Sign in to follow this  
FROGGO

Share your favourite single runs!

Hi friends! I thought we could share our favourite mammoth single runs. Some album eras generate these massive campaigns with single after single on the charts, a new music video on rotation (shout out to those that remember music videos on TV), and even breaking and setting impressive records! This thread is a celebration of those impeccable album campaigns!

The criteria: 

1. The singles run must comprise of at AT LEAST four singles.
  2. The artist/band can be from any genre, any decade.
  3. You can post as many album eras as you like, but you must have ONE album era per post. Likes will be used to see how many people are in agreement with you!
  4. Please don't post music videos, as this will make loading the site very slow for some.
  5. The artist/band must be "popular", so try to refrain from posting obscure indie artists please :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

CHRISTINA AGUILERA - SELF TITLED (1999)

I remember the Britney vs Christina debate like it was yesterday. My seven-year-old self was firmly in the Christina camp. She didn't have Britney's sugary-sweet Max Martin production, she wasn't a dancer (no matter how hard her label tried to make her one), and she didn't have the Lolita innocence on lock. She did, however, have that voice

1CxlwxG.png  4JpIkMM.jpg  51ljhnJ.jpg  xZg6wI6.jpg

The singles run of Genie in a Bottle, What a Girl Wants, I Turn to You, and Come on Over (All I want is You). Click on the single art to listen.

Years later, I would decide to laminate my stan card for Britney... but my appreciation for this single run remains. Obviously some of the production elements sound dated, but on the whole, the production is impressive and fairs better than Britney's ...Baby One More Time.  :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Elton John

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Philadelphia Freedom

Someone Saved my life tonight

Island Girl

all from 1974-1975

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Beatles

Penny Lane

All you need is love

Hello Goodbye

Lady Madonna

Hey Jude

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Dido - Life For Rent

honestly such a beautiful album and run of singles. The chorus of Don't Leave Home still hits me crazy hard every time :oprah:

White_Flag_Dido.jpg

dido-life-for-rent-single.jpg

4129DXM0BDL._QL70_.jpg

300x300.jpg

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

The Emancipation of Mimi

In 2001, after the terrible fiasco that was Glitter and the emotional breakdown that soon followed, Mariah Carey was dead and gone, for the press.  Has been. Nothing but a faded dream. Old news. She took some time for herself and released "Charmbracelet", that received a mere lukewarm welcome. And then came 2005. 

It's Like That

aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnNjZG4uY28vaW1hZ2UvOWI1Mjk4

Nothing sensational, chart wise, but to everyone's surprise, the song got airplay and ... Yes, people actually seemed to enjoy it ! Careless, and fun ... BOP 

"It's a special occasion/Mimi's Emancipation/A cause for celebration/I ain't gonna let nobody's drama bother me"  :sluttybunny:

We Belong Together

blog_gl_4730147_7220772_tr_mariah_carey_

The song soon became a MONSTER hit. You simply couldn't escape a Radio Station playing it or a MV Channel spinning the video, it was omnipresent. 14 weeks spent to Number 1. Billboard baptized it Song of the decade (little known fact, MC had the song of the previous decade with "One Sweet Day", ft Boyz 2 Men, a song that spent 16 weeks atop the charts). 

Shake It Off

Mariah_Carey_-_Shake_It_Off.jpg

Shake It Off had to satisfy itself with the second position, well ... Because We Belong Together was still destroying lives everywhere ! 

Don't Forget About Us

1726742.jpg

Don't Forget About Us quickly became Mariah's 17th Number One. In the following era, E=MC2, "Touch My Body" earned her her 18th, tying her with Elvis Presley (also 18 number ones, I believe). Only the Beatles have more (21, If I'm not mistaken). 

Undisputedly one of the biggest and unexpected comebacks of the history of music, Mariah Carey managed, once again, to prove herself to the world (even though she doesn't need to, anymore  :whitney: ).

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

This was so hard for me.. I was going to do a David Bowie one but the albums I was focusing on did not have the best songs as singles so...

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy 

Kanye_West_-_Power.pngRunaway_Kanye_West_artwork.pngMonster-Kanye-West-.pngAll_of_the_Lights_cover.png 

Power/Runaway/Monster/All of the Lights

Who could forget the epic return of Kanye after much controversy? Many people wanted him to comeback and fail but he ended up making one of the best albums of the decade and in the history of rap/hip-hop. Many Kanye fans I know call this his best album. 

(For me it's Yeezus but he only released 2 singles from it soo...)

After a Hiatus and trying to leave the Justified-NSYNC sounds of yesteryear, Justin Timberlake and producer Timbaland join once again for a multi-genre sonical album. 2006

FutureSex/LoveSounds

220px-My_Love.png  220px-What_Goes_Around..._Comes_Around.p  220px-LoveStoned.png  220px-JT_Summer_Love.png

Out of six, these are my top 4 singles

I'm gonna count Kesha's Animal/Cannibal period like we do for Lana's BTD/P :creep:

6 singles, and all big hits for her.

Tik Tok

Blah blah blah

Your Love Is My Drug

Take it Off

We R Who We R

Blow

party.gif?w=1100

18 Months

is the third studio album by  Calvin Harris.  All eight of the aforementioned singles, along with "We Found Love" (featuring Rihanna), reached the top 10 of the UK Singles Chart, making 18 Months the first album in history to spawn nine top-10 singles.

This is Harris's first studio album where he does not regularly provide the vocals on his songs, instead producing the music and having guest singers sing for him, as Harris stated in November 2010 he would not be singing on his songs any more. (In which I like his voice). 2012

220px-Let%27sGoCalvinHarris.jpg  220px-Calvin_Harris_-_Sweet_Nothing.png  220px-Calvin_Harris_-_I_Need_Your_Love_f  Thinking_About_You_%28Calvin_Harris_song

Out of 8 singles, here are my top 4

Madonna - Confessions On A Dancefloor

madonna-hung-up-single.jpgmadonna-sorry-single.jpgGet-together-cd-single-cover.jpgmadonna-jump-single.jpg

Hung Up                                        Sorry                                  Get Together                                    Jump

COAD was a complete departure from American Life. With influences from 70's/80's disco and infused with modern day club music Madonna made an amazing come back with COAD proving to the world why she is the Queen of Pop again. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

DJ Khaled - Major Key

Major Key (stylized as Major ) is the ninth studio album by DJ Khaled. It was released on July 29, 2016 by Epic Records and We the Best Music Group. The album features guest appearances from FutureBig SeanRick RossJay ZDrakeNasKendrick LamarBetty WrightJ. ColeBryson TillerNicki MinajChris BrownAugust AlsinaJeremihKodak BlackBob MarleyLil WayneMeghan TrainorWiz KhalifaWale and Mavado.

interesting album to listen to.  2016

220px-ForFree.jpg220px-IGotTheKeys.jpg220px-Holy_Key.jpg220px-DJ_Khaled_-_Do_You_Mind.jpg