislike Gaga but she is not ugly me thinks...ughs

I actually think she has a interesting natural face when she doesn't have all that crap makeup on. Adele is gorgeous ok? ! :noparty: Since Adele is my croissant I won't mention on her superoverweight. And Lana and her duck lips are kind of mergin beautifully to me. Who knew huh? People can actually get used to duck lips. You, me, thousands of others. I used to feel pain looking at Lana's mouth and lips these days not so much. Got used to those mega filled up lips :hooker: she pumps now and then just like I pump my bikes tire.

Oh Lana sooo precious

I'm sorry but idt she is attractive at all. Her teeth are really unattractive and it reminds me of a manager I had when I was working at McDonalds. Lol. Kinda like donkey teeth. And yeah I get what you mean about Lana's lips. For a split second I thought "here we go with another plastic chick trying to sing"...but then she started singing, BTD at the Marmont, and I was like damn gurl can saaaaaaaaaang. Haha.

Looks like people seem to be turned off by full lips (real or fake).

But I used to wish I had them when I was 13 because the girls that I thought were pretty had full lips (Skye Sweetnam, Anna Popplewell, and a girl I was friends with....)

:sluttybunny:🌧️