Sign in to follow this  
theeternalstars

Lana Del Rey Covers NME Magazine

Got 24 copies for now, the actual cover is an advertisement, there are one full page pic of Neil's yellow rose picture and three pages of interview (cut in the middle by a full page Art Angels ad lol), gonna transcribe it rn updating this post xx

OMG RIP I spent the last hour transcribing it before seeing it was scanned kmssssssssssssss :facepalm: I have literally sub zero clue

ZKcaooE.png

Really love this interview, it's actually pretty long and it feels like she took the time to think about it. If she does another NY record I'm gonna need to already take appointment for hair transplant because she will leave my already bald scalp absolutely hairless to the roots, I couldn't be more ready for that, even if it takes years which knowing her probably won't. Bless her for speaking out about persona just in time for what I needed. I just wish we had more pics because my Neil thirst had no curfew but I forgot we weren't really supposed to have the pics already haha. Reading her already talk about the next album is so inspiring for some reasons, she lives her art like no one I've seen before it seems like the balance between HAVING to produce art like as she breathes and how much passion she puts into it is perfect and it's the most humongous goal I could ever find I'm so thankful for her existence

ZKcaooE.png

more Brooklyn Babies are coming to slay you all! prepare your wigs!!!!!

:excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

what if she also means the east coast hip hop sounds????!!!!! 

:excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

Lemme bop to "Notorious B.I.G X Lana Del Rey: Born Ready To Die" first

giphy.gif

general: I wonder if the complete set of questions were answered, or if there were questions submitted she did not answer. I'm assuming these were the only questions asked.

specific:

"Can you ever imagine releasing music without that persona? Returning to Lizzy Grant?"

I'm glad she parenthesized that the Bowie reference might not have been "good", but now I have to wonder exactly how she imagines DB to be. For me, DB is also an actor and so assuming different roles is natural for him. As for his choice of roles, this reflects his interests and instincts for packaging (to sell records, make himself distinct from the crowd, and make his aesthetics clear). As for LDR, she, her songs, or videos don't really have a "persona" but a strong aesthetic. 

I also can't help but think this Rorschach Blot of a question was meant to elicit something about the fate of the AKA album. Maybe that was asked explicitly or maybe not, which relates to my general concern. Of course it's not just the music from AKA, but all the unreleased stuff. I mean, I just can't understand the question as being anything else but an overly coy attempt to get at that issue. 

I just hope interviewers finally realize she's been asked the same god damn question about her persona like twenty times now. Like she's never gonna say yes. All they do is change the words around like damn :azealia: they all sound like Is Lizzy really Lana? Is Lana really Lizzy? Is LDR a persona? Do you have a persona? So LDR is your persona? Who is the real Lana? Who is Lizzy? Are they different people? Is Lana a personality?

Like I'm suprised she hasn't gotten pissed off and cursed out an interviewer I'd be so pressed

general: I wonder if the complete set of questions were answered, or if there were questions submitted she did not answer. I'm assuming these were the only questions asked.

specific:
"Can you ever imagine releasing music without that persona? Returning to Lizzy Grant?"

I'm glad she parenthesized that the Bowie reference might not have been "good", but now I have to wonder exactly how she imagines DB to be. For me, DB is also an actor and so assuming different roles is natural for him. As for his choice of roles, this reflects his interests and instincts for packaging (to sell records, make himself distinct from the crowd, and make his aesthetics clear). As for LDR, she, her songs, or videos don't really have a "persona" but a strong aesthetic. 

I also can't help but think this Rorschach Blot of a question was meant to elicit something about the fate of the AKA album. Maybe that was asked explicitly or maybe not, which relates to my general concern. Of course it's not just the music from AKA, but all the unreleased stuff. I mean, I just can't understand the question as being anything else but an overly coy attempt to get at that issue. 

Both what L says and her parenthetical seem correct at the same time -- just as Lizzy insists Lana is her, Bowie, surprisingly never called the Thin White Duke a persona at the time -- only later was it redefined as an old mask that was discarded: http://www.bowiegoldenyears.com/articles/760427-circus.html

Bowie: Exactly. I was working more as a storyteller. It's a very old-fashioned English thing to do, which is to be more of a minstrel. An electronic minstrel. I was concerned with telling stories, the albums that were labelled "concept albums" were just little story albums. I saw grains of truth in a lot of them, but I didn't particularly like many of the characters. But those were the kind of stories I was writing. The last couple of albums have been more up. Young Americans started me thinking about writing my own personal thoughts for a change, which I haven't really done in the past. Station to Station is probably the first album where I've gotten down to what I really think.... I wanted my audience to know a little bit more about me as a person. Hence, another reason why I'm doing this interview: to make it understood that a lot of my past personae have been characters. About 100 per cent of my past personae have been characters.
Edmonds: So the character on Station to Station, is it you or is it just a different persona?
Bowie: I think it was me at the time of recording, yes, definitely, and a lot of it is carried over. 

The NME cover would have made such a good Honeymoon cover it would have fit so well with BTD and Paradise

I need this to happen, all of my Lana album art is BTD themed :defeated:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

ok i just made a shitty edit of the nme cover, there's not enough image above lana for it to really work, plus i don't even have any photo editing software so i literally made this using a website and pages on mac  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  it's a travesty neil krug shot so many gorgeous photos and *that picture* was picked as the cover lmaoooo  :rip: OZdJda9.png?1

somebody pls make a real one that's not shit  :excited:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

ok i just made a shitty edit of the nme cover, there's not enough image above lana for it to really work, plus i don't even have any photo editing software so i literally made this using a website and pages on mac  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  it's a travesty neil krug shot so many gorgeous photos and *that picture* was picked as the cover lmaoooo  :rip: OZdJda9.png?1

I've tried, sorry about the quality I had to redo the background by hand, I made two versions cuz fun and I like them both, the crop is weird but it's 100% copied on BTD, I just added a bit of contrast, files are really big sorry

tumblr_nz9e4t25pG1uh2hnzo1_1280.pngtumblr_nz9e4t25pG1uh2hnzo2_1280.png

ZKcaooE.png

do you have the HQ photo?